crossing fingers that this works !!!!

Patricia

#62 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:12 PM

Hi Jack.....great new board !!! Finally got it after a few tries.

Patricia smile.gif

#63 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:59 PM

Hi Jack - can't seem to get to the next page in this topic unless I go back to the start - where the topic is in the "Gen. solids Talk" bit. Can't find the button to just go to the next page - I end up at the newest post for any topic . . . . what am I missing>?

#64 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 06:14 PM

rolleyes.gif I FOUND IT!!! ph34r.gif

#65 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 07:28 PM

user posted image
KK & Maggie ~

To get the cat on the board, or any gif or jpg image, click on "IMG" and fill in your particular gif or jpg or whatever. As long as it's from an on-line host server, such as CuteFTP or Yahoo or....., it will pick it up and drag it to this site for you.

In other words, click on IMG and the http:// box will show up. Then fill in your personal URL...KK's might be "KK.home.earthlink.net/doggy.gif." (No quotation marks needed.) Maggie might use "Maggie.home.yahoo.com/kitty.gif" or .jpg if it's a photo of a solid or person. It's really easy! smile.gif

And of course, we're all learning to Close All Tags at the end of the session!

Give it a try! Just put up a photo and see what happens. It can't hurt anything...this seems relatively fail-safe. Jack's done a fantastic job with the commands...very impressive!

Will watch for your gif's and jpg's...

Michele

#66 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 07:32 PM

Jack -

Just want to let you know I don't plan to throw gif's up all over the place. Right now I'm just having fun...I promise not to detract from the site. Will get back to normal (???) soon.

Michele

#67 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 07:55 PM

I just figured out that you can use whatever color you want, wherever you want it, as long as you know the command or color!

This is so neat! biggrin.gif

When you have time, can we have the "sleepy emoticon" back?

Thanks again!

Michele

#68 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

Jack -

I just noticed the "date and times" on my posts...specifically, Jan. 12 @ 12:41 a.m., Jan. 12 @ 12:45 a.m. and Jan. 12 @ 1:08 a.m. Right now my pc clock says it's 8:37 p.m. - January 11. What am I doing wrong?

Michele

#69 Guest_Guest_Aussie Girl_*

Guest_Guest_Aussie Girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

HELP
Jack - I am going MAD. I have just spent an hour trying to login & it just won't do it. I have tried every combination with upper & lower cases & I even tried a few different passwords. HELP HELP.

Karen mad.gif mad.gif

#70 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

[center]Dear Mimi,
I guess you ahve the same problem I had. when you have finished to write in the chosen way you have to hit the

"Close all Tags" line on the right hand side of the fonts.

Each time you want to change set the new font, size and color then write and at the end hit the "close all Tags" line

and then start again. Once you got it it's easy to handle.

Give it another try.

Brigitte

Sorry to all members that I've board you with my explanations. I just saw Mimi's post and felt like answering on it, but forgot that there were 2 other sites to go and that surely other people had already answered to her post. I don't delete my post as I too tried out a lot of varieties.[|center]

#71 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:21 PM

Dear Jack, Well I've managed to login by re-submitting my password but can you now fix up the mess I've made of the board. I'm too hesitant now to try anything and I feel extrememy embarassed.
Many thanks, Karen

Also can I have my Panda avaitor back too please biggrin.gif

#72 smileigh

smileigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:29 PM

OK .... I am REALLY curious huh.gif to see how all this is going to look!!
I am also curious as to what the new lighthouse looks like ... as well as how much it costs...!?!?! rolleyes.gif

#73 smileigh

smileigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:39 PM

biggrin.gif
OK... one more .... just for the heck of it...! smile.gif

#74 smileigh

smileigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:42 PM

Whooooops... ohmy.gif Sorry..... wub.gif

#75 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

Hi Karen:

Don't be embarassed...we've all messed up the first few times! That's what makes it fun. rolleyes.gif Plus, I do believe you've got it now! Congratulations:) smile.gif

Smileigh: Haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back. smile.gif Is this great or what? Remember, a journey of a thousand miles....

KK & Maggie: The frantic kitty is on just about every animated gif site on the web...he's been stuck in my file for 7 years! That's why he's chasing the bug so fast. laugh.gif Feel free to right click on him (he'll come to a screeching halt), left click on "save picture as" and put it in your gif file.

'nite all (no sleepy emoticon sad.gif )
Michele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users