9 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 05:48 PM

Hello Collectors
I have some applications to join the IPBA. It is a great place to see many different types of perfume presentations. Also a great place to meet the collectors you read about in this area. How do you think many of us learn the information we have. We meet at the yearly convention and talk about our collections, share knowledge, [Smile] buy and sell, and socialize. [Cool] At last years convention Estee Lauder had on display all of the 2002 solids from Neimans and Saks + there were 50 Americas apple there for early buyers. Membership does have its privileges. [Razz]
This years convention will be held in Orlando, FL just about 5 miles from Disney & Universal. What a great way to buy solids and take a family vacation. [Smile] [Razz] [Big Grin]
If you are interested in joining just email me in the above link and I will get an application to you. Ron

#2 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Ron for promoting IPBA. You are absolutely correct in all you say. We're working with Estee Lauder again for the 2003 convention in Orlando.
If anyone wants more information, just email me at LenoreHiers@cs.com.
Lenore Worth Hiers, past pres. IPBA

#3 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 02:37 PM

Hi Lenore and Ron,
I am planning to go to the convention next year but I wanted to know who the guest speaker will be and the topic?
Thanks for any information that you can give me.

P.s. As a member of IPBA can I start a club in California focusing on just perfume solids?

#4 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 02:21 PM

Colette, sounds like a good idea, There are lots of us in the Orange County and surrounding area. Lainey

#5 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 10:02 PM

Hi Lainey,
Nice to hear from you.
I was thinking about doing something informally?
Maybe we could all meet at a restaurant, have lunch or dinner and exchange solids? Wouldn't this be fun?
If others are interested let me know.
My e-mail addess is
Cameo4455@aol.com

Colette

#6 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 04:04 AM

Hi Everyone,
If you e-mail me please place Perfume Solids in your Subject line. I delete a lot of messages from unknown senders since I get so much spam mail.

Thanks,
Colette

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 04:39 AM

Greetings to you all from a wet and dreary London.Y

Don't know if this is applicable to your IPB venue. Have been reading about the perfume bottles on Janice's site. Very interesting especially as I have a friend who comes from CZ and visits quite alot. Have shown the site and comments re many of the beautiful bottles and he will be looking out for them next time around.

Meanwhile, I have a discontinued Gucci L'Arte Di Gucci 3Oml. bottle complete with perfume. I have never opened this one, as it is my favourite eau de parfum and have been scouring the airports when I am travelling, to find it. Alas, cannot as there are none anywhere. The last place I tried was Dubai Duty Free. No luck.

Wondering if the bottle is of interest to anyone as this is now discontinued. Please, don't start me off collecting perfume bottles. I already have some lovely little miniatures but have never thought of them as a collectable project!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have entered Janice's site for discontinued perfumes, but mine does not come up!

Biiiiiiiiii,

Jacqueline [Smile]

#8 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 03:01 PM

Hello Colette -- sorry to be slow in responding. The IPBA convention details are not finalized yet, but as soon as they are, they will be published in the IPBA's Perfume Bottle Quarterly magaine and on the website: www.perfumebottles.org. Believe me, we're working hard on this right now!
Re starting a regional chapter, this is easy to do. The guidelines for such are printed in the annual Directory. We have never had a chapter which devoted itself to solid perfumes only, so that request might have to be considered by the Board. Feel free to email me further on this: LenoreHiers@cs.com.

#9 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:13 PM

Hello Members of the IPBA !
I'm a member of the IPBA since october 2002.
I got a letter from the IPBA that I'm a member now and the PBQ summer 2002. Does anyone of you got the fall one coming out in november 2002.
I'm a little confused that I dont get the new PBQ.

Greetings !

Michaela

#10 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:11 AM

Crazy !

I got my magazine today [Smile] .

Michaela

0 user(s) are reading this topic