• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:25 PM

But Woody....Why you? It's not like you're the only solid buyer in the world. There has to be a reason for this. Look at Lisa's post about the Strongwater solids. 30? And why aren't they going after all the folks selling E.L. makeup?

Plus, the only people who basically know who you buy from are on this site.

Plus, I'm sure there are "real" dealers out there who buy many, many more compacts than you, and sell them much higher.

This is the first I've ever heard of such an occurrence. (Especially by a company that just lost a lawfuit for price-fixing!) Do you mean to say that you are no longer allowed to buy E.L. Solids from LV and NY? How about Neiman's, Sak's, Bergdorf's, etc....Is anything in writing? I'd certainly not sign a damn thing!

You have NO idea how upset I am about this. We both need more wine...at least I do. (You were right, by the way. Much better than Tylenol. [Big Grin] )

Later...
Michele

#32 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:26 PM

Brigitte,

The limit of 6 of the same item to one customer is a Lauder rule not the department store. The department store will tell you to sell whatever- but don't ring up more than 6 of the same item on one receipt, that is how they avoid getting in trouble with Lauder.

Hey, I did get laid off in January.........

Woody,
Don't let this spoil your vacation, I will buy solids for you if you still want them. [Big Grin] Have a great time!

[ October 08, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#33 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:05 PM

Have a lovely holiday, Woody!

#34 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 11:12 PM

O.K. Guys.....I have read every single entry on this despicable subject..... TWICE!!

Woody, I am so very sorry. I will be honest, had it been me, I probably would have hung up in disbelief and shock! After thinking about this,my feelings are simply outrage and complete revulsion. [Mad] [Mad] How dare they?? I would seriously consider having legal council investigate this matter.

I'm thinking of you and don't want you to be upset over these " idiots ". We are all supporting you. I will be so happy to shop for anything that you are wanting here.

Just remember....your integrity is unquestionable!

Have a good trip!!

Your Texas Buddy...
Mimi

#35 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 05:32 AM

Ann -

You raised the question of how one could contact EL. Now really, you know that all one has to do is call the Manager of either Stand-Alone store, complain often enough about individuals you know who buy there, possibly threaten them with pulling one's business & God knows what else, and said Manager would then almost have to contact Corporate and report the alleged offender just to get the caller off his back. (Not to mention covering his a** and saving his/her job. The rep who sold the items would probably be fired also. You see, this whole scenario has an incredible "trickle down" edge to it, doesn't it?)

Buyer is black-listed; Rep is fired; Caller has a tremendous sense of self-righteousness, because God knows the Caller has never done anything remotely "improper" in his or her life, right?

Mission accomplished....how hard is that to understand? [Puzzled]

Must run...have to get 2 very large boxes ready to go to the post office and back to Estee Lauder. [Big Grin]

Have a wonderful day...

Michele

[ October 09, 2003, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#36 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:04 AM

Woody,

I am so sorry to hear this. I read your post in such disgust and disbelief in how you were treated by EL. It just doesn't seem right.

You can certainly add my support among your collector-friends here.

Have a great vacation and I look forward to your posts when you return.

Take care, Jeanette

#37 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:23 AM

Good morning. One final note before I leave. As my mind was reeling through the night over the events of the day, I thought about all the things I should have said to the Estee Corporate Rep. Like, when asked who I sold to, I should have said, "Well, for one, the Estee Lauder Company Reps at the 2003 Las Vegas Compact Convention". What do you think the response would have been to that? I also told the Estee rep at the convention - who was haggling over the prices of the solids - that I did this for fun and the friendship of my fellow collectors...and when it wasn't fun anymore, I wouldn't do it. Enough said.

#38 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:44 AM

I am so sorry for that terrible experience Woody! Regardless of how it happened, it happened and EL is disgraceful! I would seriously consult an attorney about it! It's bad enough that they called you about your purchase, but I can't believe they went on to ask you for the identity of people you trade with! [Mad] With all the $$$ you spent, they have a lot of nerve! They are a multi-million dollar company and someone once told me that the solids only constitute a very small percentage of their overall revenue...why in the hell are they so "Nazi"-like with their solids??? This reminds of one of the cosmetic company stores that keeps a black book of customers who buy from them and they track what you buy, when and the quantity and they limit you to a lifetime max of 3 solids! I thought that was bad, but doing that to someone paying full price for the solids is even worse! [Mad] Makes me want to give up EL solid collecting altogether!

#39 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 11:38 PM

I can't believe this. I'm so sorry Woody. I've actually dealt with you and there isn't a nicer person to deal with. I would have done the exact same thing you did, when someone calls up out of the blue, you are so surprised that you answer the most outrageous questions because we are all trained to be polite. This is awful. If there is ever a place to write, a signed petition by everyone, please let me know, I'd be proud to support Woody in any action he chooses to take.

#40 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 03:15 PM

Woody,
I too, am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I have dealt with you also and was very pleased. This is really strange though, because I recently received my SAKS bill with charges for 2 Strongwater solids that I didn't even order. So I called and asked what the deal was and they assured me it would be straightend out and credited back to my account. Last year when I ordered, they sent me 2 of everything in which I didn't order. They didn't seem to have any problem with sending me multiplies, however I didn't need 2 of everything, so I sent some of them back. It is really strange that some rep would have the nerve to do that! I, too am thinking about selling most of my solids and not buying anymore unless I can catch a steal on EBAY or luck out at a garage sale! It sure makes me not want to support Estee Lauder Empire [Mad] Have a good trip and know that you have all our support!
Gayla

#41 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 06:12 PM

My CCS told me that they keep track of everything and will not sell me even 2 of anything even if I tell them that one of them is a gift! This has been going on for a while there.
Jeannie

#42 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:33 PM

Hi Jeannie,

We have gotten use to the CC stores treating us like criminals but this is so different.

We just find this so strange.

Ann & Ken

#43 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:00 AM

over in Singapore, the EL salesgirl always ask for my ID no. after my purchase. They said it is for record purpose, so that they will send pomotions leaflet only to the active buyers. I feel very uneasy about this, each time I buy a duplicate solids, I feel pressurised, i felt being monitored for what I spent, even my mother do not do that to me. Why should I submit to such a treatment after paying so much??
After reading Woody case, I feel worst. So the next time they asked me again, I am going to retaliate back .

#44 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:49 AM

The reps I know at one of the company stores told me that Estee tracks sales of the solids.
I know it is hard to think fast in that type of situation but if any others get such a call try to remember to have a pencil and paper and after the call hit *69. Maybe you will get the number of the person who just called.

#45 FragrantPetals

FragrantPetals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 06:04 AM

One asks the question: 'Does Esteelauder want to sell their products or not?' If they do, they really go a strange way about it!

Considering the Lauder background, I don't think they personally would agree to such disgusting tactics!

I rest my case!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users