79 replies to this topic

#61 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:20 PM

Hello to all of you members,

this topic makes me feel sad. Why do we always have to judge other peoples opinions??? This is the reason why I rarely post, but always read all the posts. I've felt uncomfortable a couple of times when I posted and then red the responses to my posts.
I would like to let you know that I'm always happy to answer any questions about solids, just feel free to contact me.
I ®really do hope this post won't cause new problems and responses.
I personally would like this topic to be ended now.
Take care and enjoy your collection
Brigitte

#62 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:13 PM

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]
GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!
My eyes are blink.gif unsure.gif rollin' around after reading!
Mark, so you are a master gardener. I love it. Please send me photos of your yard when you're finished. I love landscaping photos.
I also want to make you feel better and tell you "my story" tongue.gif
Look under solids wanted "I want I want...." If I hadn't been such a cry baby beggar, I wouldn't have the dogs or the cactus or the dollhouse or the rooster or the little charms or many other solids I purchased from my friends on this site. All purchased from the kind and generous folks on this site who answered my call.
AND QUESS WHAT! NONE OF THIS IS ANYONES BUSINESS!
KK wub.gif

#63 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:12 AM

Hi K.K.
On an uplifting note-----
Thanx for your positive remarks also- I swore not to write on these message boards anymore- but the positive support for my evil doings was refereshing.
Yes- I am a master gardener- My front yard WAS an old English garden with peppled path thro ferns,herbs and MANY flowers[no azaleas and grass seed as quoted by others?]-Plus- I don't have a landscaper- just ME- I HAD over 69 different types of trees- plants, grasses, ferns, ivys and flowers- I dug everything out and laid 3 1/2 tons of flagstone for an old english courtyard- with wrought iron gazebo in the middle- There will be dwarf thyme and mosses between the stones and a bench- We live in a drought area- so this new yard will be less expensive in the long run to water and maintain- THERFORE- I should be able to buy more perfumes!!!!!! So- I have all this paid for and needed extra cash to buy the flagstones- It is a beautiful project and I am on my 4th year of an annual garden tour for late summer as a fund raiser for a local youth group-- So- That is the method to my madness- My backyard is all cement except for potted shrubs, grapevines and the pool- so I can't do any changes there- I do have pictures if people are interested?
So- Again- Thanx all for their positive responses and support-

Mark

#64 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

WOW........... blink.gif

SOME PEOPLE HAVE WAAAAY TOOD MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS!!!

LET'S BE NICE NOW...... biggrin.gif

IT' S VERY HARD FOR ME TO SEE THE SENSE IN SUCH SNIDE UNDERHANDED COMMENTS TO EACH OTHER .......

I SECOND WHAT SANDRA SAID AND ALSO WHAT BRIGITTE SAID......

GOT TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN TOO,,,,,CAN'T STAND IT!!

I REMEMBER SOME MONTHS AGO, I STATED ON THIS SITE THAT I WAS GOING TO BE SELLING OFF MY ENTIRE COLLECTION OF ESTEE LAUDER PERFUME SOLIDS AND POWDER COMPACTS. i ACTUALLY MENTIONED THAT I HAD OVER 400 TO SELL AND I ALSO MENTIONED THAT THE DECISION WAS BASED ON THE UPCOMING EVENTS IN MY PERSONAL LIFE....MY IDENTICAL TWIN SONS WERE GETTING ENGAGED (WHICH THEY DID) AND I WOULD BE PLANNING TWO WEDDINGS THIS YEAR(WHICH I HAVE) !!! WELL, I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE VERY WELL WITH SELLING SOME OF MY COLLECTION, AS I AM STILL DOING....I HAVE MADE CONTACTS WITH MANY OF YOU GREAT PEOPLE OUT THERE IN SOLID PERFUME.COM LAND AS WELL AS ON EBAY.....AND IT ALL STARTED RIGHT HERE!
I HAVE SENT MANY OF YOU MY LISTS OF PERFUMES AND POWDERS AND SOME HAVE PURCHASED FROM ME NUMEROUS TIMES. I FEEL THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY MADE SOME (DARE I SAY) FRIENDS HERE.....

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE SHOWN INTEREST IN MY COLLECTION AND ALL WHO HAVE PURCHASED FROM ME.....I APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR TRUST......

BY THE WAY, I HAVE SEVERAL ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY AND HOPE YOU WILL TAKE A LOOK !!

