• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 09:58 PM

Maggie - They were definitely on a good roll there. Too funny! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Mimi - Am afraid to ask but have no choice...what on earth is a "mud stabber?" Sounds ferocious! [Eek!]

Must get some sleep but will check tomorrow for hopefully an answer.

#17 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 02:41 PM

Michele,

When I was growing up, I would go to my Uncle's ranch in Clarksville Texas in the summer. It was great fun! [Big Grin] That's where I learned to drive....out in the pasture...in a 1950's Ford pick-up! [Eek!] We would drive down to "Sulfur Bottom" where they were filming the movie "Home From the Hill" ( a really big deal for a rural Texas community) and chase "mud stabbers" (these ugly brown, mud encrusted horny toads , poor things)! No one ever touched them,they were really quite large, and looked like something from Prehistoric times to us!

Would NEVER want to kiss one of those...even if the handsome prince might possibly look like Pierce Brosnan !!

That's my story, [Big Grin] [Razz]

Mimi

#18 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:55 PM

Mimi,

Loved your story and the way you painted a picture. I think you're a very good writer!

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 09:34 PM

Mimi -

Love your explanation of "mud stabbers." Sulfur Bottom? I'd say that was a strange name for a town, but we have some odd ones too...in Amish country, believe it or not! Blue Ball, Virginville and Intercourse are only 3 of about 12...hey, I didn't name them! [Eek!]

Not kissing the toads was a very good idea...a tiny bit risky and it might have turned out to be someone less than Pierce Brosnan...perhaps a Prince Charles?? [Razz] .

The oddest creature I've ever seen was in South Carolina (but not North Carolina!) We were on the beach, just relaxing, when I saw this "thing" out of the corner of my eye. I swear...it was walking sideways towards me and had eyes like the headlights of an old Model "T" Ford. And it was quite large! I thought someone was playing a joke on us with a puppet, or perhaps one of Jim Hensen's muppets had gotten loose, but it turned out to be a real creature. I think they called it a sand crab or something. Anyway, when I realized it was real, I sort of levitated back to the house, locked the door, and swore I'd never go outside until it was time to head North again! Now that would make an interesting solid!

Your driving experience sounds wonderful...there's no where around here to even attempt anything so fun! That's what I consider growing up the fun way!

Thanks for the explanation...I can picture it! [Wink]

Michele

[ October 23, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:12 AM

Sandra,

I am sad to say that Cinderella never had the chance to try on the Magic Slipper and that may mean your Coach did not take her to the Ball!

Prince Charming is still messing around with the Ugly Sisters, and Bull-frog is waiting patiently for that spell-binding kiss!

Lisa never had a chance to wear her Fantasy Shoes
but is daydreaming about the day when she will receive her solid invitation.

Meanwhile, Cinderella is below stairs preparing Pumpkin Soup and waiting for the moment when another Prince Charming will set her free.

Watch this space!

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:21 PM

Sad, but true Jacqueline! The coach went well past it's midnight curfew, but instead of turning into a pumpkin it has magically stayed in grand shape and is waiting for the REAL Cinderella to step in with her magic slipper(s).

Meanwhile, the prince is still on the look out for that someone for his coach!

So is there someone out there who can end this fairy tale soon ??????

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:58 PM

I'm sure there is Sandra! Remember dreams do come true and we all know that Cinderella eventually meets her Charming, Handsome, Prince and, as fairytales go, lives happily ever after!

But, you and I know full well that she has to kiss alot of frogs before the real Prince Charming appears. Meanwhile, this Prince is not to be. He prefers the Ugly Sisters and does not realise what fate has in store! No beautiful Princess to share his life and no solid dreams for the future!

But Sandra, we know there is a silver lining and I have heard through a Fairy Godmother, that another suitor will soon be on hand. It may take a while, as Solids are so much in demand before the Xmas Season. But, with a little patience all will be revealed and, Lisa will go to the Ball wearing her fantasy shoes and dress. Jack will be beside her (without his beanstalk), and all of us will rejoice in a solid reunion forever after!

Watch this space!

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:02 PM

Too Good, Jacqueline! I have no comeback ! BUT, I am prepared to wait for this fairytale ending . . . and hopefully the fairy godmother will come through for cinderella!

I think you have seen "Into the Woods" as you are now mixing the fairytales! However - I enjoy it, and as usual I am laughing until my sides and cheeks ache! Thanks for the fun! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[ October 26, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:04 AM

No Sandra! I have not mixed up the two fairytales! Remember, sometimes you cannot see the wood for the trees but with a little patience, all will be revealed!

Lisa may have her Fantasy Shoes and Jack, his beanstalk, but without Jack and his Beanstalk, Lisa would not have her solid(s) home, and the Magic Slipper would still not have surfaced to enable Cinderella to find her special Prince.

Meanwhile...........

[ October 27, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:30 PM

WHAT?!?!? [Puzzled]

I THINK WE HAVE A PROBLEM IN THE TRANSLATION! [Frown]

YOU MAKE MY HEAD SPIN, JACQUELINE! [Eek!]

[ October 27, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#26 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:04 PM

meanwhile....Cinderella must wait as her Fairy Godmother may arrive, but after the Festive Season. Then she may find her coach and will hopefully go to the ball!

Kapish?

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:08 PM

Ja, ja - kapish! [Smile]

Danke!

[ October 28, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#28 Redmpeaches

Redmpeaches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:43 AM

ha ha!Both of u are so witty and clever.Perhaps cinderella would make her debut in Hollywood with her 2 new screenwriters in a new movie with plenty of frogs.Kim

#29 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:56 AM

FYI - Micky has two (2) Magic Slipper Solid Perfume Compacts left. That's it...end of Magic Slipper! [Eek!]

She can be reached at 1-888-731-6024, but they'll be gone fast.... [Frown]

Good luck to anyone who was looking for it! [Smile]

#30 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 01:11 PM

And my one makes THREE! [Wink]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users