Allowing People To Email You
Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:50 AM
1. Go to "My Controls" in the bar near the top.
2. Go to "Email Settings" in the "Options" part.
3. Uncheck the box that says "Hide my email address from other members"
4. Click the "Amend my settings" button at the bottom of that page.
(Don't worry, your email address will still be hidden, but people can email you through the board.)
Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:23 PM
When I receive messages from the board, I have to log into the site to read them. With the old system I am sure messages would be conveyed to my own computer screen? I really cannot think straight tonight, but I am sure there was a direct way of sending from the site to my personal computer???
Over to you!
Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:30 PM
Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:14 PM
The old board only had one way, it was a private message and it basically sent you a message that you could log on and read and reply to on the board. It also emailed you the message if you had it set to notify you when a new message came in.
The new board allows you to do two things:
1. PM (Personal Message) - sends another member a message which can only be read and replied to on the board. These messages may contain the same formatting and smilie options available on board posts. You may also message multiple members at once.
2. Email - sends another member an actual email without making public the recipient's email address.
There are benefits to both methods, I guess it's just one of those things that comes down to personal preference.
Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:28 AM
Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:11 PM
LOL! Yes. Exactly!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users