• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:30 PM

Hi folks - just got back 'online' from a 10 day break! Was wonderful - summer is great over here and I spent all those glorious days by the pool soaking up the sun . . . . anyway, just wanted to let you all know the outcome to my pre-Christmas dilemma - (see post "Can you believe it?")

On 24th Dec. I received a refund "in full" from the seller - after plenty of emails to and fro. OK, so it cost me a few overseas faxes and good ol' Paypal took some fees, but the bottom line is, the seller came clean, professed 'mis-communication', and after a couple of complaints to Ebay and Paypal, I got my money back . . . and that's the only reason why I didn't put the seller's name on the board.

Complaints to Ebay and Paypal by the way, got me nowhere - they want this that and the other and I only failed them on one count due to Christmas and public holidays, I couldn't prove that I didn't get a refund from my credit card provider at the time. Anyway, after 6 long weeks of stress and agonising over it, my faith in human kind was restored and I had a more pleasant Christmas than expected.

Woody and others who have also had similar dilemmas - I hope that yours too will come to and end soon and that the money spent will be returned.

Thanks so much for all the words and discussion over it - felt much support and comfort, though very much alarmed over how many other people have got taken for more !!!

Back to have another look at Ebay and to tread carefully . . . . .

[ January 05, 2004, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:36 PM

Hello Sandra, It's so good to have you back where you belong!!

Woody and other members will be so pleased to read your posting! Really happy that 'All's Well That Ends Well!'

Speak to you! [Smile]

[ January 04, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#3 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:37 PM

Good news on my Ebay claim. I submitted it last week and have already received an acknowledgement that it was approved and I should be receiving the max claim payment of $175. The e-mail states it can take 30 days to process. It doesn't cover the entire loss, but I feel lucky to get anything. I would have to give Ebay a thumbs-up for how quickly they approved the claim - but following the process was very confusing. Still it appears it may end well and I am happy!

[ January 08, 2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: klassicguy1 ]

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:08 PM

Excellent Woody - so good to hear you were able to recover SOME of the money at least . . . . it's good knowing Ebay stand by their claims.

Ebay's communication with me were good - I didn't have any problems with them at all. They just needed to know that I didn't get a refund from my credit card providers, but that was impossible at the time as they were closed over Christmas . . . then I got my refund from the seller . . . so I didn't go ahead with the claim (obviously). Ebay wrote back and said they were pleased the seller refunded albeit late.

It's a shame Paypal doesn't extend their coverage for more than 30 days - this is REALLY bad for international transactions.

[ January 06, 2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#5 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:35 PM

a.

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:44 PM

Don - Do you mean 'shonked'???

Just when I thought you were getting a hold of the lingo here, you go and trip up like that!

Well "dang", as you say! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[ January 06, 2004, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#7 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

Sandra and Woody,

I am so glad [Big Grin] that you had positive results with your e-bay experiences. I really felt badly for both of you and was hoping for the best.

Best to you!!

Mimi

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Mimi - I appreciate your positive thoughts, as I'm sure Woody does.

Best to you also. [Smile]

#9 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:30 PM

Sandra,
I'm very glad that the seller returned your money.

Woody,
That's great news that E-Bay is giving you the max, $175.00.

I too had a similiar problem and E-Bay is sending me a check for $175.00. Like you I am still out some money but the bulk of it is being returned to me.

Barb

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

Cheers Jacky - sorry I didn't reply to your post earlier - I do appreciate it! [Wink]

And also thanks Barb - hopefully you will get the same result as Woody and I soon! [Puzzled]

How are you going with yours, Linda?

[ January 07, 2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#11 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

Nicki - you and I had trouble with the same seller! And I am so glad to hear that Ebay is taking care of your claim as well.

#12 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 08:10 PM

Hi all!

I am glad to hear that things are working out for those that have had ebay problems (or at least getting part of your money back) [Smile] !! That is great news!

I know that this has been brought up before, but given Woody and Nicki has issues with the same seller [Cry] , I would like to know who this seller is, especially if this person is selling some of the more expensive solids. If it happens once, it could have been an honest mistake ( [Suspicious] ?!?), but twice with two different people, it appears this person is running a scam. Although I don't know the detail surrounding what happend in each circumstance, I am not sure there is an excuse that would be acceptable for the person to do this. It just gets me so frrrrrrusterated.

On a happier note, again, I am glad things are working out for those that have had problems with this, and other sellers!!!

#13 FragrantPetals

FragrantPetals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:46 PM

Great to hear that everything is fine. Hope no=one else gets caught!

petals

[ January 08, 2004, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: FragrantPetals ]

#14 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:16 AM

[ January 08, 2004, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Lori B ]

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:21 AM

Have to report here that the seller has been suspended under 2 different names already. All that really can be said at this point is to be VERY careful of sellers with no or little feedback.

I apologise to any seller who is just beginning on Ebay, but to have 3 people taken in the same month by sellers with little feedback is a bit sus!

The point is: ASK QUESTIONS before bidding. Make sure the seller is AOK - ask members here on the site if you're unsure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users