#31 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

Hi Barb from So Cal, WELCOME aboard! laugh.gif
You fit right in and will LOVE IT here. wub.gif
Sounds like you are off to a great start with your choice of solids. I've purchased several from the for sale page and from some of the members on this site. They are all very friendly and easy to work with. rolleyes.gif cool.gif Love your "woof" avatar.
Bye, KK wub.gif

#32 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:12 AM

Welcome 2 Cute. Glad to have you aboard. I appreciate your info on Off 5th Ave Saks. I would have never thought of looking for solids there. We have one close by so I immediately had to go and see if they had solids. They didn't. sad.gif Their store is not so large and their fragrance counter was very small. I did see some Judith Leiber handbags however. They were gorgeous. Hope you enjoy this board as much as we all do. smile.gif

#33 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 11:31 AM

a.

#34 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 12:48 PM

Barb, welcome to the site. biggrin.gif Good luck in your search for a Slot Machine and hope you get all of your Vegas pieces.

#35 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:08 PM

You guys and gals on this chat board are terrific! Thank you for your welcomes and encouragement. I already got an email from Mark telling me that he has a slot machine listed on ebay. Will go check that out! And maybe just might have to put in a bid or two. tongue.gif

#36 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 04:40 PM

Hi Barb from So. Cal. -

Welcome to the best little web site on the Internet!

That was very nice of our new member Mark to refer you to his eBay site! You can also check out the "For Sale" tab on the top of the boards and occasionally you get lucky...at a reasonable price!

Mark...that was so thoughtful of you. I would never have thought to take the initiative to direct anyone to my eBay link....especially a brand new member. What a guy! blink.gif

Barb...once again, a sincere welcome and good luck with your search for the Slot Machine! smile.gif

Helpful Hint (which possibly Mark forgot to mention) - Right now prices on eBay are at an all time high, which is GREAT for sellers, God bless our hearts. However, after Easter and right through the summer, prices will really drop. Can you hang on??

Michele
user posted image

#37 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 09:32 PM

Hi All- especially Michele-

As I emailed a few new people looking for the dragon and the slot- I am trying to download 2 of my prize possessions to put in a new front yard- 3 tons of flagstone cost about the worth of these 2 perfumes- Priorities ya know!! I want someone to appreciate theses and rather have someone from this site to have 1st tries at them- I read these boards daily and learn a lot from them- I don't often respond tho- You all are a dedicated number of collectors ! Like a big fun family!
Thanx all for your great comments!!
Mark

#38 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:00 AM

Hi Mark, some people have asked me why I collect these solids as they are 'not useful' you have proved that wrong. wink.gif wink.gif
Don't know if a new front yard would give as much pleasure but I do understand why you are parting with your treasures. (Especially at this time of year!) rolleyes.gif That's why I chose to write this in red!

Nancy

#39 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:52 AM

Hi Nancy- I am sure I will get a few scowls and frowns for trying to release a few of my prized collection. I have a large collection of over 75- And my new front yard takes presidence, these are tough times financially for many sad.gif and I had to make a choice as to what to do. I offered these 2 prize items to a few friends and they too couldn't afford them- So- I will give the world a chance- I have loved and cherished them since I bought them- why not share that joy? If I don't sell them- I will figure another way to pay for my front yard! Thanx for your positve response.

Mark

#40 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 12:08 PM

Hi All -

I don't have a problem with "parting" with treasures via eBay for ANY reason, especially a financial bind, although a front yard is not a priority with me. I'd just have a landscaper throw down some grass seed and stick in a few azalea's...but that's me! Selling on eBay or anywhere else is a personal choice, and I do it from time to time also. Guess what bothers me is thinking of the possibility of someone "using" this site as a way of privately contacting new members (who are looking for a particular solid...and think this is normal) to bid on their items.

If something is "out there" that we want, we'll find it! Trust me...I've been in "Retail Therapy" for a few weeks now and spent way too much on solids that should have been lower. However, I know the sellers and know that what I receive will truly be the BEST. So...I'd rather bid HIGH from someone I know than bid LOW and get junk from someone I don't know...PLUS...No one had to send me a "private email" to find the items!

