Lisa keeps saying she wants a Jester . laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Ann

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:28 PM

I think Lisa wanting a jester has made a few people want that one too!!

And how come it seems that everyone is after the same ones I want?? dry.gif

#18 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:42 PM

I know what everyone means about the prices being high. As some of you know I have been without a computer for quite a while. I really couldn't bid on ebay as I wasn't sure when I'd get on to check my bid and I like to contact the seller as soon as possible after the sale so that was a problem too. I only managed to buy if it was one I could buy outright. Now I'm back in the game they are going so high I get pipped at the post! sad.gif
Oh well, maybe in May at the IPBA eh? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
On the subject of computers poor Jacky is now having problems and may need a new one. Perhaps we overworked them. laugh.gif

Nancy

#19 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:12 PM

I think Jacky's problem is that she thinks too fast for her computer - it couldn't keep up, and now has to have a 'holiday' to get over the stress!!

(I won't be expecting a comeback in a hurry, Jacky !! I do miss the banter with you . . . . chuck that dinasaur of a laptop out and get an iMac!!) laugh.gif

#20 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:03 PM

I am very new to the Estee Lauder perfume collectibles market. I only have 5 pieces--the unicorn, Pegasus, the bustier, the shimmering palm, the fruit cake or tray? (neiman marcus one) and the Jay Stongwater bird. biggrin.gif

I recently bought the silver cowboy hat and have a dragon on layaway. I am sure that I paid too much for the pieces, but I really like them. I just hope that the sellers are scrupulous. Both sell on a site called Ruby Lane and I emailed the customer service person and was assured that sellers are scrupulous.
I know that one of those sellers also lists perfume solids on ebay--did not see any problems listed in the comments section, so hopefully, I won't get taken. (Crossing my fingers). smile.gif

I was lucky to get all pieces except for the cowboy hat and dragon at the issue price. I even acquired the unicorn at a dicounted price. I live in Orange, CA. There is an Off 5th store near to me where they sell Sak's 5th Ave items for 30-50% off retail. The Estee Lauder counter there has a lot of the perfume compacts and powder compacts for incredible prices--my unicorn was $60. When I shared this information with the Estee Lauder people in Nordstrom's Sak's and in Las Vegas, I was told that these compacts can be sold at such a discount because they are no longer in production.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks and I'm glad that I found this board.

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

biggrin.gif I think you are really fortunate, and lucky in finding older pieces for good prices. Even if you did pay 'too much' for a hard to get solid, it will reap its rewards for you in the future.

Good on you for being so honest and open with what you paid and where you got it from . . . I'm sure some members (like myself) wish we lived near discount stores etc just to get a few bargains and didn't have to rely on Ebay to get things from.

This IS a fantastic site to be on - you'll find wonderful people here to share information with . . . welcome to "the club".

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:35 PM

Welcome. Looks like you are off to a good start. biggrin.gif

If you will look under the tab at the top marked Store Locations you will find( scroll down)the CC stores in Cal. that sell solids at a discount.

When dealing with Ebay you just have to ask questions , read feedbacks and keep your fingers crossed.

Ann & Ken

#23 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:35 PM

2cute
I know a seller from Ruby Lane from Calif. She is fine to deal with. There is one in Florida and from what I know she also is ok to deal with. So if you bought from either of them I think you can rest easy.

#24 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]I know everyone is concerned about ebay sellers being reliable but how about buyers? I just had an auction close for way more than I expected and am now nervous about the buyer Lainey

#25 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:13 PM

YUP. Buyers can also be difficult to deal with and I know a few sellers that have been burned by buyers. It's a shame that there are so many things to worry about when using the internet to buy and sell. sad.gif

#26 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

Hello 2cute, welcome to our home away from home! smile.gif

#27 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Jan 22 2004, 09:24 PM)
Hello 2cute, welcome to our home away from home! smile.gif

Hi Lisa. Thank you! I've had a delightful first day of reading posts, replying to posts and getting to know some of the members of the chat board. biggrin.gif

I fell in love with the Estee Lauder solids ( I also have a few of the powder compacts) when I bought Pegasus a few years ago at Macy's. Then I discovered the Estee Lauder store in the Caesar's Palace Forum shops and it is now a must visit place everytime I go to Vegas. laugh.gif

I have a little shelf that now holds 6 of the solids. I have two more coming--I hope that they will all fit on that little shelf. If not, then I'll need another shelf and more solids! wink.gif

#28 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:19 PM

Welcome 2 cute, I guess you will have read a bit more by now and realise that your shelf will soon need to be replaced by 14 cabinets and twenty shelves!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Seriously, we all start off with one and end up with a collection which costs a fortune but we need just one more - the next one!

Nancy

#29 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:57 PM

YUP. I think you are 100% correct, Nancy! I am trying sooooooo hard to be selective with my pieces. After 4, I said "no more than 5." After 5 it was "no more than 6." Then I saw the Magic Dragon--had to have him to go with my other magical/mystical animals--the unicorn and Pegasus. rolleyes.gif

Then, I had to get the silver cowboy hat because my husband is from Texas and a Dallas Cowboy fan. LOL

The others I just acquired by accident--I liked them so I bought them.

YUP! I'm hooked. Hmmmmmmm...maybe I should start looking for another shelf. dry.gif

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 01:22 AM

Lainey, don't be nervous!! You are in the box seat with plenty of buyers to choose from, it seems. You are able to leave feedback for the buyer as well. If you are so nervous, then let them pay via Paypal so the money is immediate. Ensure or register the package just to make sure.

There now, what's to worry about? Read the buyers feedback . . . is that making you nervous??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users