• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:46 AM

Happy Halloween? Do not be so premature with your words of greeting!

The Witches' cauldrons are still bubbling eschewing their venom, and blood curdling screams can still be heard echoing throughout the night! Dark cloaks hide the faces of evil and Esmerelda must tread carefully to avoid the dangers that lurk within.

Remember your Granny's words! She was no fool! Her rantings and ravings were handed to you as a gift so that you may continue with the task which she has set for you alone!

Be warned! Take care! The Scarecrow may be dead, or so it would seem! The forces of evil are still with you. Old Sister will tell you that!

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:17 AM

Sooooo, Jacky....how are things going in the Coven? Everybody happy?

Get those Capes ironed off...point those little hats...it's almost that time! [Big Grin]

Have a great day...double check the oil in your broomsticks.... [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken...can you come up with a Halloween picture??? Black cat?

Love the story (stories?)...

[ October 29, 2003, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:28 AM

Hello Michele,

Yes the pointed caps are ready. The broom sticks are oiled and my door is double locked to ward off evil spirits.

Jeannie woke me with a blood curdling scream this morning! I did not turn off the computer completely, so she gave me quite a start! Say no more!

I hope all the Narrators of this tale will heed the warnings. I shall!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

#19 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:55 AM

Ooooooooh....I am so glad that the "TALE" continues. [Eek!]

Jacky, Martha, Ron, Linda....everyone.... I am ready for the next installment.

Gives me "shivers"! Ann and Ken ....please bring on the spooks!!

Bela, Boris and the Wolfman would be proud!!!

Mimi

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:42 PM

As soon as the sun sets they will appear.

#21 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:44 PM

After spooking Jacky with a blood curdling wicked laugh, Jeannie gave Jacky some of her calming brew so they could find the other witch to create the potion to spook EL execs into getting some common sense!
In the meantime, Jeannie is working on how to make it rain hot now all the time Krispy Kremes over Jacky's house morning, noon, and night! (Devilish, wicked laugh).

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:41 PM

Old Sister looked around apprehensively as she prepared more of Jeannie's calming brew. Esmerelda had not returned and a deep sense of foreboding permeated the musty air. My head felt heavy and my sense of uneasiness escalated with every thundering tick of the Old Clock, it's voluminous face leering back at me seemingly enjoying my obvious disquiet!

I took the cracked misshapen mug which Old Sister handed me, my hands trembling as I slowly swallowed the disgusting potion. Frogs legs, snails, maggots, worms and even discarded skins of reptiles, all contrived to keeping us safe and out of harms way! The very thought made me gag as it slowly trickled down my throat.

'I hope you feel a little better now!' Old Sister patted my hand. 'I think we had better pray.' 'Pray for the return of Esmerelda and for your Granny buried on Rattlesnake Ridge!' 'My Granny?' I choked. 'She is long gone. She cannot help us now!'

Old Sister smiled. 'Look!' she said, pointing to a mirror which hung from a rusty nail over an old brick fireplace. 'Look' her bony finger jabbed into the air. I froze in horror, afraid of what I was now about to see.....

[ October 29, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#23 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

A quick flight over to the dragon's castle will bring new spells and new witches at the next full moon.

user posted image

(A Myrna Pons Witch Solid Perfume)

[ October 29, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#24 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 08:06 PM

I slowly brought myself to the mirror. As I raised my face to look into the mirror I saw that I was gazing into my Granny's face. Her eyes were as steel grey as I remembered them. Then she spoke to me. "Remember what I taught you child" and then she dissappeared.
The words ecohed in my brain. I strained to remember what she ment.

#25 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 08:23 PM

"GOODGODAMIGHTY!!!" I screamed as I almost jumped out of my skin. The pounding I thought was my heart was a pounding at the door. "Open up, open this door! It's the Law!"

Old Sister meandered toward the door, taking her time opening it. I realized she felt in control when she could make the Law wait on her, an old crone like that. When she opened the door, it was none other than Billy Dean Cooper.

I've always thought it was silly to call a grown man Billy, but I guess Bill Dean would sound even sillier. People talked about him running shine and gettin by with it because he was the Law. But I didn't believe it.

"What you want?" Old Sister said. "There's been a man kilt tonight," Billy said. "Found his body in a cornfield down by Old County Line Road. It looks like he been burned alive. All's that left is a bunch of charred rags. You know anything about this, Sister?" How bout you, Ruby?" I thought to myself, my God, what have we done?

