Photo

Is Estee Lauder solid perfume selling in Spain or Paris?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 12:38 AM

Can anyone tell me if Estee Lauder is selling in Spain & Paris?
I will be there for holiday and wonder which store should I visit that might have higher chance of getting solid perfume.
Wonder if there is any exclusive solid there too?
It will be fun to pursue your collection outside your country. You never know what surprises might lie there. [Razz]

#2 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 09:06 AM

Hi Perfummemorie !
I think when you go to big stores you maybe get
some solid perfumes. I'm from germany and here the new solids will arrive at the end of oktober.
We will get the following and I think in europe
its all the same.But beware of the prices [Frown] [Mad] [Eek!] . Very high ones. It's better you can make holidays in switzerland there you can them cheeper.

Magical Unicorn 150
King Charles Spaniel 150 Red Cherry 150 Cactus 280 Cameo 120 Circus Tent 500 Sphinx 200 Victorian Doll House 280 Globe 500
Violin 280 Circus Clown 250 Penguins 250 Zebra 230 Rooster 230
Fairy 150

All prices are in Euro. The Violin is different because its filled with Intiution not Youth Dew . The Fairy is different too. Its without rhinestones, the flower is red and she is standing on a leaf like the new enchanted fairy.

Have a nice trip to europe and good hunting [Wink] !!!

Greetings !
Michaela

#3 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 11:36 PM

WOW! For the same solid, the price is much higher than States. In this case,I should not buy there, unless I find solids that is exclusive outside US.
Thanks a lot for sharing with me.

#4 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 05:56 PM

Before you flip at the prices, note that the prices are in Euros, not American dollars. Better check the exchange rate. I think some of the prices are very close to what the American prices are. Maybe someone in Europe can suggest a good store or friendly Lauder rep who will ship to us here in the US. Esp. those that are not available here.

#5 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 12:50 AM

The Euro dollar is almost on par with the USD. The prices for the lower end solids are almost double whereas the mid and high range are simiar.
I wonder why is the Globe priced so high? For the same price, I think that Circus Tent is a better buy.

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 04:45 AM

Thought you would be interested in the prices for the U.K.

Out this year is the Beautiful Circus Tent at 3OO sterling.

Pleasures Circus Lion 3OO Sterling. Circus Clown, 12O sterling. Dazzling Gold Pirouette, 14O Sterling. America's Apple 12O Sterling. Silver Artichoke, 175 Sterling. Gilded Sphinx 12O sterling.

That should give you an idea. Euro was, if I remember correctly, 152 to the pound.

Hope this helps.

Jacqueline

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 04:51 AM

Re my last message. Think I have made a mistake with the euro. Ignore PLEASe until you have checked it out!

Jacqueline

#8 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 05:50 PM

US exchange rates today:

Pound: 1.5611
Euro: .98180

#9 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 03:04 AM

Hi again !
Maybe I have some more interesting tips for your trip to paris.
At the weekend you can find there a lot of nice fleamarkets and maybe you can find there some older solids. But even when you don't find something its very funny to look at.

The biggest one is the Marche aux Puces de St.Quen at Porte de Clignancourt. Its open saturday to monday 7:00 - 18:00 h. Its like a little town and you can go there by "le metro " underground train.

The other one is Marche de la Porte de Vanves at Port de Vanves. Open saturday to monday 7:00 bis 19:00 h.
This market I don't visit at my trip to paris in
1996 but maybe you can.

I love fleamarkets and you can find more informations about fleamarkets in europe in the www.
The best is to use google.

Have fun !!!

Michaela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users