36 replies to this topic

#16 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 10:52 PM

Did the solids arrive at Saks yet?

I'm so anxious....please anyone with updates.

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 10:32 AM

Just went to Saks yesterday, I was informed that they are waiting for them any day now. They actually though they would be shipped right after the powder compacts came in a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully they will be here soon! [Wink]

#18 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:08 PM

I don't know about the solids, I do know that I got my dolphin powder compact from Las Vegas Saks last week, and it is absolutely beautiful. I only own two powders, one is the black rhinestone cat from last year and now the dolphin, and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I wasn't too thrilled that Emily in LV Saks chose not to include any extra little goodies in my box for my expensive powder and my $12 shipping, but that's her choice, and mine will be to buy elsewhere next year! I must be spoiled by all the freebies we usually get.

#19 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:59 AM

Hi Lorranine,
No date for California?

Colette

#20 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 12:37 PM

Hello all,

Saks got the first part of thier solid shippment today, only 3 of the 5 solids arrived today. I am not sure of which ones but I think one may be the acorn since it already showed up on ebay
[Wink]

#21 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 03:17 PM

[Wink] My rep at Saks called me. The three are the picture frame, prince charming, and the acorn. I pick mine up tomorrow. [Big Grin]
Looks as if they will be in everywhere. Now I guess we will see them all over ebay at outragous prices [Mad]

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 04:22 PM

O.K. just came home with the acorn, frog and frame solids. They are amazing!! Truly works of art. I hope Srongwater designs the solids for Lauder again next year. [Big Grin] By far some of my favorite solids

Also looking forward to having him sign them.

My store only got in 5 pieces today total. They are still waiting for the dragonfly and the crown.

#23 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 08:40 PM

The Saks in Fort Worth will not be receiving the Dragonfly or the Crown. The gal at the store told me that only a select few Saks stores will get all 5 solids. Most will only receive the Acorn, Prince Charming and the Picture frame. They were kind enough to order the Dragonfly for me from their Chicago store. Still, I would've liked to see it in person before purchasing it.

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:07 PM

That figures, the two that I really wanted!! [Frown]
I thought the dragon and crown were the best looking ones.
But just look at these!
user posted image user posted image user posted image

[ September 17, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#25 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 08:33 PM

Lisa, Thanks for posting photos of your new Strongwater solids. They look fabulous in your picture, much better than in the promotional photo. Does anyone have a photo of the crown? Any clue why that one is more expensive?

#26 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 10:20 AM

Hi Lisa,
I'm so jealous. I haven't been able to get to Saks to see the new solids but my lady has the frame and the frog on hold for me. I do believe that the Saks that I shop at also has the crown and the dragonfly but I'm not sure? The solids look amazing, as it was mentioned much better than all of the pictures that I have seen.
Thanks for making my day.
Colette

#27 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:01 PM

Hi Lisa,

The Sak's solids this year are bringing back the quality and elegance that we all got hooked on years ago. They have a weight to them that reminds us of vintage solids.

And you do not have to worry about a wheel falling off.LOL

And being a double collectable doesn't hurt either.

No cutsy displays for these little works of art, They go in a catagory all of their own.

Ann and Ken---IOHO (in our humble opinion)

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 08:04 PM

Yes, love them so much!! [Big Grin]
user posted image user posted image

#29 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 08:16 PM

I go pick mine up tomorrow. Unfortunately I was not too impressed with the pics and did not hold all. I found out today that the Houston store already sold all of the frog and if I did not have a hold I would not be able to get one. Sigh! But I did hold the dragonfly and he looks a lot better than the promotional pics. Yeah! Also the Neimans in Houston had thiers ready for pickup today and got those. I love the Octopus, he is so ugly he is cute! Mary

#30 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 08:47 PM

Lisa, the photos are great! I have ordered my Saks solids from a store where Strongwater will be signing. The rep will have him sign mine for me and then she will ship them to me. If anyone else out there wants signed solids and isn't close enough to attend a signing, this is a great way to go. Thanks to the information I learned from this site I was able to acquire mine this way. Thank you Lisa. [Roll Eyes]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users