• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 11:37 AM

Received my Roulette powder yesterday from E.L. and it's beautiful. But I have a question .It has no lable on the back, but has a hang tag on the draw string pouch.
It has a plain gold box, not the one like my others with Estee Lauder on it.
This is from the Las Vegas store and maybe they package differently.It is beautiful.....now I will have to look for the solid....Love having powders with solids to match.
Hope you all had a fun Valentines Day...
Thanks, Patricia

[ February 15, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Patricia ]

#2 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 12:00 PM

I bought the lucky coin from the vegas store and I got the same plain gold box. I don't know what to make of it, but I've heard of others too who had received the plain gold box from that store as well.

#3 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 01:08 PM

The Post Office attempted to deliver mine but I was out, they put a card through to say I need to pay 19.00 Customs Duty!
I would be interested to know if anyone else had to pay or was the package marked as a gift?
Maggie [Cry]

#4 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 04:43 PM

When I have received solids sent via a courier/private mail service like, DHL, I have had to pay lots in customs and import duty because the threshold for the value of the goods is a lot lower than if it comes through the normal mail service. I think one compact would have made it through over here though. [Puzzled]

So far I have managed to avoid the couriers except for the Harrods solids and the lack of VAT kind of makes up for the import duty, then I just have to pay the expensive postage! [Roll Eyes]

But so far it has been worth it [Silly]

#5 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:43 PM

Maggie, I too have hated paying customs but check that they have taxed you on the correct amount. Does your figure include the fee from Consignia for collecting vat from you? If it is only tax then your goods would have to have been valued at over 100. I hate this because, as far as I am concerned if you pay for the postage you have a contract for them to deliver so how can they charge you more. I'm not a lawyer and I'm not rich but I would like to challenge these people. I was told once that it was because I didn't pay import duty but noone asked me to until they turn up at your door with this notice. You can refuse to pay it and I think they send it back but check out the figures. If you only bought the compact which you said in another post cost 60 then I think the tax should be 10.50 + whatever their fee for collecting it. (they have a scale.)

Nancy

#6 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:45 PM

Sorry Maggie, almost forgot - even if the item was marked as a gift you are only allowed 30 then you have to pay duty on the balance!

Nancy

[ February 15, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users