• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:45 PM

That's excellent Barb - good detective work!! However, if you miss out, I'm SURE there will be other mermaids appearing throughout the year . . . . remember, "good things come to those who wait" . . . .

#17 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:03 PM

Thank you Debi for the tip. I already emailed the seller. biggrin.gif

Hi KK--will let you know what happens. cool.gif

#18 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:08 PM

Hi Barb !

Here is another nice french website

Parfumanie

with a lot of solid perfumes for sale. They have a mermaid too. You must ask the seller if it's still available because Laurence updates not very often. She is a very nice person and speaks english well. Bought a birdhouse from her and it was a nice and easy transaction and the parcel very well packed.

Good Luck !

Michaela

#19 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:19 PM

Thank you, Michaela. Will take a look! wink.gif

#20 Angelina

Angelina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:54 PM

Hi Barb,

I have the Mermaid solid and have to say that it is one of my favorites........it actually goes well with my Shimmering Oasis solid (Palm Tree) which is beautiful also! I wish you luck with your ongoing search for the Mermaid and do hope that you are able to get it from the seller on Ebay. I know exactly how you feel regarding the SolidPerfumeSingapore bidder who outbids you in the remaining few seconds of the auction. If I had a nickel for everytime she/he has outbid me in the last split second, I would be a rich woman by now! I have a feeling that this person is buying under one ebay id and selling under another one because he/she has bought duplicates of many solids. Even when the auction says "will send to US only," she/he still bids and apparently has an address over here. That is what I found out when I was outbid for an auction that stated "US only" and the seller told me that the Singapore bidder had provided a US address, so there is no winning with this Singapore bidder out there. I have been so disgusted at times being continually outbid by this person, that I have almost given up Ebay. If this person was a collector and just acquiring pieces for his/her collection then I wouldn't mind, but when he/she keeps bidding and winning on the same solids over and over again.......then I tend to feel like this person is taking away from the collectors like you and I. This is just my opinion and I just had to say my piece about it because apparently I am not the only one that is frustrated with this Singapore bidder.

Well good luck with getting your Mermaid. When you see it in person you won't believe how beautiful it really is.

Take care,
Angelina

#21 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:21 PM

Hi Angelina:

I really appreciate your post. After losing that auction on ebay for the mermaid solid, I decided to back off ebay for awhile. I found a wonderful seller who allows layaways and has a very good reputation. So, I opted for a carousel solid instead of the mermaid because that one seems to be more rarer. The carousel comes mint in original box and the seller has graciously allowed me to do a layaway so that I can own this exquisite piece. I plan to pay off my layaway for the dragon at the end of this month, so I am happy that I lost the ebay auction when I did.

I know that in the future I will try to get a mermaid solid. I may even wait until the seller from whom I bought the dragon and carousel gets a mermaid.

I also plan to sell some Steiff bears on ebay in the near future, now that I have a paypal account and can accept credit card payments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users