So Mark, I do understand your reason for selling your solids; I just can't agree with your method. That's all. Again, it's a personal choice...

Good luck! rolleyes.gif

Speaking of "Retail Therapy"....this is Neiman's "LAST CALL" weekend, so get out there and shop, people! laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm headed there very soon!

Have a beatiful Sunday! smile.gif

Wow, Jack...Is there a limit to how many times one edit's a post?? laugh.gif

Michele user posted image

#41 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:59 PM

Well- I guess I got told by Michele- I am sorry I contacted any one about my items that they had posted requests for on this board. I am sorry I OFFENDED anyone by trying to sell any part of my collection.
I am a master gardener and my yard isn't just splattered with grass seed and or azalea's. I take pride in all my accomplishments, ventures , collections and my home and apparently I have posted to many times on this subject also- So- You probably won't hear from me anymore on any subject- I didn't think I was over stepping any boundaries by contacting someone on this site for my sale items- After all they were requesting this information.
Again- I am sorry I offended anyone by selling my items or how I offered them to inquiring buyers!!!!!!!!!!

M

#42 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:12 PM

Mark -

For the record...it was not meant to offend you. However, speaking of offending people...I'll have you know my yard is not "splattered" with grass and azalea's...I happen to have a lot of lovely weeds and dandelions, too! So there! mad.gif

Michele blink.gif

#43 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hi Mark

Please reconsider your statement about not posting your thoughts to the site as they are welcome! This is a great forum for all members to share their thoughts and would hate to see you giving up on the site! There will be differing opinions on many topic and issues (some more vocal about them then others), and you should feel free to express them.

At first I was hesitent to post this entry I am writing right now, thinking that I may write something that may offend, but then thought, based on a previous member's posting, we are here to share, not to judge. And based on that thought (sharing my throughts rather than judging those made by others), my thought is that if someone was inquiring about a particular solid they had desired via a post on this site, I think that it was ok for you to contact that person to let them know that you had what they were looking for. I know that if I had posted such a request I would have appreciated the contact made by you. Others may feel differently, but that is my thought on the matter.

I contacted a member regarding a compact they were selling (opposite of the situation here) shortly after I first joined, (it was not one that was being sold on ebay), and from the correspondence we have had it did not seem that this person was offended in any way, and have actually purchased from this person again since (please note, again, not by cheating ebay out of a sale as these were not posted on ebay - had to add the disclaimer here).

And Mark, I am sure your yard will look wonderful when you are through biggrin.gif biggrin.gif !!

Lori

#44 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:37 PM

Thank You Lori for your view- Again- I didn't think I was stepping on toes by emailing those inquiring minds with the 2 perfumes I listed. - And as for my yard- When it comes to selling or to refinance my home- A beautiful yard will sell it or appraise it more than the number of perfumes I have on display in my cupboard- Not that I should have to justify my ways-
Like I have stated- I enjoy the cantor and talk done on this site- and have learned a few things- now I know what to say and what NOT to say on each posting-

M

#45 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:56 PM

Just to clarify...I did post under the "Solids Wanted" chat category. I did ask to be contacted.
I did not want to cause any problems and my sincerest apologizes to those who have been upset or offended in any way as a result of my solids wanted post.

I guess that I am too new to this collectibles market to bid on ebay. I am also beginning to feel that I am also at a disadvantage regarding buying solids from secondary sellers. I never realized that there were so many things to consider when purchasing a solid---the color variations (as in the slot machine); the Vegas gold box packaging or the original packaging with an outer box; perfume discoloration and/or shrinkage; and just basically the integrity of sellers to disclose such pertinent information.

I am sitting here holding my breath as I purchased a silver cowboy hat described to me by the seller as mint in original packaging (outer box, etc.). It is coming from Singapore. I am now concerned about my purchase and the customs tax as well. I have received emails from the seller(s) and feel that they are legit. However, as I learned with Steiff...what is MIB to one person, is not the same to another.

Again...apologizes for having caused a stir on the boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users