• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:18 PM

Does anyone have the Max Factor flower pot for sale?
I never see this on Ebay!

Thanks,
Colette

#2 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:26 PM

Does anyone have the Corday standing bird for sale.
It doesn't have to have any perfume inside but I would like the outside to be in good condition.

Thanks,
Colette

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:41 PM

Hi,
Which Max Factor flower pot? And we have an extra Corday bird.
You can email us if you would like at clark.kenneth@worldnet.att.net
Ann and Ken

#4 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 12:56 PM

Ann and Ken,
I'll send you an e-mail thanks!
The flower pot I'm looking for is the one found on pg. 40 of Gerson, R. (Vintage & Contemporary Purse Accessories)
"Max Factor" flower bouquet goldtone creme perfume containing Hypnotique fragrance, designed to resemble flower pot with colorful flowers and leaves, 1 1/2" dia. x 2 1/2" h.

Thanks,
Colette

#5 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 03:48 PM

Hi Everyone,
No new messages in this forum?
Am I the only one who likes non-Estee Lauder solids?
Anyway, I'm still looking for someone to confirm that the Florenza boxes that I see on Ebay are solid perfumes? or pill boxes?

Thanks,
Colette

#6 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 02:22 PM

HI COLETTE....I HAVE A HUGE COLLECTION OF NON ESTEE LAUDER SOLIDS...I THINK THEY ARE LITTLE WORKS OF ART AND IN FACT A LOT OF THE ESTEE PIECES WERE COPIED FROM THE OLD ONES MADE BY OTHER COSMETIC COMPANIES. I REALLY LIKE THE CORDAY ONES, AND MAX FACTOR, EVEN AVON PUT OUT CUTE ONES, THE PIANO, LUTE ETC.

THEY ARE NICE, MAYBE NOT JEWELED BUT A LOT CHEAPER!

LET'S FACE IT, I'M JUST A COLLECTOR OF VINTAGE WHICH IS A LOT MORE FUN!

P.S. - I do have a lot of the older Estee's which I like a lot [Razz]

#7 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 06:48 PM

Hi Pancho,
I most agree, there are some really neat non-Estee Lauder solids.
As you, I love the Corday and Max Factor ones, especially the animals (of course)
I also love the solids created by Mary Chess, Viviane Woodward, Goldette and (I never thought I would be saying this but I really like the Avon ones as well). Funny, never say never....I remember just a few short years ago I said that I would never collect anything by Avon....now look at me. I love the piano and the plastic heart solids by Avon. I remember playing with the plastic figurals from Avon when I was a kid (okay now I'm dating myself) I remember my older sister playing with them (now that's better)
I'm looking forward to the next perfume solid book that is on all manufactors of perfume solids.
I'm not sure when it will be published, but I 'll be the first person in line to buy it. Furthermore, I must admit that my favorite solids are by Estee Lauder. I told my boyfriend today that I needed a second job to afford my "perfume solid" addiction.
Take care Pancho and Happy Hunting.
Colette [Wink]

[ July 28, 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: colette ]

#8 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 06:38 PM

Colette,

I'm not sure if the Florenza made pillboxes or solids. They are known for costume jewelry. Maybe you could ask an ebay seller of Florenza jewelry.

#9 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2002 - 11:37 PM

Hi Greyhound,
I'm 100% sure that Florenza made perfume solids because, I have some in my collection. I was only asking about the rhinestone eggs (not by Florenza) because I always see them on Ebay advertised as perfume solids but I have never seen one with perfume inside. Therefore, I think they are pill boxes which is okay, but I just wanted to know.

Colette

#10 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 July 2002 - 04:22 PM

I dont know a lot about florenza except that the larger piceces such as the bird are salters and not solid perfumes

#11 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 11:20 PM

Hi Ron,
Yes, you are correct most of the small Florenza pieces are salts, vitamin holders, pill boxes, saccharin holders, etc. But I do have a few pieces that are definitely perfume solids or so I think?
For example the Florenza goldtone clock designed to resemble a pocket watch(Gerson,Vintage & Contemporary Purse Accessories, pg. 40) and Florenza perfume lantern-shaped pendant (Gerson, pg. 72) I also believe that Hazel Martin's book identifies this piece as a perfume solid. Although now that I think about it it is more a piece of perfume jewelry because you place a saturated swab or cotton-ball in the holder. (Okay not really a solid container) I have another Florenza piece shaped like a pocket watch with a moveable dial that I bought as a solid??? and several other pieces that are supposed to be solids, such as the Florenza round goldtone perfume with turquiose stones (Gerson, pg.26) and the Goldtone horn of plenty solid perfume (Gerson, pg.46)
Ron, Now that I think about it I may not have any perfume solids from Florenza [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Does anyone else know for sure?
I would appreciate any other comments.
Thanks,
Colette

#12 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 02:16 PM

Larry K (can't remember his last name right now) who with his father ran Florenza and created their items has said that they made solid perfumes containers as well as saccharin holders, pill boxes, etc. The company was primarily a costume jewelry company though. I have Florenza items with perfume in them which I'm sure is original. He MAY be doing a book on Florenza, so keep your eyes peeled.
Re the jeweled egg shaped items which are called solid perfumes but never have perfume in them, I am quite certain these were originally thimble holders.
Hope this helps. Lenore

#13 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 10:18 AM

Hi Lenore,
Thanks for the information about Florenza. I would love to get a book about this company since in my humble opinion, they made some of the best looking costume jewelry and other "smalls" I adore the small pill boxes ? and or perfume solids that they made with the portriats of the young women and their cameos are so nice.
Thanks again and please keep me posted on the book.
Colette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users