87 replies to this topic

#46 Spendit

Spendit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 08:23 AM

Hi All

Woody, I think you should take this matter further. While I am mainly speaking from my knowledge of Australian Privacy Laws, I work for a U.S. company and know that there are similar standards in place in the U.S. also.

You might want to do a little web searching for where you can report what certainly sounds like misuse of your personal information.

For instance, if EL are asking for your personal details at point of sale, legally they may be obliged (at least in small print) to declare how they intend to use or store this information.

Also, if EL are so interested as to what your intentions are when buying multiple solids, they perhaps should be presenting you with an upfront Terms & Conditions of use or contract at point of sale similar to those that we see for software packages regarding their use and resale.

Have A Great Holiday,

Kristie

#47 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:33 AM

Woody

I want to express you all my full solidariety for this bad bad matter.

I agree with Lisa when she says that in Europe they are sold much more expensive. I sent separate to Lisa a list of Lauder solid prices sold in Europe on some Internet site which are not perfumeries, but only sellers of perfum miniatures old and new, solid perfums and jewels concerning perfum and the difference between issue prices and sale prices on these sites is very high.

I'm with you.

Charlotte

#48 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 11:49 PM

Hi Everyone:

I am speechless - literally speechless...I agree with all of you backing woody and I certainly would take it further and call el if I was woody and get to the bottom of this inexcusable invasion of his privacy!!!!
And Lisa, I totally Agree with you!!! I worked for Lauder as well and worked on commission!!
Yeah, right, like I would refuse to sell anything I had at the counter to anyne!! Are they crazy!!!???????? [Confused]
I once had a lady come in and I did a consultation, makever, etc.....and she bought 56 items from me right then and there! Could you imagine saying,"sorry sweetie I can only sell you a certain number of items." What the hell are they thinking???? [Puzzled]
Whether it's solids, powders, or multiples of ANYTHING.......I would sell it all to whoever!!!
It doesn't make any sense to me - EL was soooo
concerned about our IPT -(for those of you who never worked for Lauder,items per transaction) that's how we were recognized as the ultimate sellers!!!!
For God's sake, I remember the store manager, department manager, my fellow beauty advisors, and other counter people coming all around me behind the counter raving over my sales that day!
Weird though, my superior wrote a letter to corporate about my successful transaction that month, thinking it would get into the EL newsletter - -NOTHING --- and we could not understand why they didn't think it was as big a deal as the rest of us at the dept. store......
I have more stories about working for them but I won't bore you people......just had to vent....

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS....WOODY I FEEL FOR YOU AND WILL STAND RIGHT BESIDE YOU IF YOU WANT TO BITCH AND MAKE SOMEONE LISTEN - HOWEVER I DON'T KNOW WHO WOULD AT EL HDQTRS.
THE NERVE OF THESE CORPORATE BASTARDS!!!!

Sorry, hope I don't affend anyone with my language but sometimes I think it's appropriate to express yourself in whatever way seems satisfying!!!!! [Eek!]
I can't sell my collection off fast enough after hearing this crap. [Mad]

On a lighter note, Have a great day everyone.
Regards, Pamela

#49 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 11:57 PM

Michele:
Are you really sending back your EL solids you just received????
Good for you girlfriend!!!!! [Big Grin]

I am still in shock........... [Puzzled] [Confused]

Pamela

#50 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

Hi everyone,

This matter has reached the desk of corperate headquarters at the top level.

We shall now wait and see what , if anything that they would like to say on the matter.

Some time may be reguired to check into this.

Ken & Ann

[ October 10, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#51 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 05:23 AM

WELL DONE Ann & Ken. It is really good to read some-one has done something about this. Let's hope something positive happens for Woody. Like everyone else I was quite appauled - what a shocking phone call to have had. Woody as you can see everyone is behind you 100% - you have a lot of friends on this site & that's something good & positive to think about. Enjoy your holiday.

Karen [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

#52 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:02 AM

Pamela - Yes...And it felt soooo good! I would suggest everyone stop buying any and all Estee Lauder products, e.g., solids, creams, lotions, makeup, etc. for one full week just for the hell of it. See if it does anything to their bottom line. [Mad] That's what really counts to the Lauder Corp.

Ann - Prior to your most recent post on this subject, you stated it was impossible to get through to anyone at Corporate. Now you are saying it has "...reached the desk of Corporate Headquarters at the top level..." How the hell do you know that? Excuse my language but I'm really confused. [Puzzled]

That's it....

#53 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:00 AM

Michele,

To answer your question, some of the imformation that Ken & I share on this board from time to time is from knowledgeable confidential sources. We share this information, with approval, to inform members so that they have a better understanding of what is happening.

In my post you are refering to, I did not say that it was impossible, I said " No one was home or would get back to us."

In my recent post I said "We shall wait and see what, if anything that they would like to say on the matter."

You accused someone on this board of having a hand in this without saying who and that is a very serious thing and has caused some mistrust. Why??

We are all upset about this but we need to find out the facts on who did this in a calm way before we accuse a person or Co. and that may take some time.

Ken & I have been very vocal about problems we have with EL but mostly our desire was to make things better so the hobby would continue.

Ann & Ken

[ October 11, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#54 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:16 AM

Ann -

Wow! Didn't mean to upset you, Ann, but you still did not answer the question.

Why do I not name names? Because I was brought up better than that.

Lastly, you certainly have been vocal, and I'm sure it's for the good of this site and collectors everywhere. My apologies if I've offended you.

Rather than inflame the subject any longer, I'll just let other members have their say and stay out of it.

