3 replies to this topic

#1 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 05:47 AM

Hi all !
I'm not only a Estee Lauder collector, I'm collecting the solids from other companies too.

But now I have some questions :

Can you tell me more about Mike and Ally ?!!!
In my collection I have a little green bug, a green frog, a golden fish with black enamel stipes
and a green one with sunbeams and sun moon stars symbols on it.

I know that there is an elephant and a fish in green colour with bubbles too.

Are there some more ? Are they all prototypes like the solids in my collection ? Does anyone know in wich year they where made ? Does anyone have some pictures or would like to sell some ?

Maybe it is interesting for someone to see my Mike and Ally solids and I can show the solids on this site.

Greetings !
Michaela

#2 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 11:07 PM

Just curious. Are all of these empty? I had understood that Mike and Ally only made pillboxes, not solid perfumes. I think they are all recent, within the last five years or so. I have seen them advertised in Christmas catalogs from top line department stores, but always as pillboxes.

#3 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 02:25 PM

Hi Lenore !
I dont know if these little treasures are pillboxes or solids. Lisa will ad my photos in a few days and you can compare than.
Two of them are filled with an unidentified fragrance but maybe someone has put it in.
The others are unfilled. The bug and the fish where not decorated all over when I got them and I added the missing stones. The other two where
decorated completly.
It doesn't matters if they are "only pillboxes"
because they are very cute and its a wonderful handcraftet work. My favourite is the little bug.

Greetings !

Michaela user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image

[ July 10, 2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:16 PM

Hi Everyone,
I guess the best thing about collecting Estee Lauder solids is that you know what you have since most of these items are signed. I collect Estee and non-Estee solids, however, I sometimes find that what I have is a pill box and not a solid. I know from reading that some companies used the same container for both. But does it matter to others? I also realize that some sellers add perfume to items to sell as perfume solids--I believe that you can get more money if it's presented as a solid and not a pill box.
So what is a girl to do? The smell test doesn't always work and I have seen pill boxes with hinge closings.

Therefore, I collect what I like, but I really only want to have perfume solids, however, I won't get rid of an item if it's really nice and it's a pill box or saccharin box, etc.

For example are all the pretty little Florenza boxes with the faux stones and jewels really perfume solids or little pill boxes?

Also what about the rhinestone egg containers that you see on Ebay...pill box or perfume solid?

Thoughts by others?

Colette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users