• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

Ya'll are making it hard to wait to get my hands on these little darlings. biggrin.gif

My liking a solid always depends on how well I can use it in a display which really isnt fair.
I liked the bustier untill I tried to fit it in with the rest.

I want to do something different with the lighthouse and have some ideas but will not know until I try if it will work.

Ann

#32 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:29 PM

So...Ok...The Lighthouse is still my favorite...I do think the base has a Strongwater element to it...add the baguette cut crystals and you have a stunner!

user posted image user posted image

The Pilot is stopping for a burger:

user posted image

Not as great as Woody's, but super-fast!

Michele user posted image

#33 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:41 PM

Thanks Woody!! It was good of you to send the photos! I like them both.....but I think that I really like the River Boat! It's hard to say without seeing them "in person". Michele, I just saw yours and they are wonderful also. Thanks to both of you.

Best

Mimi

#34 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:45 PM

MIMI:

YOU'RE SO
PINK!YOU DID IT! WAY TO GO! smile.gif biggrin.gif

MICHELE

#35 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:48 PM

I do believe Woody's goal posts on his Riverboat are straighter than mine. Here we go again...

Michele

#36 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:05 AM

smile.gif Loved ALL the postings of the new solids!

Don't know what took you so long Michele?!

Many thanks Woody for getting the show on the road..........and to you both for the great pictures. Next time hope you will all go 'full steam ahead!'

All the pictures were really good including the water effect!!

smile.gif

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:18 AM

smile.gif Is the red part of the Lighthouse enamel or baguettes? If it is baguettes, then it would appeal to me more than the red enamelling!

I am not enamoured with either of these solids, but will reserve judgment until I too can see them in person!

smile.gif

#38 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:01 AM

Hi Jacky -

The red "stones" are crystal baguettes, as are the windows...light blue. The top is red enamel. The base has teensy crystal specks all over it...looks like rock with moss on it plus it glitters. Lovely.

It took me so long because I logged off right away, assuming Ann & Ken were doing their thing with their new toys. We do eat once in a while...but later than most (around 7 or 7:30 p.m.). So....I didn't log back on until after 9 p.m.

Hope this helps...I'm still not sure what to do.

Michele dry.gif

#39 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:02 AM

Note: If E.L. made lots of these, we will be seeing them in the CCS stores, for sure.

#40 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

Woody your pictures came out very nice. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I like the Lighthouse but I don't care for the grass. I order the Lighthouse so hopefully I will like it better in person.

So far I like the Bustier is my favorite of the 2004 solids. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Barb

#41 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Jan 13 2004, 09:16 PM)
Must be a lot of activity on the board...I just tried to post a few moments ago, and I received a message that "flood control" was on...

Flood control was a setting that required a delay of at least 30 seconds between posts. It has now been eliminated, no delay is required. Thanks for letting me know it tripped!

#42 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:46 AM

Michele,
I'm still getting use to the location of the page numbers. I just saw your photos they are great. Thanks for the photo with both of the solids together. The steamboat does look a bit short.

Barb

#43 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:13 PM

Woody, Michelle Thanks for putting your pictures up. Everyone was very intersted from number of posts.

#44 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:52 PM

These are mighty nice solids. I like the lighthouse the best.

I agree that the steamboat needs to be longer. The ones in New Orleans look a little different. I bought a steamboat pencil sharpener from Stuckeys a few years ago and the deminsions are better.

#45 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:52 PM

I have to agree with Barb...the Bustier is the best so far in 2004.

Ron - You're very welcome...thanks for mentioning it. Wish I had been here when everyone else was "on board" (get it? "on board?" laugh.gif ). Doesn't take much for this group to turn into a mob scene, does it? Wow!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif Thanks so much to Woody for his great, timely photo's. Love 'em!

Michele user posted image

So I said to my special guy..."Honey, I think I better put the car in the garage. It's really snowing out there." HINT! And he replied..."Better wear a warm coat...it's a long walk and it's really coming down hard." D&*#....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users