• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pattipotroast

pattipotroast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

Hello to anyone out there from beautiful South Carolina! I am looking for tiered, clear plastic stands (like stair steps) to put in my curio cabinets to better display and see the perfume solids. I have looked in several stores that sell display merchandise but have had no luck, have searched ebay,google,etc. with no luck. I have even bought tiered canned food racks and spray painted them gold or silver but they look sorta crappie! PLEASE, someone out there, HELP, I am about to have a postmenopausal, southen womans hissy fit! Thanks, Patti

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:00 PM

Hi Patti,

Have you tried candle sticks from the dollar store turned over and a piece of glass or plastic from one to the other in a kind of shelf?

An example photo. 3 1/2" High Candle Holder.

user posted image

user posted image

And check with beauty supply places for shelving.
Or any drug store going out of business.

Ann

[ October 23, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#3 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:32 PM

Hello Patti,

There is a website called Nicetoys.com that has a ton of display stands in acrylic, lucite and plastic for curio cabinets. There is a mini stairstep that might be ideal. Hope this is helpful.

I'm sure there is a great story behind your name. [Big Grin]

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 05:40 PM

You can find display stands on ebay by searching "display risers". I don't see any stairs right now, but other alternatives can be found in auctions:

# 2566893442 http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=11889

# 2959848613http://cgi.ebay.com/...3&category=1304

# 2567452697
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=11893

You can do a google search for "store fixtures" or "acrylic stands" or anything with similar keywords.

[ October 23, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: greyhound ]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:00 PM

Hi Martha,

Really ,really like that nicetoy site although the hand risers were kind of creepy. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#6 pattipotroast

pattipotroast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:45 PM

Y'all are just too great!! Thanks Ken & Ann, y'all have helped me twice now, I sure hope payback is going to be easy. Good idea with the candle sticks & glass, I have sticks, will look for glass.

Martha, if you have several hours we can discuss the "pattipotroast" tale and thank you for the Nicetoys.com info. I haven't been there yet but am on my way. I won't tell you what my husband Jim thought Nicetoys.com was!! Oh, well!

Greyhound, thanks for the additional info on tiers, will go there also. I assume you probably have either one or several rescued greys? We have a neighbor who has a lovely one she walks several times a day but I have not gotten to meet her yet and find out if its a rescue. We have a SC state dog(can you believe that a state has a state dog?)which is a Boykin spaniel, we hunted her for a while and then SHE decided to retire! Gun shy.

Again, thanks sooo much for your help and making a new perfumer feel VERY welcome!
Patti

#7 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 08:44 PM

A good place to get glass cut to size is a picture frame place. The glass is light weight and not expensive.

Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users