• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

Here's how to enable the little "Email" button that lets people send you email through the board without seeing your email address.

1. Go to "My Controls" in the bar near the top.
2. Go to "Email Settings" in the "Options" part.
3. Uncheck the box that says "Hide my email address from other members"
4. Click the "Amend my settings" button at the bottom of that page.

(Don't worry, your email address will still be hidden, but people can email you through the board.)

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:23 PM

Hello Jack,

When I receive messages from the board, I have to log into the site to read them. With the old system I am sure messages would be conveyed to my own computer screen? I really cannot think straight tonight, but I am sure there was a direct way of sending from the site to my personal computer???

Over to you!

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

I had that problem before too, but now it's alternating - some I can read from my private email and others I have to log into the board to see . . . dry.gif

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:14 PM

It depends how people are messaging you.

The old board only had one way, it was a private message and it basically sent you a message that you could log on and read and reply to on the board. It also emailed you the message if you had it set to notify you when a new message came in.

The new board allows you to do two things:

1. PM (Personal Message) - sends another member a message which can only be read and replied to on the board. These messages may contain the same formatting and smilie options available on board posts. You may also message multiple members at once.

2. Email - sends another member an actual email without making public the recipient's email address.

There are benefits to both methods, I guess it's just one of those things that comes down to personal preference.

-Jack

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:28 AM

Ahhhhh . . . . it's all becoming clearer now . . . . . it's a male thing, isn't it Jack?

#6 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jan 16 2004, 12:41 AM)
Ahhhhh . . . . it's all becoming clearer now . . . . . it's a male thing, isn't it Jack?

LOL! Yes. Exactly! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users