#26 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:21 AM

'Why you be bothering us?' Old Sister muttered. 'Me an old spent dried up hag of a woman and her....' she looked towards me, a steely glint in her eye, 'and her? She aint ready for all of this. Too young, too stupid to understand the likes of what can happen here. Leave us be. We aint no murderers!' Billy Dean looked back at her defiantly. 'Yeah, Yeah! I know that don't I! Just thought you'd be able to help. All your witches' brew and magic tricks, that's all. Nuttin to get het up about. Ma and Pa always told me to come to visit if things weren't right. So looks like I'm doing what they said. Now aint that something else!'

Old Sister grinned. 'Sit down with us and have some brew!' She watched as Billy Dean forced the vile concoction to his lips before cackling on:

This brew is made of slugs and warts,
Of Magic Potions too.
And it will help you in your quest
To find out all that's true.
The body you found burned and charred
With nothing left but rags,
Was that of Scarecrow, Billy Dean,
So don't be feelin sad!

'OK, OK, I get it now' Billy Dean rose handing back the half empty mug! 'If anything else happens I'll be knocking on your door. A man needs a helpin hand dont he?' 'Oh and by the way, forgot to tell ya, someone been messin with one of the old graves out there. Nutting to worry I spose. Graves are graves and all that's there be old bones. Not much value in those!'

Old Sister closed the door gently behind him! She shrugged her shoulders before pointing to the mirror again. 'Seems like we got better things to do than entertaining the likes of him!' she muttered...........................

[ October 30, 2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#27 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:25 PM

I was trying so hard to remember what Granny had told me, so many years ago. As I looked into the mirror, I was no longer afraid. "Granny," I said aloud, "it's Ruby, your granddaugher. Please tell me what to do," I begged. And it was as if I was looking into a dream, all surrounded by a mist that covered me like a soft blanket. "The answer's in the amulet, girl," a voice whispered. "Find my silver amulet," the voice even fainter now, "the one with the turquoise stone." "Tell me where to look, Granny," I said, but she was already gone. All I saw in the mirror now was my own reflection.

#28 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:55 PM

Sister said to me"Sit down here Ruby." I did as she ordered. Now I want you to watch this here shinney medal. Kepp your eyes on it. Thats right. Watch it swing back and forth. That was the last I remembered before hearing Sister say Wake up girl. Wake up. "What happened?" I asked. "I just used an old trick to help you remember where your Grannies amulet is." "Where did I put it? I asked. "You remeber where your special hiding place for your important things was as a child"? I nodded my head yes. "Well thats were its hidden."

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:51 PM

I looked towards the mirror once more. 'Granny' I called hesitantly. 'Granny are you there?'

A shattering of glass made me scream with fright as I grabbed hold of Old Sister's bony arm. 'Look away!' she hissed. 'Look away or you'll be sucked in by the devil if you don't.'

A whirring noise seemed to be hovering above my head as Old Sister pulled me down onto the hard wooden floor. Tap! Tap! Tap! I began to feel a sticky wetness on my face. Tap! Tap! Tap! Small droplets of blood began to form rivulets on the floor by my side. ''Sister! Sister!' I yelled as the disembodied head came down to face me, its non-existent eyes staring into mine and its slashed mouth curled upwards in an evil grin! 'Don't move girl' Sister ordered as I watched her from the corner of my eye. Slowly she began crawling towards the door, the disembodied face now laughing grotesquely daring me to move!

'Come to me now!' Old Sister called out mockingly. 'I dare you to come to me!' For a brief moment the disembodied head seemed to jerk forwards and then let forth a horrendous piercing scream. It danced around in pain, not knowing which way to turn, its mouth wide open gasping for every breath! Old Sister cackled as Jeannie's boiling hot brew poured over its head, distorting its ugly features into thin air!

'That'll teach you to mess with the likes of me!' she laughed out loud. 'Come Ruby. Pull yourself together girl. It's time we went to find the answer to all these evil spirits. Time to put an end to them once and for all and the answer aint here so let's be gone!' ................

[ October 31, 2003, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Jacqueline ]

#30 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

An so our trek began out into the night. I wish I had thought to wear warmer clothes, but my faded barn jacket would have to do. "Ruby," sister said, "whatever possessed you to pick that old cave for a hidin' place? Thought you would of been scairt to even go in there. Full of bats, it is, and likely as not that old bobcat that roams these woods at night sleeps in there. You are a foolish girl, Ruby."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users