#1 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:31 AM

Hi Jack/Lisa,
Thought I would start a thread for additions, comments, suggestions etc on this great new database you have installed! [Big Grin] Something for you to look at in your spare time! [Razz] hee hee

I cannot find the Harrods Language of the heart necklace solid and also wondered if the Harrods shopping bag could have Harrods as a keyword also so it appears with the rest of the Harrods solids in this search.

[Big Grin] I'm going back in for a play now!

#2 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:54 AM

I didn't even notice this new topic until Fee mentioned it.

The Cherry Pie is also missing.

At first I couldn't figure out why certain solids were posted twice, such as the teacup. I now realize there are American and international versions. It might be easier if the version is mentioned.

#3 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:03 AM

I forgot....

It might be nice if the Teddy Bear will have Harrods written somewhere. The 2002 bear shows up when using "Harrods" as a keyword search, but not the 2001. New collectors (future solidperfume.com members) may not be familiar with Harrods solids, so this can help.

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 09:02 AM

We'll have the Cherry Pie and the Harrods Language of the Heart Necklace added today. Thanks for noticing!

I'll have to think of a way to make the Harrods versions and international versions more noticable. We'll try to address that today as well.

Thanks!

-Jack [Smile]

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:57 AM

I couldn't see the Ivory Panda in the database [Eek!]
Just having a look through - sadly I don't have one to add to my collection catalogue! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

#6 Redmpeaches

Redmpeaches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:37 AM

Thank u Jack for this great feature!!Now we can track down our solids and catalogue them.are there any instructions if we have any trouble with it.Kim

#7 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 11:49 AM

Glad you like the features. the instruction manual is a work in progress, but you can see what I have so far here:

Instructions Page

Let me know if anything needs to be made clearer. I should have a few more sections of instructions done later today.

-Jack

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:42 AM

Sorry Jack and Lisa,

Each time I click on to view the items listed on the separate page where one clicks on to the URLS on the righthand side of the page (listings of all the solids) I keep being taken back to the homepage. With the birdcage this didn't happen, but with the others, sofar, keep going back to Ann and Kens picture 'homepage'.

Am I doing something wrong or, is this a small hiccup?

Best wishes,

Jacqueline [Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

#9 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:40 AM

Hi Jacqueline,

I guess this occurs with all those items that havn't yet been added a picture. If there is no pic added yet in the database the "click" might either not work or bring you to the start page.

Have a great day

Brigitte

#10 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 02:17 PM

Jacqueline-

Brigitte is correct. If an image was not in the DB, you were getting the error file which was just a redirect to the front page.

I have addressed this issue and you will now get a message saying the image is not yet in the DB.

Fear not! We have some help on the way in this area from some generous members! Photos will be added in the near future.

-Jack

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:33 AM

Hi jack

Great job [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .

I don't see a way to put more than one for each solid in the My Collection.
(example 6 watermelon)

Ann

#12 EL solid lover

EL solid lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:29 AM

Great job! Thanks for the new feature, Lisa and Jack.

I also found that I couldn't add weekend artist to my collection list, could you look into that?

Thanks! [Wink]

#13 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:37 PM

Hi Jack and Ann,
I love the new feature Solid Database and started to use it today to create my database. My question is? once I create my database is there a way for me to see "My Collection" (by images)? I would like to print out this page.
Thanks,
Colette

#14 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:40 PM

Martha & EL solid lover -

The problem with adding that one to your collection should be fixed. There was an error in how it was entered and I have fixed it. Thanks for catching that one for me!

Ann & Ken-

Well, you've got me on that one! I didn't anticipate collectors having multiples of the same solid. Let me mull that one over and I'll try to add something into the next version to track that.

Thanks for all the help! You guys are finding more than I would have on my own if I had tried to test it all myself! Hope you all don't mind being the guinea pigs!

-Jack

#15 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:46 PM

Oh, to respond to a post I must have missed earlier...

International versions will be indicated by an icon. I'm not sure if I'll try to put it on the photo or someplace else in the description. More on this as I get it figured out.

-Jack

[ January 17, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Jack ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users