• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

I think Lisa talked about some of the Slot Machines being discolored from the Vegas Store when they were made and had to be sent back but my Slot machine was perfect when it arrived ( a beautiful mint green color to the plastic like veneers on sides) about 3 or 4 years ago when they first came in, but when I was dusting around Christmas time I found that mine has partially turned a brownish color. I have noticed that some of them up for sale on Ebay appear this way also. Has this happened to anyone else? Does this effect the value in your opinion? I am very unhappy about this because I really liked the pretty mint green color and this new brown color is not very attractive to me. I also wonder if there is any way to remedy this. I called the Vegas Store and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Lauder Lover wink.gif

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:00 PM

Are both sides going partially brown evenly or just one side? On Ebay it seems that just one side (the right one as you're looking at it) is a different colour.

If yours was green on both sides when it came, it certainly sounds strange to change colour!!

Eek! I'm off to check mine now!

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:23 PM

Off I went to the cabinet and DRATS, mine is also turning a pale brown on one side. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

What in the world is going on. unsure.gif unsure.gif

The only thing( I think) EL would do is take the offending solids back but then you would not have the solid. dry.gif dry.gif

Making a list of changing solids:

Igloo- turning pink on the snow.
Slot Machine - one side turning brown where the mint green is.

I will start checking others and if anyone has more let me know and we will take this problem up at convention. sad.gif

Ann

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

I have a slot machine "sample" and the sides are brownish also. It was like this when I bought it off ebay. I prefer green, however, just I'm happy to have one.

Wasn't there a problem with the pink cat's meow turning pale? I saw some that look white. Mine's fine.

At this rate, Lauder should rethink using plastic in their solids. Maybe the fruit plate will have weird colored fruit. Brown banana anyone? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:36 PM

You are right about the pink cat.

The one that turned pale or was made that way is highly sought after so maybe our stuff turning is not so bad. biggrin.gif

Off now to look at the fruit. laugh.gif

Ann

#6 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:54 PM

a.

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:52 AM

Don't forget about the yellow ice in our Champagne! sad.gif

In my personal opinion I think the turning colors is the plastic (resin) reacting to the scent from the perfume over a long period of time.

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:19 AM

I just checked and my discolored solids are the following:

Slot machine, panda head, bubbly & Champagne bucket.

The slot machine is by far the worst and since I love wub.gif this one so much I am sad with the discoloration. unsure.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#9 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:31 AM

I don't have the slot machine - but why is it discolored only on one side? Do they use different materials for each side?

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:40 AM

Pat,

I cannot figure that one out, it's not like it is just one side because all the panels have discolored except one. If the solid was affected by light or sun than all of the panels would have faded. It just doesn't make sense that on one side the large panel is the original color but the small one underneath it discolored.

On second thought maybe it is the glue they use. dry.gif

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:21 AM

Looking at yours and comparing it with mine it seems that all of mine are turning
except the small panel on the side of the arm. I looked at the ones that had sold on Ebay and it seems that there is no pattern to which panel will turn.

If all of the panels turn it will not be as noticable. But not as pretty as the mint green.

I wonder if the perfume is setting up some kind of cemical reaction.

Remember the blue cameos that EL put the white liners in and the perfume ate the white liners . The only blue cameo you can now find with the liner intact has never had perfume in it.

Maybe EL didn't take in consideration when designing the cases that we would leave the solids full of perfume. Or that we would never say anything.

Ann

#12 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:17 PM

Look at your peaches!!!!

Ann

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:13 PM

Ann,

I did think of that one and mine is fine although it doesn't look fuzzy anymore. I also noticed that the princess pump is also yellowing. sad.gif

#14 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:50 PM

My slot machine is evenly brown on all panels. ohmy.gif

What about those plastic cameos? Does anyone have any that changed? I only have one (from 2003), so it's too early to tell.

About white enamelling turning tan? The Sleeping Puppies, petite four, teapot....

I have an Ivory Duck that's pale as could be. The previous owner may have left it near a window. sad.gif

Another theory: color change from reaction to the oils in your skin. Or, cheap unstable plastic that simply changes no matter what. ph34r.gif

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

Just checked out my Glittery Champagne Millennium Bucket and yes, the ice is not white! I presumed it was supposed to be a golden colour as that is the colour of champagne!

Meanwhile, my blue cameo, the two ladies, one with the dove on her shoulder, has the inside of white casing (presume that is what was referred to) in perfect condition. No discolouration whatsoever. No perfume either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users