• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:08 PM

Got 3 of the new ones today. Giraffe, apple and cowbow. The rodeo cowboy is great. I was under the impression they would not be shipped until August 28 so I was pleasantly surprised to find them at my door. I dont leave them in the box. I have them out on a tall jewelry stand so my daughter and I can enjoy looking and even (gasp) opening them for a quick smell. Call me crazy but we have even used some of them. Thanks for the site Lisa, it is fun reading advice and comments from other collectors. Mary

#2 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:58 PM

Mary, Is the Giraffe great in person, I cant decide from the picture if I want it. Lainey [Roll Eyes]

#3 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 06:34 AM

Great News! I can't wait to see them in person instead of a picture. My neimans girl called me too! I haven't seen them since the museum! Also,when I was at the museum (with a little too much wine, hee hee) I was told that using the perfume does not effect the value of the compacts. I was thrilled to learn that [Big Grin]

#4 Lorraine

Lorraine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 08:49 PM

At my 'breakfast with Saks last Tuesday, I was told by the Rep, that there are only 500 of each solid by Jay S. and will be numbered. If you are lucky enough to see him at one of the special Saks stores where he will be signing, its not the box he will be signing, but the actual perfume on the bottom. He signs all his works when he visits the stores. (I think thats really exciting)
Also, my Neimans rep. told me that the rest of the solids will be out by middle of September, and the Tuberose (she is checking) as far as she knows IS on schedule. She has lots of orders for this one. [Big Grin]

#5 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:16 PM

Hi Lainey- The reviews are mixed on the Giraffe at my house. I saw them first, no one was home yet, and thought the giraffe was so-so. My husband comes home and right away likes the giraffe and of course my daughter is 7 and immediately loves it because of the baby. My 16 year old son likes the rodeo cowboy the best but we all agree we are impressed with the apple. Hope I didnt confuse you to much. I almost did not order the giraffe to begin with but I thought it was reasonably priced for a Neimans piece.(Not that my husband buying them didnt count a little!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users