• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

Lisa, thanks for the pictures. I love the lighthouse and the riverboat. Does anyone know what fragrances they contain?
Pat

#17 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

I may have to join Sandra in the firing line. unsure.gif

Ann

#18 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:01 PM

biggrin.gif I am very impressed with both actually. They are well detailed and have some weight - really look and feel like substantail pieces. The pics are ok - but I think everyone will be more impressed when they see them in person. I wonder who designed them?

#19 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

huh.gif Thanks Ann for being my buddy in this!! I wondered where you (and Ken)had got to - thought you were on holidays or something!!

And Woody, I think you are right - the pieces are always MUCH better in real life. Looking forward to seeing them myself one day.

#20 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

The Lighthouse is Beautiful and the Mississippe Steamboat is Pleasures.

Must be a lot of activity on the board...I just tried to post a few moments ago, and I received a message that "flood control" was on......the boat has water to float on! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:06 PM

Woody- I have been asking but it is a state secret .

My guess is they are using up the old designs before Leiber gets her stuff going. These two solids have been on the board for a long time. Victoria Co. will still be making them .

I am sure I will love them when I get them. I am just sore I don't have mine. biggrin.gif

Ann

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:09 PM

Ron- I thought you liked my cutesy little pictures. wink.gif

Ann

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

laugh.gif Cheers, Woody!!

You ought to know by now that when there's a pic, there's surely a stream of posts to follow!! laugh.gif

People just get so darn excited!! blink.gif

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

Sandra- We have been right here posting away. Can't think of a time I have been quite for long. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And now I have new toys to play with. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif

Ann

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:16 PM

Oh - I must have been missing them . . . . maybe I'm just subconsciously looking for the pics!!

Apologies - This must be the first time we are both logged on at the same time then! So hello, and Happy New Year to you!! (belated, I know)

#26 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:25 PM

Hello to you also.

We need to arrange to do a live chat on here someday. That would be a lot of fun and very interesting. biggrin.gif

Ann

#27 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:31 PM

Ok...Opinion, like it or not: The Lighthouse is still my favorite, although my guy pointed out it's out of proportion (IHHO); e.g., the base is too large for the Lighthouse as such...he thinks the Lighthouse should be taller or the base should be smaller. Picky, picky, picky. dry.gif

On the other hand, he LOVES the Riverboat/Steamboat. My verdict is still out on that. Yes, Ann, you're probably right. I've got my steamboats and riverboats mixed up...still don't like the goal posts. Ok..they're probably smokestacks, but nevertheless.... blink.gif

It does indeed resemble the Trolley...I think it's the way the stones are set on the first level. Still debating what to do....

However, the Lighthouse is super.

Lisa....LOVE the pics. I'm going to try a shot and see what I come up with...but it won't be near as clear as yours, or as creative as Ann & Ken's. Give me a minute or 2... user posted image

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:33 PM

Now THAT would be fun, Ann . . . . you'd definitely know where everyone was from because of the accents!!!

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

I think Michele and I posted at the same time. So, I agree with your man, Michele - the lighthouse does SEEM out of proportion . . . .

So that's another to join Ann & I in the firing squad . . . . perhaps there are more to even things up around here!

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:40 PM

Oh Lord...don't let this get too opinionated. (Is that a word?) At least 2 of us will get into a heated discussion and it will go downhill from there...again! rolleyes.gif

Ok...I now have no idea which I like more...or if I like either. Neither of them hit me like the Bustier, for sure! laugh.gif

Must work on a picture.... ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users