• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 06:43 PM

Don't know if anyone saw the magic dragon listed on ebay buy please use caution on this auction. The photo the seller is using was stolen from this site.
The seller is also a brand new seller on ebay and has obviously been to this site, is it a coincidence that Pixiepoo just posted that she is looking for a dragon and now one is listed with a stolen photo?

[ September 21, 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 07:18 PM

Lisa, what is the auction # or can you put a link. I just searched through all the solids and did not find it. Thanks, Lainey

#3 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 07:38 PM

The number is 716234034. Thank you, Lisa for reminding us all to be wary buyers. Caveat Emptor. BTW, Love the new home page photo!

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 01:35 AM

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=716234034&rd=1

The photo can be found on page 3 of my collection.

#5 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 06:55 AM

Hi Lisa - I just wrote them and asked.....I'll let you know if I get a reply.

#6 knash

knash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 05:44 PM

In fairness to the seller (not that I know the person) they did disclose that the photo was taken from this site! One could assume that the seller just doesn't have a good digital camera...

[Smile]
Karen

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 06:09 PM

If the seller doesn't have a digital camera then the auction shouldn't have a photo attached to it. I wasn't even asked and what if the buyer had a problem with the seller and my site name is associated with the auction. I have nothing to do with it.
I did email the seller and asked him/her to remove the photo and they have choosen to ignore my request.

#8 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 11:20 PM

Lisa,

Sorry someone stole your picture. You can report this to ebay.

Go to: http://pages.ebay.co.../select-RS.html

Select:
1) Questionable content on ebay -->
2) Potentionally infringing issues -->
3) Use of images, text, or links without proper permission

After hitting Continue , you can read more about copywrites (if you wish, but not necessary to read).

*Next, hit Contact Support at the bottom. Tell ebay the auction # and the userid of the person who copied your image. Say the seller stole copywrite material from your site. Give them a link to your site showing the same picture. Note: it is important to give ebay evidence or nothing will happen.

Ebay will send you a generic email immediately. However, it might take a few days (usually 3) before they warn the seller. Sometimes ebay will take action [Smile] and sometimes they don't [Frown] ....I guess it depends on their mood. Typically, the seller must get 3 warnings before ebay suspends their account (assuming they copied pictures from 3 different people).

#9 knash

knash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 12:39 AM

Sorry Lisa..didn't mean to minimize. I just thought it might have been an honest error - eg, the seller might not have known someone would be upset about copying a photo online and the fact that the seller was not being deceptive about it seemed to imply good faith. I copy pics from the internet all the time! But if you asked them to remove it and they didn't...that's a different story!

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 04:20 AM

Hi Lisa,

Late yesterday evening, UK time, I 'thought' I had posted a message concerning Harrods collectables. Checked in this morning, and it is not on the message board.

Am I not negotiating around your site correctly?

Will re-write the message later today when I check in again.

Confused,

Jacqueline

#11 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:04 AM

Greyhound,

Thanks, I did all that stuff last night. I really just don't want my site name associated with someones auction that I don't know.

Jacqueline your post is still there, click on the general solids talk link and you'll see your post there. [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users