4 replies to this topic

#1 Meeks

Meeks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 08:54 AM

Im sorry, I need to vent a minute...
Okay, so I got a long awaited perfectly wonderful un-used solid in the mail yesterday. It was over 90 here, and the beautiful thing sat in my oven of a mail box all day... The solid melted into a jelly like brown ooze.
How do I know you ask? Because me being the dumb blonde/clutz/moron/idiot/ (Ill continue now...) that I am, I went to open it (Of course I HAD to open it!) and STUCK MY THUMB RIGHT IN IT! All the way down to the bottom!
And now not only have I ruined a perfectly good unused solid, but I STINK LIKE OLD LADY! It could have been a pretty fragrance like Beautiful or Pleasures, nooooooo it HAD to be Youth Dew, even my husband commented that I smell like his Grandmother! I have washed my hands a hundred times, but the stink wont come off!
I cant believe that I did this! [Frown]
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Please share, misery loves company!

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 09:46 AM

Yes, Meeks I have done the same thing several times. If you need to "fix" the remaining perfume in the solid you can heat it with a hair dryer to melt it again. [Razz]

#3 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 01:09 PM

Hi Meeks,
This often happens to me when I am looking for solids at Flea Markets in the summertime. What a mess.
Also Lisa thanks for the tip about the hair dryer. In the past I have placed solids that I purchased from Flea Markets in the freezer [Big Grin] [Big Grin] so the wax would get hard again.
Now you see why we need this site, it's so informative and fun.
Thanks again,
Colette

#4 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 08:32 PM

Hi Meeks - How about putting it back in your mailbox to melt again - seems to have been the perfect temp. [Wink]

#5 Meeks

Meeks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 08:47 AM

LOL Thats a good idea! First Im gonna try Lisas suggestion and use the hair dryer. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users