19 replies to this topic

#1 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 11:33 PM

My first message! I've been holding off buying my first solid (my one and only in my collection was a gift)to make sure I decide on the right one and hopefully don't pay too much. I may be jumping in at the deep end but I really fancy the slot machine or the roulette wheel! [Roll Eyes] and both are up on eBay at the moment [Smile] Am I right in thinking they are pretty scarce? Does anyone know how much they would have sold in the shop for when they were released? Where I live there is only one shop in town that may get perfume solids in and at best they will be some of the 'full distribution' ones so my only hope is the net or the phone for anything more! I love to look at your collection, Lisa, it's a great inspiration.

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:12 AM

Fee,

Welcome! [Big Grin]
The slot machine and roulette wheel are great solids, they are only available at the Las Vegas store 1-800-201-4792, they may have the roulette wheel but not the slot machine. I believe they both retailed for $250.
This years exclusive for Las Vegas is going to be the playing cards and showgirl both gorgeous pieces. Las Vegas also carries other solids as well.

#3 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:20 PM

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the info would you have a direct number or the name of the shop as the 1800 doesn't work out of the country.
thanks!

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:37 PM

Yes, the direct # is 702-737-9011 you would be calling the Estee Lauder store located in the Forum shops at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. I speak with a woman named Rosalva. [Wink]
The fax # 702-737-5722

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:16 PM

Thanks very much for the number I spoke with Rosalva who was lovely but unfortunately as the perfume solids contain alcohol they are not able to ship them out of the country. It was worth a try. [Smile] Thanks again.

#6 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:43 PM

Fee - Are you sure about the alcohol? I thought that you could only make solid perfumes using perfume oil that does not contain alcohol.

#7 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:54 PM

Hi Again Fee – I just called EL Las Vegas and I asked why they could not ship EL solids out of the country when they do not contain alcohol. She said she thought that they did. I told her they do not. Then she said that EL Corporate said they are not allowed to ship anything flammable. [Roll Eyes] Duhhh – the solids are not flammable. But she said that was what they were told and they can’t ship them. I’d try for the one on Ebay or contact Helen via email helen@rival2000.com and she if she will get ya one.

#8 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 08:12 PM

Hi EsteeMania!
Thanks for that. I have an idea of the reserve on the roulette wheel on eBay at the moment and it's pretty high so that one is definately out. Who is Helen?

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 08:41 PM

Fee,

I will find out for you tomorrow if they have the solid in the NY store. [Confused]

#10 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 08:53 PM

Thanks very much for that, Lisa. When I got through to Las Vegas and heard they had a wheel in stock I could almost hear the jackpot going off! [Big Grin]

#11 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:05 PM

Fee,

don't you have an acquaintance or friend in the US?? L.V. store could debit the solid on your credit card and sned send the solid to them and they could easily send it to you, as private persons can send solids outside the US.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#12 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 05:16 PM

Hi Brigitte,
That's a great idea but I don't know anyone in the US to send it to. [Frown]

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 06:00 PM

Called NY today and Eleni wasn't in, she will be in on Friday and I will try again then. [Wink]

#14 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 07:01 PM

No worries! Thanks very much for that, Lisa, much appreciated. [Big Grin]

#15 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 01:37 PM

Hi Fee,

where do you live in Europe? Eventually I could have it sent with mine. Just let me know.

Have a great day

Brigitte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users