#76 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 02:11 AM

Woody:

What the hell is going on anyway??????????
you mean to tell me that THEY CALLED YOU to tell you they could no longer sell to you???????????
I am utterly speechless!!!!!!!!!!! [Mad]
I believe you but... i just can't believe this!!!!!! How can they refuse to sell to you??
Isn't that illegal or something? Discrimination?
How can they refuse to sell their product to ANYONE who wants to pay for it?? [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

I AM SORRY BUT I JUST DON'T GET IT?? [Confused]

WHO DO THESE CORPORATE JERKS THINK THEY ARE? [Mad]

THERE HAS TO BE SOME RECOURSE OF SOME SORT, NO?

IN YOUR CORNER,
PAMELA

#77 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:52 PM

Oh Woody!! ,

This is just absurd and intolerable! This company is just begging for a lawsuit! When I think of the number of "frivolous lawsuits" that are floating around out there and then see this harrasment and denial of rights, I am just speechless [Mad] (and for me to be speechless is an "impossible concept")

Anyway, I too, am in your corner.

Cheering you on...as always,

Mimi
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#78 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:42 PM

Well, time to add something to this unpleasant incident from my side ...

I followed this topic the last months, and to be honest I never really understood how & why a company who's only right of existence is based on profit acts like this. And the solids they provide is only to increase their profit, nothing else. We stupid collectors found something really adorable, and, therefore, we buy this stuff. Do we really need that ? I say NO, let them die - let's stop buying the solids !!!

Did anybody ever get a rejection like this when buying skin scare or decorative cosmetics from EL ? I ask because I can buy whatever I want here in Germany - the more the better, and if I would buy the whole store they would let walk me over the red carpet (!) because they work for profit,
The whole behaviour sounds to me like the "ancient" DDR (formerly Eastern part of Germany), you could only get this or that if you had the respective reputation (and if you had the money for it). Where and who are we ? What kind of control do they like to try ? Must be some kind of very brilliant water-head at the top of EL who thinks ... well, what does he/she think ?

Woody, I'm with you, too !!!
Astrid

#79 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:30 PM

Woody
I can imagine how you feel. I think a good lawsuit is what they need. I guess any major department store would ban you for selling items purchased from them. RIGHT

#80 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 06:45 PM

Woody,

We are behind you too, as I think the Lauder company is totally out of line to contact you the way that they did. [Mad]

When was the last time someone from Lauder contacted any of us collectors to say "thank you" or "great site" or "let us help you by getting you proper information" or anything of that nature?? The answer is never! [Puzzled]

#81 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 09:12 PM

I am so depressed, Woody - can't even begin to tell you, what with us being ripped off on Ebay trying to purchase solids and now with another EL solid dispute going on with you, of all people!

I'm just going to gather my thoughts enough to say I've had sleepless nights over trying to deal with the fact that people are using these 'things' we should be seeing beauty in and turning it all UGLY! [Mad]
I'm truly thinking of giving this away.

#82 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:21 PM

Hell everyone,
I did ask a lawyer about Woody problem with CCS and here is the replay:
I
don't think that the store is doing anything
illegal here - there's no law that says they must
do business with you , unless they
are discriminating against you on the basis of
race, religion, or some other protected class
under Civil Rights law.

Doesn't looks like we can do anything about it.
Merry Xmass to all!
Nata

[ December 18, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Nata ]

#83 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 12:35 AM

Hello Woody,
I read recently about The bad experience that you had with the call from Corporate Estee Lauder, However, this is nothing to be concern about, I believe that EL will refer this call to the research purpose or something identical to it if you accused them in privacy invasion.

If you ever speak to them again, mention them that firstly they need to look to their major retail stores like Nordstrom. This store sells EL solids without white outer boxes and later the boxes sold on the e-bay and Internet private sites for $10-$20.
Regards, Galina

#84 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:33 PM

Hello all, I haven't had a chance to log on for ages and I really thought this had "died a death" but oh no. To misquote a saying we have over here "The Law(der) is an ass".

Nancy

#85 Jorge

Jorge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:00 PM

Woody

I'm new here but after reading all this I would support Martha's sugestion. I would not start a war with Estee Lauder. I think that your selling might be upseting someone inside EL but not the company itself.

I would write that letter asking for an official position and then act accordingly

#86 smileigh

smileigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

Wellll... it has been quite awhile since I have been here and it appears that I have missed ALOT!!
I have a suggestion .... and another one that I can actually print... [Wink]
How would it be if we ALL wrote letters to Estee Lauder in regards to this matter? I would think that it mght have some influence...? or am I being naive again....? I guess I feel as though something should be done. How can they tell us what to buy, how many, how much, then what cannot be returned...? [Puzzled]
I know how we all feel about our solids ... but this really seems to be a strange way to do business...? [Suspicious]

#87 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 11:20 AM

Hello again! As always, want to thank everyone for their support! I am so greatful for my solidperfume friends:) Wanted to add some comments....whatever the outcome of this, I want it to be positive. While I understand what Estee is trying to do, I still do not think this was handled properly at all. I have not spoken to anyone from Estee corporate since the phone call in October - other than the managers from the stores at one time. I am going to contact the stores and ask for an official response to my returning solids and compacts at this point. If the corporation feels that multiple items should not have been sold to me, then they should be willing to take them back. So, I am going to work proactively to resolve as my activities were always focused on the expansion of interest in this collecting area and having fun. My reaction to all this was very negative - and still is - but I do not want my bad experience to influence what any collector does as the most important thing is enjoyment and having fun - but I am very glad you are all behind me! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year!

#88 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 12:17 AM

Woody,

Your attitude is great considering the circumstances. May I add that you are one "Klassy" guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users