41 replies to this topic

#31 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 02:21 PM

Jack,
Thanks for considering my request of adding a photo galley to the solids database.
Colette

#32 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 03:34 PM

I love the new database and can only wonder how much time you put into it! Thank you! Here is a suggestion, being the accountant that I am! I constantly find myself wondering how much something from the past would cost in terms of today's dollars. Everything seems cheap to us when we hear that something only cost $15 bucks in 1973, but knowing that it would have cost $40 bucks in today's dollars, gives you a better prospective. I don't know how the others feel, but I thought it would be cool to have a column for what it would cost in today's dollars. i.e. what would something that cost $15 dollars from 1973 cost today? I still have all of my accounting textbooks and if it was something you decided to go with, I could email you the table. It's a simple multiplication and wouldn't be difficult to program. Anyhoot, just wanted to let you know I love the way you continue to develop the site!

#33 Redmpeaches

Redmpeaches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 12:17 AM

hi Lauderlover thats a great idea.I myself have often wondered how much it would cost if i had started collecting earlier.jack, keep up the great work!!!It would be interesting to know how much the imperial princess has appreciated thro the years.If-----we had the foresight to buy 5???Kim

#34 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 11:28 PM

My list for version 2 keeps growing! I've added the UK pricing as well as the "today's dollars" calculation to my list of things to figure out how to add.

If we can do the "today's dollars" feature, I will probably need to get that formula for calculating it, Lauderlover. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes.

I may have to do a version 2 with most of the requested features and leave some for a version 3!

-Jack

#35 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:20 AM

JACK;
DON'T KNOW IF I POSTED A THANK YOU OR NOT TO YOU BUT HERE IT IS!!!!

JACK, THANKS FOR THE GREAT JOB AND HARD WORK ON THE DATABASE. WHAT A WONDERFUL, HELPFUL WAY TO KEEP TRACK!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN - LISA, YOU GOTTA GOOD GUY THERE!!

PAMELA [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#36 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 07:12 PM

I'll trade him for the affectionate fish in box.

JUST KIDDING! Yes, he is great. [Smile]

#37 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 03:11 AM

[New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Watch out, Jack! [Suspicious]

#38 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 11:46 AM

Hi Jack & Lisa

You work really hard and untiringly. Now all enlargements are to see in super quality [Cool] ! You made also a lot of additions [Cool] . Your Database Jack, becomes better and better [Cool] !!! Great job!!!

Cordial thanks!!! Have a nice day [Smile] and evening [Wink] ,

Liliane

#39 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 06:12 PM

Hi Jack and Lisa,
Thanks to you both for the wonderful database. I have a Cameo portrait like the 1986, yet mine is blue background in gold case with youth dew perfume. I can't seem to find a picture. Am I overlooking it? Thanks again for all you do.
Martha U

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:56 PM

Martha,

I must not have come across that one yet [Eek!] I am still working on all the information that has come in from all of my wonderful members. I have a pile of post it notes all over my computer area. Keep it coming!!
I am having so much fun and seeing solids unknown to me before.
Again I would like to thank everyone who has helped so much with photos and information.
[Big Grin]

#41 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:08 PM

Hi Jack & Lisa,
BIG, BIG THANK YOU for the DATABASE. I figured out how to use it. It's GREAT! I enjoy viewing the solids and "pining" [Silly] for them.
KK [Big Grin]

#42 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 06:15 AM

Hi Martha

Sorry, I answer late on your question. [Mad]

Your Cameo Portrait holds Youth Dew Perfume and appeared probably 1989.(These data are without guarantee!) [Wink]

Perhaps I forgot to send Jack a photo of this Cameo. [Silly] I'll send him this photo today, with the appropriate data.

Enjoy the weekend [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Liliane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users