• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:04 AM

The new board uses your old screen name (the one displayed next to your posts on the old board) as your username. The passwords are the same.

If you have any problems logging in, feel free to email me and I'll get it sorted asap!

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:31 PM

testing........

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

Jack, just curious! Why does GOOGLEBOT say black on the log-in index, and the remainder of us turn Orange! unsure.gif[/b]

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:45 PM

Good question Jacqueline!

Googlebot is the spider/robot that the Google search engine sends out to index pages, it's not a real member. I have set up the board to show me them as a member so I can keep track of when they are coming. From time to time you will probably see this and other "bots" visiting the site.

#5 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:10 AM

Jack, sorry to be a pain but, what about the database? I need to add to mine.

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

Nancy, Jack is busy sorting out my GoogleBot! You will just have to be patient! rolleyes.gif

#7 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:50 AM

Nancy-

Yes, sorry about the delay. The new version isn't finished yet, but I can probably get you back into the old one for the time being. All the info will be carried over to the new version when it is done so don't worry about losing things you add now.

Check and see if it will let you in now.

#8 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:19 AM

Hi Jack,

Sorry to be a pain, too ... but I still cannot login to the database nor can I add solids to my list ...

Astrid unsure.gif blink.gif unsure.gif blink.gif unsure.gif blink.gif

#9 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:19 AM

Yes the database is still working off the old solid perfume chat area members list. I'll see if I can get it working for everyone while the new one is being finished.

In the meantime, anyone who needs to log onto their collection db, shoot me a message and include your old username from the old message board (if you know it) and I'll make sure you can get in.

#10 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

Hi Jack:

Just recently I began encountering a problem. After getting in to the Data Base I can't get into my collection or view the catalogue. Message says I am not logged in but if I attempt to log in it then says the message board is under revision. Is it or is it some other problem I am having? Please advise.
Regards,
Phyllis

#11 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hi Jack and Lisa,
It's been a while since I have checked in and I can't view my database. Let me know what I need to do to get it updated. Thanks, Martha U

#12 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:53 PM

Here's the long story made relatively short: I tried turning the old chat board on in order to let people get back into their collections. It worked - sort of - but it also caused a bunch of unforeseen problems because some people were finding their way to the old chat script. We had to close it back down.

It has become the problem that would not go away. I am moving on to plan E.

#13 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:20 PM

smile.gif THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO

Martha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users