• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 09:03 AM

If anyone has had any trouble posting or doing anything since we changed the name to SolidPerfume.com, please email me at tech@solidperfume.com.

Thanks!

-Jack

[ January 31, 2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Jack ]

#2 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 02:55 PM

Hi Jack,

My problem is solved. I can connect with the website. Thanks for helping me!!

Mimi

#3 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 10:50 AM

Hi Jack, I can't seem to get in by logging into www.solidperfume.com unless I click on your link. I can still get in under the old solidperfume.com
Where am I going wrong???

Nancy

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:09 PM

Hi Nancy, well here's what I THINK is happening. I stress think because I'm not exactly sure.

Our chatboard and database both place small files on your computer called "cookies". These cookies tell our server who you are when you arrive. (hence the "Hello, YOUR NAME" at the top of the chatboard)

These cookies have our web domain name in them so that our server knows the cookie it is reading is from our site and not some other site you may visit with similar chatboard software. The problem comes when our server is looking for a "solidperfume.com" cookie and it doesn't find one.

But since the LauderSolids.com name is still technically working, we are running into trouble with some people being logged into that domain when they don't know it.

We will be removing the LauderSolids.com name next week and hopefully this will all be resolved. We're just hoping some new problems don't spring up when we do that!

-Jack

#5 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Jack, I'll keep hold of your email just in case. It is still coming up with 'cannot find' when I key in the new name. I wonder if any other Brits out there can log on or if it's just me.

Nancy

#6 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 12:23 AM

Hmmmm. I'm able to route from the solidperfume.com server over to British Telecom ok. I can check with them to tomorrow to see if there is some other problem though.

If you are getting LauderSolids.com I can't imagine how that would happen though since they are both on the same server.

Let me think about this a bit... [Confused]

-Jack

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 06:21 PM

Hi Nancy,

Now and again I have a hiccup logging in, but, on the whole it is O.K.

Jack, do we have to sign in completely again, i.e. register our name and enter Password before the date of the complete transition?

Thanks for your help, as always,

Jacqueline.... [Confused] [Wink]

#8 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:03 PM

Jacqueline-

No, you will not have to re-register. At the very most all you should have to do is log in by entering your username and password that you already have.

I found another glitch tonight and have fixed it. there are a lot more little places to change the name than I had thought of. Hopefully, as each one is found, fewer problems will happen.

Once the old name is gone, all the problems should either go away completely or become glaringly apparent and therefore become easy to fix. Either way, it should all be fixed soon! Hang in there everyone!

-Jack

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:20 PM

9.19pm UK. Managed to log in without a problem this evening.

Thanks Jack. Thanks Fee for passing on message.

Jacky [Wink]

#10 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:25 PM

Good to see!

Your name has been changed to lowercase per your request as well.

-Jack

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 06:00 PM

Hi Jack,

Having lots of trouble loggin in and then staying logged in. [Puzzled]

Ann

#12 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 11:08 PM

Aargh. This is getting crazy! I'm going to try to get rid of the name tomorrow and see if that works. I'll post a message when it is removed and we'll see if there is any change in bahavior.

Sorry about all this.

[Frown]

#13 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 03:08 PM

Ok, step two (out of three) of the name change is done. things should be a bit better today with the login problems.

Barring any problems today, I think I will try to go for the final step tomorrow.

-Jack

#14 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for all your help. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Ann

#15 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 10:00 PM

THANK YOU JACK for working so diligently for all of us!! We really appreciate you!!

Mimi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users