79 replies to this topic

#46 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:53 PM

Hi Lori --- Hi Mark ---

Lori - Don't worry about "offending" anyone. If anything, I "offended" Mark unintentionally by putting in this sentence...
I'd rather bid HIGH from someone I know than bid LOW and get junk from someone I don't know.
Anyone reading that without knowing what I was talking about would think I was referring to you as selling junk, which I was not doing, and I apologize if it was taken out of context. All I meant by that entire paragraph was how I bid on an item and how I make a decision on whose item to bid on. It had nothing to do with you, Mark...really. Notice I addressed the post to "Hi All"....

Barb - I wish you luck with your Singapore sellers. I've never dealt with them, but have never heard anything negative, either. And you don't pay any customs tax. We do not have a VAT here, so not to worry.

Mark...Lori...You are not "offending" anyone. You can say what you want, whenever you want and Mark, please accept my apology for being "offensive" to you without meaning to...

And once again, good luck with your auction! smile.gif

Michele

ps...my dandelions are very, very pretty! cool.gif

#47 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

Mark,

Please don't be hesitant to offer your opinions, this is what this site is for. It is also available for everyone to express his or her opinions- that's the beauty of it! cool.gif

IMHO if someone is asking or looking for a particular solid I see no reason for a heads up on a auction. Not everyone will agree with me, not everyone will agree with you but that's what all makes us different!

Good luck with the landscaping! wink.gif

#48 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:15 PM

Mark
I would not worry about it. I have had solids in the past to sell that were doubles and contacted people that I knew to see if they were interested. They can only say yes or no.

#49 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:08 PM

Thanx all for your responses- I will end my discussion of this topic by saying- we all have our wants and loves- We all have passions and if my items were junk or inferior- I would not have notified 2 wonderful and passionate collectors about these items- I would have slid them into ebay and tried to get the most for shabby inferior perfumes-
I do not get offended easily but this one struck a nerve with me- Anyway- NO hard feelings held to Michele- BUT- I will be more careful in the future about my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace - Love and prosperity to all for 2004 and beyond

MARK

#50 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:54 PM

Wow!! Couldn't help but add my two cents worth in on a controversial topic . . .

Have to think that Mark was OK in contacting a member who was after a solid seeing that they DID request one he had for sale. Sometimes people aren't so 'up-to-date' on Ebay and even prefer NOT to buy things on Ebay if there is a seller on this site who is kosha.

I know a few people who won't buy on Ebay due to dodgy sellers, so Michelle, if there is a request for a solid on this site by a new member, I can't see the problem with a seller telling them they have one on Ebay now, so that they KNOW WHO THE SELLER IS!!

Also, just because your method of finding things on line is excellent, other people don't have the same skills, time or energy as you do in finding something and that's why the site is here - for others to help.

As I see it, this site provides an alternative to buying on Ebay . . . . if Mark doesn't happen to sell it, then at least 2cute4u will have a chance at knowing who the seller is and offering to buy it off Ebay . . . . and yes, that person can say yes or no to Mark - he isn't forcing anyone to bid!

There's really no need for explanations of selling Mark, and it seems like you got yourself in hot water for doing so. What we should be saying is that we respect your right to sell for whatever reason and commenting no further. It IS each and every person's own business what they spend their money on, after all!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add the obligatory 'no hard feelings or offence meant'.

#51 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:04 AM

PS. Barb, don't worry about causing a stir . . . . this happens from time to time . . . .some members actually enjoy it . . . . gets everything out in the open . . . or, keeps people's mouth shut in the future . . . . either way, feel free to write what you think and be willing to share (you can see others do!).

As an afterthought, maybe 'naming names' could be avoided in the future . . . it has seemed to cause a bit of a sensation twice this year already!!

#52 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:06 AM

PPS. Michele, sorry to say that the sentence you quoted was probably not the only offensive one to Mark . . . .

#53 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:38 AM

Hi all,

It just amazes me how "some" people judge others, don't they have anything better to do with their time? blink.gif

Mark, I am also making improvements to my home which is my FIRST priority as I love my house with a passion. I will also be adding Flagstone as I am not one to sprinkle Grass Seeds either........ Ha, ha, ha!