I ALSO WILL BE LISTING MORE NEXT WEEK...... biggrin.gif

OH, AND, BY THE WAY, IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE FOR MAKING THIS STATEMENT...............................WHATEVER
tongue.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!! MY FIRST TWIN GETS MARRIED THIS SATURDAY (JAN.31 @ 3:00 P.M. EST. )
MY FIRST CHILD TO GET MARRIED.....WOW.....

I HAVE SOME TIME TO RECUPERATE....THE NEXT TWIN DOESN'T GET MARRIED UNTIL JULY 24 TH.........

WARM REGARDS TO ALL,

PAMELA

#65 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:32 PM

What an exciting time for you Pam - all the best . . . . hope you don't cry too many tears (of happiness, of course!!)

#66 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:49 PM

Pamela, I hope you have a wonderful wedding, two so close together, wow, what a year you will have! rolleyes.gif

Mark, my garden is a joy too. I'm not the gardener, my husband is. I am in awe though as I would have thought your climate too hot for ferns. How do you shade them? I for one would love to see your garden. What do you mean by annual garden tour? Is it what we call 'open gardens' here? People open their gardens to the public to make money for charity. Ours isn't that good, we don't have enough time. We do have a way of keeping weeds down though. We plant so many plants there's no room for the weeds to get in. Well, that's the theory, though, they still manage it! I do love the old fashioned cottage garden type plants, I love scent and colour, especially blue! My husband has to keep an eye on me at garden shows as I buy on impulse and don't check the label. Then he checks and it grows to 60 feet tall by 20 feet wide! (as in the case of one tree I bought. Well, it was in a little pot and only about 18 inches and it was one of those curly branch willows that I thought would look nice at Christmas cut and sprayed silver or gold. Problem was I didn't cut it back often enough!)
Please let us see your garden. What about before and after?

Nancy

#67 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

Hi Nancy- Yes- my yard is on display as a fundraiser for money for a local youth group- I am on the Board of Directors for this group- And by the way- I do work at a full time job- This is my weekend job to work in my yard- I did the 'so many plants that there would be no room for weeds' thing but- the weeds just grew taller-My theory with the old garden was to plant it and let it grow- since it is HOT here in the summer- this new look will be less watering and I can get away to the other house at the ocean on weekend now and then. That house just has sand for a yard- so I don't need to fuss with that one at all.
What part of Scotland are you in? I was there many years ago following a family tree line through New Milne [east coast near the Black Sea area]- I went to Inverness and back down to London- Very unusual weather patterns there!
Yes- I do have before and after pictures - the after won't be ready til the sun comes back out and the gazebo is in place-
Thanx for you lovely letter!!

Mark

#68 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:55 PM

P.S. Nancy- the ferns seem to thrive in our 112 degree blink.gif summers easier than the other plants- They propagate very well and are the only survivors and transplants into the new garden for borders. I ought to ship you some huh wink.gif ??

M

#69 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:22 PM

Hi Pamela,
It's good to see your post. Wow, you have been busy. Congratulations on your twins weddings.
And I'm pleased you are doing well selling your collection. You have top notch pieces.
Well, get some rest and come back soon. We miss you.
KK wub.gif

#70 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:26 PM

Hi Mark, your garden sounds FABULOUS!
I would be honored to see the photos. Please send them my way.
Contact me and I'll send you my e~address.
Happy to see your chat biggrin.gif
KK wub.gif

#71 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:59 PM

Hi KK-
I only have before pictures to share so far- it will be a good month before the after will be ready and maybe even mid summer before the gazebo gets covered with what ever I decide to plant to grow on it- It is wonderful and peaceful- my winter birds enjoy the 4 feeders I have out there so far and the miniature citrus that border it are ripe for picking also-
I don't know how to email you or to get your email address? I am not really familiar how to work a lot of this site? sad.gif I am a teacher- but not for computers!!
Sorry
M

#72 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

We have ferns( Boston ferns) here that are like weeds. They come up everywhere.

You don't dare throw anything green on the ground , by morning it will have taken root and covered the house. biggrin.gif

Ann

#73 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the well wishes Sandra, Nancy and KK !!

I will check back next week when i have more time.....after getting the first one
married off!!!

Should be fun but I am really going to try and keep the tears under check.....don't want to spoil the makeup!!!

Thanks again ladies!!

Warm Regards,
Pamela a/k/a luscious biggrin.gif

#74 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:29 AM

Pamela,

Best of luck to you your son and new daughter-in-law!!
biggrin.gif

#75 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:45 AM

]HI PAMELA,

COMPUTER BACK SO AM JUST GOING TO SAY, CONGRATULATIONS AND MY VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Jacky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users