47 replies to this topic

#1 Kali

Kali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 12:47 PM

Hi all!

I just received in the mail the Harrods' solid perfume booklet. It shows the teddy a little differently than the picture posted on the site: The rim around the hat is black-instead of gold colored and the hat around the bears face is now gold instead of being filled in with black enameling which makes it very difficult to tell where his face ends and the hat starts? Also, it doesn't say Harrods on the foot. Any idea if the bear will be coming like this, or coming as he is in the picture on this site?

Thanks,
Kali

[ October 21, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Kali ]

#2 Sis

Sis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:08 PM

New to this site. Would like to know where I can receive the Harrods catalog of solids? Would like to see them. thanks

#3 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 03:10 PM

Looks like Harrods either have a problem with their printer or their solids as the catalogue also has the picture of the General Distribution Dragonfly (which retails for $75) under the Jay Strongwater solids with a price of 275 hope the picture is wrong and it's not the GD Dragonfly they are selling for 275!!!
You can ask Harrods to send you one direct.
It does not have the whole range they sell in there, just their exclusive ones.
Regards
Maggie [Cool]

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 04:26 PM

The bears arrived today at Harrods, so everyone will be receiving their orders soon! I really didn't study him, so cannot answer your questions but will have a good look next time. Will phone them tomorrow and ask! That would be the easiest way.

Well, they certainly do have some amazing solids right now, and under the artificial lights they really looked wonderful!

Briefly, they have the Around the World Collection which is available exclusively to Harrods. India Paisley, Italy Venetian Glass, Morocco Mosaic Tile, Japan Al Crane (beautiful),
Japan Iraqi and Year of the Monkey. All at 95
NinetyFive Pounds Sterling.

Zodiac Collection. All at 40 Forty pounds Sterling

Timeless Collection.

Loved the World Traveller,
Chain Link
Classic Quilt all at 30 Thirty Pounds Sterling

Harrods Collection which you know.

Bear, Taxi and Telephone Booth

Shimmering Las Vegas

Showgirl 270 Two Hundred and Seventy Pounds
Palm Tree 155 One hundred and fifty five pounds

Will type some more tomorrow....

Need to get some shut eye!

Jacky [Sleep] [Sleep]

#5 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the bears, Jacky, can't wait to see him in person! [Silly] [Big Grin] [Cool]

#6 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:32 AM

How long does it take the Harrod's bear to get from England to it's destination in the U.S. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also, I don't believe the India Paisley is exclusive to Harrod's as NM had them also. Lovely. [Wink]

Have a lovely day...

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:40 AM

Michele,

I should imagine they mean it is exclusive to Harrods in the U.K. That I interpret as no other store here having the particular ones mentioned except for Harrods.

With regard to how long it can take as far as posting is concerned, all I can ask is 'how long is a piece of string?' I sent a package to Australia on the Saturday and they received it on the Thursday! I have sent packages to California and it has taken weeks! So Michele, I suppose it is the luck of the draw!

Glad you enjoyed the Magic Slipper! Will have to send another story your way soon!

Jacky [New Laugh]

[ October 22, 2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#8 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 11:22 PM

Jacky -

The Magic Slipper story still has me laughing. It was like a tennis match. Great serves and deliveries! Wow! Match...Game! You two just kept it going back and forth so smoothly...and hysterically...it was like instant messaging with a great story! [Silly] Pick another solid and give it another try...you have an untapped talent between the two of you! [New Laugh]

Thanks for the info on the shipping also. I did receive a catalogue of the solids from Harrod's and the bears head seems a little squished down. Is he like that in "real" life, assuming he was on display also? And are there really, truly only 400 of each? If you count all the bears from years past on eBay, that means sellers bought up about 325, leaving 75 for collectors! [Big Grin]

Also, they still have the Harrod's Solid for sale...but it looks like one corner is broken off. They're definitely looking at some major restoration of their building. [Big Grin] If you have the booklet, take a look and see if it looks ok to you.

Again, thank you for your help...appreciate it.

[Sleep] Michele [Sleep]

#9 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:34 PM

The Harrods Bear is really lovely, I prefer it to last years one!
It does have Harrods 2003 on it's left foot, same as last year!
The red enammeling (unsure of spelling) s almost exactly the same as the Trolley Bus!
He has black crystals for eyes which do sparkle.
The black round the hood does go right up to the Bears ears, unlike the picture on the catalogue.
I was pleasantly surprised!
It is lovely and less have been made this year than last year!
Only 400 this year.
Hope this info helps.
Regards
Maggie [Cool]
Ooops only just seen Lisa's picture on this from back in June, that is exatly what he looks like!
Don't quite know what wrong with Harrods catalogue!

[ October 26, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:45 AM

Hi Maggie -

Thanks for the update on the new Harrod's Bear. Since you say he's ok, I'll try to order one tomorrow. However, with only 400 being manufactured, my chances are probably slim. Should have done it much earlier but have never ordered from them before. Am a little nervous, what with the problems I've read about from other U.S. collectors. [Roll Eyes]

Take care,
Michele

[ October 27, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#11 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:23 AM

Hi Michele,
Don't be nervous, speak to Allison and she will really take care of you!
I'm sure there are bears left as I saw some on Saturday!
But I would get it a.s.a.p as they will start going pretty quickly!
It really is cute and so snug in his red jacket!
Take care
Maggie [Cool]

[ October 27, 2003, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: lauderlady ]

#12 Kali

Kali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

Maggie,

Thank you for the update on the bear! I can't wait to get him!! I'm glad the catalogue picture wasn't right!

Michele-I have ordered solids from Harrods for the last 2 years and-knock on wood-have never encountered any problems!

Thanks again Maggie!

And Good Luck Michele!

[ October 27, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Kali ]

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:46 AM

Maggie and Kali -

Thanks for the positive reinforcement...will let you know what happens. Ordered the Phone Booth also as it's so sharp, and we have virtually no phone booths left in the U.S. Ours weren't as nice as England's, anyway.

Michele

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:19 AM

Maggie,

Next time you are coming to town give me a call. We should be able to get together for a short while.

Michele, if you have a problem getting through, just give an email and will pass on. Meanwhile Annette you should have heard and also everyone else whose names were passed on to the relevant personnel.

Maggie is 100 percent correct re the solids, but I would be surprised if they sold out prior to December! We shall see!

[ October 27, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#15 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:05 AM

I received my Harrods solids yesterday and I love them all. I like the amber coloured crystal where it should say Taxi at the front and I love teddies anyway but this years is really nice with his 'festive' red jacket. They seem to be going with an oriental theme this year with his jacket the Chine love knot, Tsuro (spelling) Fan, the Crane, Junk etc. My favouite though has to be the Telephone Box. It is great the way the door opens to reveal the telephone and then opens again to reveal the perfume. I think this one will sell out fast. Do we know who designed this one?

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users