Ooooh, they sound good, Martha!! Would LOVE to see them! biggrin.gif

Yes, Alison please confirm!!

#32 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:32 PM

Trust you to think of the Fig Leaf Sandra! And what's all this about bananas! Was it jewel encrusted too? Nancy I think your friend is having you on!

As for new solids, I believe Harrods will be having a few in but not sure exactly what..... ? Don't they normally have new ones in time for Mothers Day here in the U.K? Nancy and Maggie, you might have the answer to that.

wink.gif

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:41 PM

laugh.gif Jacky - I can't remember specifying 'fig leaf' but was thinking along the lines of the season "fall" (autumn) where all the leaves fall off the tree (obviously) . . . . I think someone mentioned the "Fall solids" somewhere amongst the postings . . . rolleyes.gif

Gees, can you keep up?? tongue.gif

#34 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:32 PM

Jacky,

biggrin.gif I didn't mean to start a banana rumor!! What I meant was that I wanted EL to design and make an encrusted one.

Going bananas in Hotlanta,
Linda

#35 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

I beleive Alison mentioned a Blue high heeled boot for this year. And I only know what I was told about the Banana. Harrods did do the really exclusive solids!

#36 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:32 PM

Nancy, stop driving us all bananas! laugh.gif You will definitely have to find out about this banana! Actually, Linda, a jewel encrusted banana would be great. I can just imagine it but where would the perfume be?

Waiting to see what ideas you come up with! rolleyes.gif Think we can forget about the leaf Sandra! blink.gif

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:01 PM

Jacky, I think if you peel the banana, that's where the perfume could be!! laugh.gif

As for the leaf . . . . well again it doesn't matter if the green turns brown later on - it could be considered a 'seasonal thing'!! biggrin.gif

(unlike the darn Slot Machine, which I've gone RIGHT OFF now!). mad.gif

However if you want to forget it, consider it forgotten!! It was only a gag for Martha, anyway! wink.gif

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

OOOOOOOOOOh Sandra! How can we forget anything you say? cool.gif Would I do that to you? No! We wont forget the leaf, as long as Adam doesn't!

And peeling the banana? How are we going to do that to get to the 'perfume'?
Let's hope it's over-ripe or we will have problems!

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:56 PM

Who's Adam??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Are you having naked men thoughts again Jacky??? (tsk, tsk!!, I didn't think your husband's name was 'Adam'!) laugh.gif laugh.gif

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

ph34r.gif Oh-oh! I think I'm dead now! blink.gif

#41 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:11 AM

Going back to the Old Testament, Sandra, maybe ONE of them was! cool.gif

Now getting back to Bananas, I just had one for breakfast. It was not jewel encrusted, thank goodness. Dental fees are quite exhorbitant here! rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I think a Jewel Encrusted Banana would be fantastic! I have the Pear and the Peach, so..................? O.K. How about a crimson encrusted Plum, and (no pun)!

wink.gif

#42 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:16 PM

Jacky,

Harrod's could peel the banana in the same clever way the door opened to the Telephone Booth. There will be two layers. You lift the peel to expose the fruit and then lift the fruit to get to the solid. Similar to a banana split. tongue.gif

#43 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 10:31 AM

That really sounds good Martha! Took me a while to visualise, but it could work! Not so simple to manufacture though, but would love to see this put into practice.

Dare we hold our breath!

wink.gif

#44 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

Hmmm. I can visualize a bannana split with ice cream and toppings! rolleyes.gif

#45 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

Eek!! I just had a thought that the banana skin could turn brown and then black if it were 'true to life' !! A scary but not implausible thought, considering the changeable colours of previous solids . . . . so I guess that would be another one that I wouldn't be buying!! dry.gif

Now a bunch of green grapes would also be nice, but then again, we'd have to hope that the green grapes didn't turn brown!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

EL - how do you counterpunch that? blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users