Myrna Pons Lady in Red

user posted image

Myrna Pons Pan with Flute

user posted image

Myrna Pons More Angels

user posted image

Myrna Pons Threee Crowns

user posted image

The Crowns are 1 1/4" Tall and the rest are about 2" Tall. The perfumes are size of a penny.

Ken

#2 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:19 PM

Oh My Gosh.....these are just exquisite! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] I know NOTHING about Myrna Ponds.....now I want to know EVERYTHING. For starters, could you please tell us how old these pieces might be?

Thanks so much... I'm really enjoying this!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Mimi

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:51 PM

Hi Mimi,

Myrna Pons, Barcelona Spain, perfume co. Since 1944.

Started a line of miniatures in 1985( the lady in red has a matching mini perfume)and the solids in 2001.

The crown is in their logo.

Did you see the St. John's on the other page?

Ann

[ July 18, 2003, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#4 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:52 PM

Wow, Ann! Your Myrna Pons collection is absolutely breath-taking! I had no idea there was a whole world of solids out there besides Estee Lauder!!

Thanks for sharing. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jeanette

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:55 PM

Yes, as Liliane said you would be surprised as have many there really are. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann

#6 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 11:01 PM

Ann,

Thanks for the history on Myrna Pons

I didn't see any St. John's, only the Pons. (Hey..that rhymes) Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? [Confused] [Confused]

I tried to send you a private message, but your mailbox is full!! I guess everybody needs your advise..like me!! I will try tomorrow. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm snooozin' [Sleep]

Thanks...

Mimi

#7 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 02:56 AM

Hello Ann & Ken

Thanks a lot!!! Those are wonderful works of art!!! Never seen and very particularly!!!

#8 Uma

Uma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:55 AM

Hello Ann& Ken,
thank you so much for the wonderful,charming photos about the Myrna Pons solids and the St.John•s compact.
They are very beautiful,and a real competitive to EL solids [Big Grin]
Thanks again Uma.

#9 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 06:57 AM

Ann and Ken,

How much were the cost of some of these solids?
They are quite stunning. Can you still buy their solids? Who else do you carry? [Confused] [Confused]
I know I asking so many questions, but your such a great teacher...... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I want to be first on your doorstep if you ever have a garage sale. You are such an inspiration to us. I just love your (Kens) photos.
I think we all look forward to them.

You know I never wanted to get in to collecting powders until you and Lisa start showing the photos and I just love the glitter ones. Some are truley beautiful. If you look at some the the olders brands beside EL, there are quite afew others that are better made and much more attractive.

#10 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:36 AM

Hi Mimi,

The St. John's are under "other solid makers" where we were talking about them.

Let me know if you don't find them.

Ann

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:48 AM

Hi Debbie,

No , they are not expensive at all and they even smell good.

The single angels were $30, the crowns I think were the same and the 2 angels with tray was a litle more.

I bought all 10 at one time and just remember that it total was under $400. I bought them at Dallas convention from the next generation of children of that co. that were there promoting the new solids. That may have been a promotion price.

Roselyn had a nice article in her newsletter a couple of years about them and of course I can't find it. Maybe she can help with an address on contacting them for more imformation.

They do come up on ebay from time to time.
The witch mini is on now.

Ann

#12 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:57 AM

Ann and Ken,

Additional information on the Myrna Pons Lady in Red - although it has nothing to do with the solid perfumes. There exist also mini perfume bottles which have the same "lady" tops, and they were made exclusively for the Spanish Collector's Club (perfume bottles). There are 6 different colors (red, blue, green, yellow, purple, pink), the red one was the first presented, and they are called "Les petites femmes de Paris". As you can guess, they have clear glass bottles instead of metal solid perfume containers.

Thank you for the detailed pictures of the solid perfumes, most which I have seen were tiny or fuzzy.

Astrid

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Astrid,

Ken just calls her "lady in Red" , we didn't know the names of any of them. [Big Grin]
He labels all the photos he takes so we can find them in the file later.

They had the red mini perfume at Dallas but didn't buy it , now wish I did.

Wonder if they made the rest of the colors in the solid? Do you know how we can find out???

A new hunt has begun. [Big Grin]

Ann

#14 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:31 PM

Ann,

I have the miniature bottle of the "lady in red".

I'll send you the photo.

Charlotte

#15 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:45 PM

Ann and Ken,

I don't know if they (Pons) will ever do the solid perfumes with other colors. Maybe it goes the same way as with the mini perfume bottles, the red one was introduced first, and the others appeared about half a year or so later. What I know is that they all are limited editions (applies for the mini perfume bottles). Did they say something about limited edition for the solid perfume when you purchased it at the convention ?

Actually I'm trying to find out how to get in touch with the Spanish collector's club. I don't have an e-mail address but they have a website where you can order. Today I sent an e-mail through their website but have no answer yet, well ... weekend ... I will let you know more when I heard back.

By the way, if somebody else is interested in the Myrna Pons solid perfumes, let me know. The solids now are offered for more than you paid, Ann, so I think it really was a "start-up" price.

Astrid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users