121 replies to this topic

#91 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:34 AM

[FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=14]

After at least 39 attempts.......I think I have it.......Glorious, Vibrant... FUCHSIA....

I'm in Nirvana.......

The reason that I was having such trouble......is that I kept misspelling fuchsia ...until I re-read Michele's instructions .......DUH!! laugh.gif

Good Night Everyone......I'm a tired pink trooper!! sleep.gif

Mimi
[/COLOR]

#92 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:58 AM

Yay Jack!! (for fixing the alignment).

And Congrats Mimi for getting your artist's palette sorted out.

As for me - well, in communication call me old-fashioned, but I'm a black and white sort of girl unless you REALLY want something to stand out! (But I guess that's when I use capitals, underlining or italics).

I'm not grumbling, but I don't know why there is so much excitement in using different colours and fonts here . . . . . is it really that much of a novelty? Have we not had colour before? Is it like when we changed from black and white TV to colour? Is it like when we got a remote control for the first time? Is it because all the Solid Perfumes come in such striking colours that we have to emulate them?

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade or offend - I have had a good laugh at watching people try out different things in all these posts . . . but, I have to hand it to you Jack - you are keeping these people (girls) entertained!! Haven't seen any of the guys try it out yet . . . .where are the men??

Now how hard would this have been to read if it was multi-coloured?

#93 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

(By the way, Jack - the alignment is still centred for me in the post preview)

And I can't add any smilies to punctuate my words . . . . so I hope people aren't taking me TOO seriously!!

#94 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:45 AM

In a rush as going to a very large fair outside London which involves alot of travelling!

Just a note to say thanks Jack for aligning and all the hard work you are putting in! Also, I must agree with Sandra on a few points but haven't had a chance to read everything in detail i.e. preferring to use black and white format (for the moment)!

Would like to see the print automatically come on larger without having to fiddle around up at the top. Especially now when I am really having to get my skates on!

My comments still stand re the colouring and size of the wording on the Message Board. I know this is being worked on. Jack, you did say you wanted this straight from the hip!

Hopefully I will get the hang of the new items soon! It will just take me a little time as I am not really very good with computers!

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN IN FLAMES! HORSES FOR COURSES AND AFTER ALL, I AM AN OLD 'NAG'!

#95 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:27 AM

Tsk, tsk, Jacky - we are getting a little hoity toity, aren't we?? tongue.gif biggrin.gif

You ARE shooting straight from the hip, unlike me!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just don't know WHAT the other members will think of you!! (Side splitting laughter here)

Maybe Jack will ban us from ever posting again!!! (Hoping Jack won't read THIS too literally!)
[/font]

OK - back into hiding! ph34r.gif

#96 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:36 AM

laugh.gif

NO SANDRA! JACK WON'T BAN US FROM USING THE BOARD! HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT EDITING ETC., SO HAVE NO FEARS. I HAVE ALREADY PUT THESE POINTS TO HIM IN EMAIL AND HE WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, SO HELP ME...........!

NO WORRIES! ph34r.gif ph34r.gif this little icon curls me up. Used to wear one of those when I lived abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!?

NOW I REALLY AM LATE! WISH I WOULDN'T HAVE LOGGED IN! laugh.gif laugh.gif
YES! MANAGED TO GET the little fellows in! (the icons).....

WILL CHECK IN ONCE HOME, IF I EVER GET OUT THIS MORNING!

tongue.gif

#97 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

Oh Phew - at least one of us has got access to the icons . . .

Seriously Jack, I AM trying to play with the colours and icons here, but it ain't working for me today!! PLUS I can't edit my work either!!

And Jacky, DON'T PANIC - people have a good sense of humour on this site, I'm sure!!

#98 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:59 AM

Sandra, notice you are coming out as 'Quotes'. Haven't time to work that out. Am really late. Maybe Jack will see this before you go to bed!

(for all of you out there, Sandra is on the other side of the world)!!!!! rolleyes.gif

Got to, got to, gooo!

#99 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:48 AM

Hi Mimi -

Great Job! Love the color. biggrin.gif It's so nice that we're given a choice...color or no color...without judging others. Opinions are wonderful, as long as they're not constantly negative.

Keep up the good work...and keep on practicing! Having fun is a GOOD thing!

Michele

ooops...forgot to "Close All Tags!" sad.gif

#100 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:43 PM

smile.gif Yes Michele, agree with you one hundred percent! I don't think you can say there has been any negativity on the board. Just people expressing their views and opinions. We cannot all like the same or think the same. How boring life would be!

And as for giving feedback, this is a very good thing. At times there has been lack of such, but it is actually a constructive mechanism which enables a person to refine their art or whatever they happen to be involved with.

So Jack and Lisa, thank you so much, once again for all the hard work and thought which you are putting into the site! Without your commitment where would we be?

#101 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

Fear not! Nobody is going to be banned for playing around with things! laugh.gif

...and yes, I really DO want to hear all the complaints! That's the only way I can make things work exactly how you all want them to work. There are mistakes that I need you to tell me about, and there are suggestions for improvements that I need to hear from you!

So let me have it! I can take it!

biggrin.gif

#102 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

Hi Jack,

While you are in the mood for taking it--- biggrin.gif

How about a spell check??? Or did I miss it I was so busy playing with all the new goodies. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ann

I really really like the preveiw post feature. That helps if you can't do spell check.

#103 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Jan 13 2004, 01:53 PM)

How about a spell check???

It has now been officially added to the list!

#104 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:36 PM

Am having no luck uploading my own images...something changed from the first time it was set up, so I'll give it another shot!

These are practice only...

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Ok...got it now! user posted image

#105 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:44 PM

Jack - Why could I "browse" through my files the first time I tried it, but not this time? Am I in the correct "mode" (guided) or should it be the "normal" mode?

Also, have you considered the possibility of a "practice" board since lots of people here are actually learning HTML without even realizing it! Just a thought!

Must go start supper...dinner...whatever....

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users