• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know when the Estee Lauder solids will be available at Saks Fifth Avenue. I went to Saks this weekend and there was no Estee Lauder counter person to ask???? When I call the store there is never anyone at the Estee Lauder counter? and the other salespeople have no idea. (This is the Saks in the South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa California)

I would like to get the dragonfly and the portrait on top of the books.

Also has anyone purchased Estee solids at the Saks outlet "Off 5th" (just wondering)????

Colette

[ September 19, 2002, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 12:49 PM

Hi Colette

I just order the Saks exclusives from Sheila Smith and as soon as they arrive at Saks she ships them out. Here is the phone 800.330.8497 extension 2155. She is a very nice lady.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 01:38 PM

Saks just got the first part of their shippment in today. No solids only some of the powder compacts. The solids should be in the stores within the next two weeks!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#4 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 02:35 PM

Collette, where are you?
I was at Saks in the Mission Viejo Mall Saturday and all they had was one of last years. No one knew anything about the new ones. Lainey

#5 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 07:48 PM

EsteeMania, Lisa and Lainey,

Thanks for the information.

Colette

#6 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 06:55 AM

I can't wait to see all the new compacts and solids for the holiday season!! Full Distribution powder compacts are popping up on counters as we speak. Also the Pink Ribbon program is right on their tails. (For breast cancer awareness, for those who aren't aware) Niemans and Bergdorf Goodmans solids are arriving now (or are already there)Saks solids will be coming around a week or two, followed by the full distribution solids and don't forget the Enchanted Fairy from Nordstrom too.
Be nice to those truck drivers out there cos one of them are trying to deliver our solids [Wink]

#7 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 10:57 AM

2Sweet,
Thanks for your post...I absolutely hate driving near or by any trucks. Now I will appreciate them at little more [Razz]

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 August 2002 - 05:17 PM

Talked with my Saks rep today and she informed me that the solids would be in the stores some time this week!! [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#9 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 09:54 PM

Hi y-all,
Some of Saks exclusives, will be out next Tuesday at Troy Mich.
They are showing a film on Jay Strongwater and
invited me for breakfast. If you live nearby, call and you will be invited too!

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 10:15 PM

Lorraine,

Which solids are you getting? That's great about the breakfast! Jay Strongwater is going to be doing a signing at some of the Saks stores, he will be near me in December. I am looking forward to meeting him and having him sign my solid boxes!

[ August 15, 2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#11 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 09:13 PM

I phoned Saks, gal said they were not able
to get any for tomorrow. We are going anyway
to see the film on how they are made etc. Jay will be in that store Nov 2nd to sign boxes. Just as well anyway, I suppose I would want the boxes signed if I am going to spend that much. I will get one of each I think. (I have tons of boxes in huge boxes to keep them neat.) I have to
be more patient. I heard from a very good source
that Estee is making one of each for everyone in the world.

#12 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 05:26 PM

I've been loitering here for months now, and want to tell you, Lisa, how much I enjoy this site. Its wonderful to see all this information, enthusiastic collectors, lovely pictures. Thought I'd better join so I can comment every so often. This year I'm buying the Nordstrom's fairy and the Saks powder compact called Sea Stars - Dolphins. I'm not much of a solid collector, you can tell from my name that mini perfumes are my first love, but they are so beautiful I buy at least one solid a year and every so often a powder compact. Last year I bought the rhinestone black cat and I love it. I don't have a lot of solids compared to most of you, about 30 - 35, but I have some very nice ones (like the carousel, the pink cat, the fairy, the peach, the piggy, and the blue air balloon), though I never know the correct names. I am curious to see if the fairy is the one pictured or a totally different one? I hear rumors that it may not be the one in the picture. Since I have last year's fairy, thought I'd add this year's fairy. After seeing what the carousel is going for on e-bay at this moment, I'm really glad I bought it when it came out!! Hi to everyone, and this is a great site.

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 08:00 PM

Welcome,

We are glad to have you as a member. [Big Grin] You do have some great solids in your collection, I can't believe how much the carousel is getting at auction. [Eek!] I started by purchasing only one a year and now look what's happened to me!

At the show in Vegas we saw the 2001 Fairy but without the stones in the base. Haven't heard anything about the Nordstroms fairy though. Maybe someone else has some information

[ August 20, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#14 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:59 PM

If anyone is in the Houston area, Jay strongwater will be signing at the Saks Galleria in September. I cant remember the exact date, my husband talked to the rep, but you should be able to call and find out. Good luck, Mary

#15 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:00 PM

Heres the scoop on Jay S. signings per powderpuff magazine :
Houston Tex. Sept 20 1-713-843-5557
New York NY. Oct 18 1-212-940-2155
Chicago IL . Nov 1 1-312-799-5362 (recheck date)
Troy Mi . Nov 1/2 1-248-614-3366 (recheck date)
Atlanta Ga Dec 6 1-404-812-7269
Bal Harbour Fla Dec7 1-305-865-1100 ext 363
I rechecked Troy, girl said now 1st Nov.
Rep said, Jay signs his work (not boxes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users