Am going outside to my little garden...the sun's out, Fall is in the air, and it's a beautiful day to be out.

Michele

#55 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:18 AM

Oh my goodness...you've added a paragraph to that last post. Well, that certainly clears everything up...At least you've answered my original question. Thank you.

[ October 11, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#56 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:30 AM

My dearest Woody,
I'm sorry for your horrifying misery [Frown]
Just the other day I was checking out your solids under "for sale". I was admiring all your beautiful solids. I noticed many have SOLD I'm so pleased for you. Also, your prices are so fare. Maybe somebody seeing this is what got things all riled up. Who knows? Jealousy and greed are a nasty combination. And whoever plotted this evil deed needs to GET A LIFE.
Woody, you can tell 'em how I love to buy from you. We all know the prices on the solids and you are not a price gouger. Heck Woody, I love buying from you. You are a fine and honest man and I'm proud and happy to be your friend.
Hope you had a terrific vacation [Big Grin] And you know someone around here will get to the bottom of this and squeeze the little squeezle who started this.
A big hug from,
Miss KK [Smile]

#57 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:29 AM

HELLO WOODY,
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY SUPPORT FOR YOU AS SO MANY OTHERS HERE HAVE DONE.
I HAVE BOUGHT 9 SOLIDS THIS MONTH FROM E/L AND I WILL GUARANTEE THAT IF I AM CALLED BY THEM QUESTIONING MY PURCHASES I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!
THE VALUE OF LISA AND JACK'S SITE IS THAT WE ALL HAVE A COLLECTIVE PLACE TO SHARE INFORMATION. THIS SITE HAS PROMOTED THE INTEREST IN E/L'S PRODUCTS. NOW IT CAN BE USED TO SHARE INFORMATION AS TO HOW WE COLLECTIVELY CAN NOTIFY E/L OF OUR DISPLEASURE IN HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS. WE SHOULD ALL WAIT AND SEE IF THE PERSON (PERSONS) THAT ANN AND KEN HAVE CONTACTED CAN VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF THAT PHONE CALL.
UNTIL THE PHONE CALL IS VERIFIED AS HAVING ORIGINATED FROM E/L WE SHOULD ALL BE FAIR AND WAIT. E/L MAY NOT HAVE BEEN THE SOURCE.
IF THEY WERE THE SOURCE, AND THEY FEEL THAT THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR, THEN WE SHOULD ALL EXPRESS OUR FEELINGS TO THEM.
MY REGARDS TO ALL YOU IN OUR WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY.
GAIL C.
[Frown]

#58 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:42 AM

HELLO AGAIN,
AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT I REMEMBERED WHEN E/L MADE LISA AND JACK RE-NAME THIS SITE. I REMEMBER HOW JACK FELT THAT A "900 POUND GORILLA" (JACK, WAS THAT THE ACTUAL WEIGHT OR JUST HOW IT FELT?) CAME AFTER THEM TO CHANGE THIS SITES NAME. I FELT THAT E/L WAS STUPID IN THAT ATTACK AS THIS SITE GENERATES INTEREST ($$$$$$$$) IN THEIR PRODUCTS.
WE ALL LET WHAT HAPPENED TO LISA AND JACK GO BY WITHOUT TOO MUCH FUROR. MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL THINK ABOUT THIS SITUATION WITH WOODY AND IF DOCUMENTED WE COULD GIVE THAT "GORILLA" AN IDEA OF HOW UNHAPPY WE ARE.
I BUY FOR THE SAME REASON THAT I AM SURE MOST OF YOU DO, I THINK THESE ARE CUTE AND I ENJOY DISPLAYING THEM. IN REALITY, I AM SURE THAT I COULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO AMUSE MYSELF WITH INSTEAD OF THEIR PRODUCT.
GAIL C.

#59 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:04 AM

I have been on holiday and have only just gotten around to reading all this. I can hardly believe what I read, [Eek!] but, I have met Woody and know this must have happened and exactly the way he said. It is interesting that he got a phone call. They aren't stupid enough to put pen to paper are they??? [Suspicious] Oh how I wish they had. Woody I am really vexed for you and hope it didn't sour your holiday in any way. In fact I hope the holiday blotted it out of your mind for a while. I could have emailed Woody and told him this but I wanted to add my name to the Woody supporters club. It would be awful if it made us all afraid to actually say what we feel here on the site. Obviouslly it hasn't by all your posts here, so, good for all of you. [Smile] Freedom of speech is important. Over here we have a Data Protection Act and I'm just wondering if EL have in any way infringed some similar American law. Where did they get his phone number from etc.,?
At the moment though, I have a mental picture flitting through my head of Woody, wearing dark glasses and a raincoat, approaching someone in the street, whipping open his coat and, showing off twenty solids dangling from little pockets in the inside of his coat, saying "psst, wanna buy some solids?" I wish I could draw but you can all have your own vision of this. I cannot wait to hear what Woody is going to do or what reply we get (if ever) from EL. Don't stop selling Woody. As someone here said earlier, it may have been a rival who dobbed you in so if that is the case you are making it easier for them to sell their goods. I wonder if you are the only seller to be targetted in this way. It has often been mentioned that we thought that EL did drop into this site to spy ocassionally I wonder if that was the case. (I do hate to think that someone from here would stoop so low.)
I am still without a computer and as I have now confirmed my booking for New York in December I may have to do without one for a while longer.
Dear Santa, as well as lots of solids this Christmas, please send me a laptop. I have been a good girl, honest. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Nancy

#60 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:31 AM

Nancy,

Hope you had a good holiday, I certainly have missed your posts as you always make me laugh! [Big Grin]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users