• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 10:48 AM

We keep hearing that the Strongwaters are limited to 500 each. Will someone ask him at his signings and let the rest of us know. I doubt if he will tell but it would be interesting to know. Anyway if our "sold out stores" keep getting more we will know the answer to that question

#2 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 11:05 AM

Hi Y'all, Newest member here with a concern. I preorder the romantic edition from Saks in Atlanta and have not received it yet. Should I be concerned and call them again? I was surprised when they showed up on ebay.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 02:22 PM

Martha,

Yes, I would call just to make sure or check to see if whatever card you used has the charge on it. Just to be safe. [Smile]

#4 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 04:12 AM

I received the Romantic Edition yesterday and a gift with purchase. I'm happy now. What a beautiful piece! This is the perfect link between my Estee solid perfumes and my Strongwater box collection. If an exact date is known when Jay Strongwater will be at the Saks in Atlanta, I'd love to know. Any collecter who will be there, I'd love to meet you also.

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 05:52 AM

Martha,

Strongwater will be in Atlanta. GA on Friday, December 6th. (I would call the Saks there to confirm)
You collect the Strongwater boxes too [Eek!] [Eek!]
Now that's dangerous!! [Big Grin]

#6 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 06:01 AM

Thanks Lisa, I love the Strongwater boxes. I have them placed through out my home and the small boxes in a vitrine with the Estee solids. Every time I pass by one I smile and touch. My calendar is open December 6th. I'll call this afternoon to confirm date. Is anyone else planning to go?

#7 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 07:49 AM

Hi everyone! I was at Neiman's yesterday, saw a huge display of Strongwater's little boxes, Oh My Gosh they are so intriquitte, beautiful and detailed, and of course out of my price range! I am jealous of your collection, martha [Wink]

#8 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 05:10 PM

I just got off the phone, had a conversation with Barbara who works under Shirley at the Saks in Atlanta. Lisa, your date of Dec. 6th was confirmed. Barbara stated that Jay Strongwater will be there from 12:00 until 2:00 signing only the Estee Lauder soild perfumes. She advised to come early as there have been many inquires. As to the limited number of solids available, she was not able to answer and was checking on that. I was advised to place the ones I wanted on hold for my viewing before I committed to purchasing them. This assured me that they would be available at that time. If you are interested in these, maybe you should call and reserve for yourself to view. Good luck, See you in Atlanta.

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 06:19 PM

Back to the production # of the Strongwaters-

Does anyone notice a number on the labels?
My dragonfly looks to have B52 scratched on the label. [Confused]
The other four look to have V something stamped on the label.
I sure wish we had someone from Lauder to let us all know.

#10 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 07:48 PM

My romantic edition has B72. I don't have any idea what it means.

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:07 PM

The reason you can't pin them down on a # is they do not know how many they will release. They are released little at a time and if one is not a good seller they halt production on it and if one takes off they make more. As long as they have the mold and it sells ,they can make as many as they can.

The apple was suppose to be 1500 and now they have halted production of it stating "production problems". If that is true they may make more as the "problem" is cleared up.

My dragonfly has b52 also.The vintage solids have simular numbers.

Just remember the rose!!!!!

Only opinion.

Ann

#12 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:30 PM

Can you explain what you mean about the rose?

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:50 PM

When the yellow rose came out in 1997 it was advertized as limited and made for NM Anniversary.

As they ran out EL made more and the next year using the same mold started bringing out other colors,red pink, purple and white.

Some people had bought the yellow rose because it was supposed to be limited and were disappointed when the value dropped due to more being made.

Hope this answers your question.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions.

Ann

#14 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 04:27 AM

Thanks Ann. Yes, that answers my question. Being a rookie I don't know a lot of details on the solids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users