• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 12:00 AM

I'm leaving now to go to Saks to pick mine up, I only reserved the crown and the dragonfly. Might change my mine after I see them but I didn't like the pics. I was supposed to go yesterday to lunch and neimans's and I thought it was today and called to confirm and they told me it was yesterday....duh....I forgot...they all wondered where I was....yep they wondered where my checkbook was...LOL....oh well will stop by there after I go to saks.
I understand that Jay is signing the piece as in engraving...I wonder what that will do to the value.
Kasi

#32 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 05:25 PM

Im just back from saks, I got the dragonfly and the crown. I had thought I didn't want the frog but after seeing him I now want him, he is really gorgeous. In fact I also like the acorn and the romantic(books and frame) The Jay strongwater designs are the best as far as I'm concerned they have come up with. They are more substantial in weight, and the detailing is extremley nice. He was a nice guy and signed both of my pieces on the bottom of the piece( not the box) in ink. Saks in Houston is totally sold out of everything, in fact the other 3 pieces that I now want they are going to have to order from another location. Girls they are really pretty.
I also went by Neimans, love the octupus, and the giraffe, in fact I like all of them except the bullfighter and the spanish dancer. Not impressed with those two but the rest I adore, but the Saks group really looks better than the Neimans group this year. JMHO.
Kasi

#33 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 06:25 PM

That's amazing that they were all sold out at Saks in Houston. I wonder how many stores will do the same. Thanks for sharing the experience with us. Just curious, were there a lot of collectors there?

#34 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 07:07 PM

I took a huge risk and never pre-ordered any solids. I went to Saks before noon. They said the dragonfly sold out. "Oh, Nooooo!", I said to myself. [Frown] The sales people weren't helpful at first, so I went ahead and purchased the acorn. I told several sales associates that I seriously wanted the dragonfly. After some time and patience, they found one. I got them signed. [Big Grin]

The Strongwater solids are my new favorites. The enamel work is so detailed that it almost looks real....and I thought the enamelling on the birdbath was good. I just wish I could afford to buy all five. [Frown] Yet, I'm excited I finally bought the dragonfly and acorn. [Big Grin] We've waited months....and it was well worth it. [Wink]

I was surprised Houston actually had the Strongwater signing and all 5 solids. This city gets by-passed/ignored for Dallas and Austin on most things. I can go on. Anyways, I wonder why the cities chosen were the ones chosen?

#35 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 09:20 PM

If anyone wants to get any of the Strongwater solids I know of a Saks that still has them all in stock. Send me an email and I will give you the # and name of who to contact.

#36 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 11:06 PM

Got mine from Saks today. Got there to late for the breakfast but the salesladies said they had had a very big crowd. I had prepaid for mine so did not have to wait long. From a couple of the other posts it looks like some of you went to the Houston store and was'nt the Strongwater display of frames behind him amazing. I have seen some of his things in a catalogue, but never up close. Again, I have to say, pics do not do his work justice. I live outside of Houston and do not normally like to go to the Galleria but the sales ladies made it a very pleasant experience at Saks and at Neimans, even with the large amount of stress they must have been under. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Mary

#37 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 06:00 PM

You may all want to kick me off of here, LOL but I really find nothing appealing about the Saks, Jay Strongwater solids. I am not planning on purchasing any. Also there are a bunch already listed on Ebay. The acorn, Dragonfly just to name a few. Lainey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users