• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 10:40 PM

I just bought the pink one this weekend at CC. It's not a pale pink. It's more of a magenta. I think it's called Rock Star or something like that. I'll try to post the name of it tomorrow.
Jeannie

#17 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:31 PM

Lisa,
Do you know if Saks is going to have the Holiday 2003 blue powder compacts? Or should I be contacing another store for those compacts.

Barb

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:56 PM

The blue ones are from Neiman Marcus. [Big Grin]

Ann

#19 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:15 PM

Thanks Ann! [Big Grin]

#20 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:52 PM

Hi Folks,
I just spoke with Shari Pinna from Neiman Marcus in FT. Lauderdale, FL. The new 2003 powder compacts should be in the store a couple of days before the August 13th Preview Show. [Smile] [Smile]

They now have names for the three blue powder compacts that show the name as TBD . They are as follows:
Bermuda Blue Blossom, Blue India Paisley and China Blue Love Knot (the one with the tassel).

P.S. Lisa - Shari is sending you an invitaion to the Preview Show.

Barb

#21 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:48 AM

Hi everyone,

FYI, while I was in Manhattan last week I visited Saks and the EL salesperson there indicated to me that their exclusive powder compacts will not be available anytime soon. Appparently they ran into production problems and are not happy with the way the compacts were turning out.

I am going to check with the EL salesperson at my Saks but in the meantime thought I'd check with all of you to see if anyone else has heard this??

Jeanette [Confused]

#22 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:54 PM

These compacts are gorgeous. Do you know if there is a sunflower compact to match the sunflower solid?
Bye, KK [Smile]

#23 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:36 PM

Hi everyone. I am adding on to Jeanette's comments. My Saks rep told me today that they were not getting any of the original compacts that were originally designed due to problems. I am very bummed! Hopefully someone can confirm. Anyone else heard anything?

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

Sad but true Woody.

The Sak's Fleur-de-lis, Italy Stained Glass , Belgium Lace & Monoccan Mosaic Tile will not be made and will be replaced by a different design for Nov. release.

Ann

#25 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:37 PM

Ann,
I'm so dissapointed! [Frown] [Frown] I really wanted the Fleur-di-Lis and the Marocon Mosaic tile. Do you ahve any info on why the change? I could see there might be a problem making one of the compacts but all of them??? What gives?

Barb

#26 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:58 PM

Ooh - my favorite is that fleur-de-lys. Lovely! [Eek!]

#27 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:07 PM

Wow [Eek!] I'm lucky I don't collect the powders too. They're lovely and it's hard enough as it is with so many solids around vying for my wallet [Smile]

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:31 PM

Yes, me too!! The Fluer de whatever was my favorite and I do think I might have gone for that one.

[Frown]
Keep your eyes peeled on ebay as I am sure some of the prototypes will be offered for sale! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#29 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:25 PM

Ann,

Thanks for clearing this up for us. I was disappointed too to hear that they would not be making these compacts. [Frown] Can't wait to see what they introduce in November!

And it will be interesting to see if any prototypes will turn up on ebay.

Jeanette

#30 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:05 PM

Hi All,

I am just wondering if maybe the rumored shakeup in designers might have something to do with this.
If Lieber is taking over she would want to design her own. I find it hard to believe that there were "production" problems with all 4 compacts as was stated when they were delayed.

And has anyone seen or heard of Bob Conte doing any signings this year??? If not that would make the rumors more believable.

Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users