I do not post my thoughts very often because of the same offending comments you received, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I read these postings, thus I just had to add my thoughts.

The world has enough problems right now, I don't understand why "certain" people have to cause more, let's be peaceful and kind to each other.

Denise

#54 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:55 AM

Lisa - I have no problem with members sending fellow members to eBay for an item they have listed. Why don't you just put a link to our auctions like they do on eBay's community board?

Mark - You saw 2 people put in requests for solids...the Dragon and the Slot Machine. You did not contact them first...you quickly put them both on eBay and THEN contacted them. I would have contacted them first and offered them at the price I wanted. If it didn't work out, then I'd have put them on eBay.

Sandra - You don't have the entire story, but what you're trying to do is sweet, really.

Denise - Wow! You're just incredible.

Michele

#55 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:15 AM

[B] rolleyes.gif

Well we all seem to be getting our fair share of being offended!

Meanwhile, I do appreciate when members contact me, as they have done in the past, re solids they will be posting on ebay. I am also happy when I receive requests from Collector friends regarding anything which they are looking for. Many of the people on this site our known to us, and as such, I would always want to give them top priority if I have something special to offer. In some instances I know they would fetch a higher price elsewhere, but sometimes my relationship with Collector 'friends' takes precedence.

So Mark, if you have a roulette wheel or the buddha necklace and do not want the hassle of posting on Ebay, or are going to post on ebay, please feel free to contact me at anytime. Even for other solids which you are thinking of selling.

I have some which I have not put on the board (mainly through laziness on my part), but if I catch that someone on the site is looking for one of mine, I will have no hesitation in contacting them! They have a choice to say yes or no!

Please do not stop what you have been doing. You are a comparatively new member and too many people are not posting (for whatever reason), so PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO SO!

IF WE ALL STOP POSTING THERE WON'T BE ANY SITE and that would be a great loss to us all!

sad.gif

#56 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:01 PM

Just to let folks know, we deleted two posts from this thread this morning.

While everyone is free to discuss pretty much anything they wish on this board, there is a limit. Lisa and I both felt that the posts were something best left off the board.

#57 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:23 PM

a.

#58 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:20 PM

Wow! ohmy.gif I didn't think I'd been away for long but what a lot of activity.
Our fathers and grandfathers fought for freedom of speech so Mark and anyone else who shys away from posting please think about that. Just look at how 'lively' it's been laugh.gif 2 cute is new and I remember when I came to this site - I knew practically nothing. I must admit that sometimes I'd see a post about a solid on ebay and a link and that was the first I knew of it. Who's to say that the person posting that link wasn't the seller. Mark was honest enough to say he was selling certain solids and could have hidden behind an ebay name. It's good to know who you are buying from I think. Maybe Mark'll post a picture of his garden when it's done.

Nancy

#59 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:27 PM

As a postscript I'm jealous that you don't pay tax for solids from abroad. Lucky you. We get charged VAT at 17.5% Some sellers will say the item is cheaper than you paid but others won't. If they paid tax why should we pay again.
Oops! Hope there are no tax collectors out there! unsure.gif

Nancy

#60 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:43 PM

I guess this topic has brought out something in all of us . . . .

Michele, if there are stories to the story that we're reading then maybe you should spit it out BEFORE you get replies similar to mine . . . how are the members supposed to know that there are undercurrents to what we're reading and things aren't all 'above board' as you say?

It's also a bit harsh on Mark to comment the way you have. I don't know him personally, so am speaking objectively. There's no need for nastiness . . . . if he has done you a wrong, then speak to him privately about it.

I do remember a post a while back with a member commenting how 'strange/uncanny' it was that when members discussed solids they wanted, they magically appeared on Ebay. . . and we were all pointed to them by who???

Then of course there was a mad rush /war to get them and the prices were high . . . .

If people want to get the 'best price' for their solids, then so be it. On Ebay you get to leave comments and have to declare your goods for what they are. I still see NO problem with what Mark has done. You think it underhanded? Well MANY people do it. The buyers aren't forced to buy.

You have done the right thing by telling the new members that prices on Ebay are high at the moment and that if they wait they MAY get a better deal. That's also plenty said to void any sales that might have been made by Mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users