8 replies to this topic

#1 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 12:18 PM

Hi Jack,

Wish you were here now as you could help me with my computer!

Anyway I know you will be able to help from there!
In the past when I opened up the For Sale Page, it would fill my computer face and I had no problem. Now, this does not happen and the right hand side always has to be adjusted. Sometimes I cannot move it sufficiently to show the listed prices. This did not happen in the past, before the site was changed.

I am also receiving, on opening the computer, the warning about Optimize and that I should close and if necessary re-start. I cannot find a programme that will delete and then reinstall. The message I did receive asked that the CProgramme Files DYFUCA UPDASTE OPTIMISE.EXE FILE ....should be re-installed.

I know you are a whiz with computers. Any help would be appreciated!

Jacky

[ September 12, 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#2 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 01:25 PM

Hi Jacky,

I'm definitely not a PC freak but maybe the follwing question can help:
- did you install a system update ?
- did you install any program update ?
- did you change anything within the system or online tools since your last visit here ?
- did you try to fix the browser's settings/preferences ?

The best way to help you is probably to contact Jack directly.

I keep my fingers crossed !
Astrid

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 02:23 PM

Hello Astrid,

Thanks so much for taking note of my 'problems'.

The For Sale Page problem started prior to my computer going for repair. The Optimize problem has cropped up since it's repair. I was also promised that there was no need to download any data and all would be intact upon it's return.
Famous last words! Know for next time as I am now trying to find lost work!

Am sure Jack will also come up with some ideas.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to write. Really appreciated and will take note of your queries...

Jacky [Confused] [Confused]

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 03:23 PM

Jacky-

Here's the answer you didn't want to hear from me: I have no idea! I'm an Apple guy so the Windows OS is foreign to me.

Sounds like your service guy has created the issue though, is it possible you can tell him about the message you are getting? I'd bet he would know what he did to cause it.

I wish I could help you more but it's a completely different environment than I work on.

-Jack

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 03:49 PM

Jacky, try this:

Go to My Computer
Click Control Panel
Click Display Properties
Click Settings
Click Screen Area and hopefully it will tell you what to do. Sometimes all you have to do is drag it.

Sometimes optimizing is as simple as pressing a button on the monitor which then takes it back to its original setting. Hope this is helpful.

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 04:55 PM

Thanks Jack. Thanks Martha. I did what you mentioned but once I clicked into Screesaver, the only choice it appeared to refer to was the colour.

Meanwhile, I did find the Optimize which I could uninstall. Worried to do that as I am not sure what part it plays in the computer.....

Will have to go on a CRASH COURSE! Will carry on fiddling tomorrow! (Nancy, aren't you pleased you haven't got all these problems for the moment)!

Thanks to you all, really appreciated,

Jacky [Confused]

#7 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 12:39 PM

I was having lots of problems as well - all after I upgraded to AOL 9.0. I couldn't get to the "Chat Area" on this site and had lots of trouble with Ebay and other sites. I submitted inquiries to AOL and they admitted some "problems" with the upgrade, esp. if you downloaded the version over the internet. I ordered an actual ujpgrade disk and in the meantime have gone back to AOL 8.0 and no problems. Don't know if that is any help - but may be of interest to someone.

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 02:59 PM

Thanks Woody,

Perhaps that is what I should do!

I shall get on to AOL and see what they have to say since you also experienced problems.

Jacky [Wink]

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 05:16 PM

Well just to let you know that as I was going round in circles, I took the bull by the horns and just uninstalled Optimize! Pleased to say it has gone and sofar no problems.....famous last words! The only one I haven't resolved is the For Sale Page as I keep losing the right hand side showing the full picture and price.

Thanks for all your help,

Jacky

[ September 18, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users