• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:08 AM

Is everyone having as bad weather as we are in Raleigh? How is it in Charlotte Martha? We have ice, snow and expecting freezing rain tonight. The roads are terrible and everything is shut down. I thought this would be a good day to play with my solids and fix up some displays. Now that I've done that I don't have a camera! sad.gif Too bad I don't have the snowman, igloo or polar bear!

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

Hello Pat,

Wilkesboro got it, too - about 6 inches of snow topped with ice. With 4-wheel drive, I came on in to work sad.gif but would rather be home doing something creative. Pat, hurry up and get your camera because you need to post more photos. Your "Dresden" one was absolutely beautiful ... very unique! We want to see more!!!

Well, more sleet on the way ..... ohmy.gif unsure.gif blink.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif

#3 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:52 PM

One of these days I will enter the digital world. I have a 35 mm but no digital. My sister-in-law just bought a really nice digital camera and that's what I used to take the dresden picture. Unfortunately the camera is back at her house and the roads are not good enough to travel on. The freezing rain is here now and there is just ice everywhere!

#4 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:19 PM

a.

#5 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:43 PM

Hi Pat,
About your photos. Do you have a scanner? If you do you can scan the photo or the negative to the computer. Then crop it and adjust the color if you need. That works great. So if you have a scanner you don't need a digicam. Beside, the scanners are less $$ wink.gif Hope that helps.

We are in a 10year drought here in the great southwest mad.gif
I can't remember what rain looks like sad.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif

You all stay warm. Tonight our low is 18 BRRRR! blink.gif

KK wub.gif

#6 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:08 PM

Up here in the northern part of the US we have had a steady reign of below 0 F temperatures (just the other day our low was around -15 F). We broke about 10 degrees yesterday - which was like a warm front kicking in for us!! You gotta love winter tongue.gif !!! Can't complain though as the past few winters have been kind.

Take care in driving everyone if you are getting some snow - it seems to be spreading across much of the central and eastern US areas.

Lori

#7 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Don and Margaret @ Jan 26 2004, 01:32 PM)
Ya'll that are getting the hard weather keep in mind that without it you wouldn't have the pretty country to live in.

This morning, as I was sliding down the toboggan run  ohmy.gif (that used to be our driveway), I remembered the above quote and to be grateful for the beautiful spring that will come.  smile.gif  Oh, forgot to mention that the reason I was sliding down the tobbagon run was because I had fallen on my tush getting the morning paper.  rolleyes.gif

The mountains will be beautiful in the spring ......... 

(Don and Margaret: Hope you know I'm just kidding biggrin.gif )

#8 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I live on Long Island, New York and this is the worse Winter I have seen in years. I am surrounded by Ice and Snow which never melted because of the freezing temperatures, yes, it actually hit 40 degrees below 0, ouch!

We are expecting at least 10 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow with more Ice. I am going out soon to stock up on the necessities as I do not want to drive in the Snow and Ice. Accidents are being reported everywhere, the roads are dangerous, and I can't wait for Spring to finally arrive!

I have my Knitting which I love doing and I think I will clean out a couple of closets.

Stay warm!
Denise

#9 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:42 AM

Well, looks like everyone will be staying home for another day. There is a nice sheet of ice over everything. Good news though - it's supposed to reach 40 tomorrow. biggrin.gif DEM you must live in west Texas. It's been many years since I've been through that part of the country but remember that once you get past Austin it does look more desert like with not many trees. Wish we had your 60 degrees and hope you get rain soon. We have a beautiful state here. Martha C. lives close to the mountains and I'm closer to the ocean and we do have a lot of trees I must admit. Lori - how do you breathe in sub zero temps without your lungs freezing? I would never make it up north.

KK we do have a scanner but I wouldn't have a clue as to how it works. It's on my husbands computer and he curses it every time he tries to use it. I think I'll try to borrow the digital camera again. Love your picture of the fan and rose.

#10 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hello Pat,

Here's another solution you might try ... when you take your 35 mm film to be developed, ask that the photos be put on a CD. You will then be able to upload them to the site. biggrin.gif

#11 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:38 PM

Martha C and Denise.......

I cannot imagine how cold it must be there. ohmy.gif I just don't see how you function at all in that kind of weather. How do you get out? How do you breathe? I would be falling on my "tush" constantly mad.gif ....which would keep me inside for sure! laugh.gif

You cannot imagine how "lovely" I look squirming around, flopping back and forth and worst of all......."trying" to act as if nothing.......absolutely nothing is wrong. My children tell me I am "Lucy" and I guess I am!! tongue.gif

Anyway everyone....please be careful in this ice and snow. I'm thinking of you from Garland Texas where it is currently 48 degrees!!

More later.....

Mimi

wub.gif

#12 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:53 PM

a.

#13 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:36 PM

Yes, little Charlie was with me and just missed being squashed ohmy.gif Falling is a very humbling experience, especially when one is lying spread eagle on the ice. First, you casually look around to see if any of the neighbors caught the show. Then, you try to gracefully get up, as if this is the most natural thing in the world. You glance around once again to reassure yourself that none of the neighbors were even out of bed! You think you're home free! Then you look at the dog, who is just sitting there with his head cocked, giving you the strangest look. And you realize you've been BUSTED! ph34r.gif

#14 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:24 PM

Martha -

After the day I've had with the Ice and Snow, reading your post gave me a much needed chuckle...

2 hours to get home from work, after chipping the ice off the car windows for 1/2 hour. Driving was like ice-skating in a car...unbelievable. Pulled into the driveway safely, got out, thought all was well, and promptly fell flat on my derriere! (sp?) So I can relate to the embarassment...looking for neighbors who may have noticed...trying to look as though I wanted to do that...and just wimpering all the way into the house. And yes, falling is extremely humbling. Be glad only Charlie saw you...he'll keep it to himself, am sure, as any best friend would do. rolleyes.gif

Hope you didn't get more than your pride injured...maybe tomorrow we can make snow angels. Supposed to get 8 to 10 more inches of the white stuff overnight.

Michele
user posted image

#15 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:21 PM

Ok everyone , the cold has now settled here. huh.gif

Yesterday it was 75 and today 32. huh.gif

Had to put a blanket around our palm trees. unsure.gif

Brrrrrrrrr in Baton Rouge.