• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:39 PM

My Rep. ran out the first day as she only got 2. Must have all gone to Philly. [Big Grin]
It's like the solids , one store will get many and another store will get none.

Sak's sells Jay Strongwater also as do all the fine jewelry and Dept. stores.
NM gets some that are exclusive to them.

Ann

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:43 PM

Oh dear...now I feel guilty. Wait...it's passing. Whew...I'm better.

Call again tomorrow...ask for the Lemer cosmetics dept...they'll find you one. This is NOT exclusive to Estee Lauder.

Good luck,
Michele

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:53 PM

ooops...Lauder owns Lemer. Ok...ask for any other Cosmetics Counter (except Clinique or Bobbi Brown)...they'll get you one. Again, best of luck. You of all people MUST have a mirror! (Love that tiny printing....)

Michele

#19 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:22 PM

Let me relate my little "tale of woe".

After reading everyone's comments about the Strongwater mirrors, I called my S.A. at Neiman's. She told me that they only gave the mirror during "Beauty Week" and that it was a G.W.P. Of course, I had just purchased two solids a couple of weeks before... but that didn't count! She said that they "ran out of mirrors and were giving rain checks and THEN they ran out of rain checks!! She said it was embarrasing to have to tell the customer(s) that they (EL) wouldn't even redeem the the R.C.'s.

I was "ticked". Now isn't that a "fine kettle of fish"!! It was bad, bad, bad customer service from the "git go".

Whew......I feel better...but I'm still "ticked"!!

Mimi

#20 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:07 AM

Mimi:

That's just not true. The fact is...the card came with a GWP during Beauty Week. The mirror is supposed to be available as long as supplies hold out. Since folks are just finding out about it, I suggest you call other Neiman's and see if they have the mirror.

Either that or the reps grabbed them all and put them on eBay (in some cases -- not all.) [Frown]

Best of luck...
Michele

[ October 07, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#21 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:44 PM

After reading all of these posts about the mirror [Eek!] , I ran to NM during lunch today to pick-up mine. I received my card during Beauty Week as a GWP (as Michelle mentioned). Initially I was told they were all out [Eek!] [Eek!] but fortunately another salesperson came to the rescue and scurried one up for me [Big Grin] . It is beautiful. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#22 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:55 PM

Jeanette,
Did you get the mirror with the butterfly or the cardinal?

Barb

#23 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:57 PM

Mimi,

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal with NM. I'd be ticked too! Your SA should have given you the heads-up on the beauty event and offered to ring up your solids during the event so you'd receive all these great freebies! We certainly pay enough for these solids, it is nice to get a GWP too!

The SA at the NM near me had offered to do this for me which worked out quite well. In fact, there is an In Circle event at the end of this month where she will ring up another solid for me so I can take advantage of more freebies. She will pull the solids I've selected so they will not be sold to anyone else until the event(s) take place. So I purchased two solids during the Beauty Event and I will purchase another one during the In Circle Event.

And the SA at the Saks near me will do the same for me as well. In fact, Saks Beauty Week begins tomorrow, so she will ring up one of the solids for me and has spread out all five of the Strongwater solids between now and the end of the year so I can take advantage of all the events, including double & triple point days. Also, on Oct. 9-11 at Saks, if you purchase $250-499, you get a $50 gift card, which you could apply to another solid purchase! [Wink]

I'd be happy to give you a heads-up when I learn of these events from the SAs I deal with at NM & Saks. Hope this helps. [Smile]

Take care, Jeanette [Big Grin]

#24 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:59 PM

Barb,

I got the butterfly, but would love a cardinal (being from VA and all). I didn't know they had a cardinal. Drats!

Thanks, Jeanette [Silly]

#25 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:12 PM

I'd really like to hear that someone else received the cardinal mirror as I gave mine to my neighbor...she loves Cardinals. Has special bird feeders all over her property. It's a kitty-cats playground and makes me extremely nervous. [Eek!] [Eek!]

If this one was a "mistake" and I gave it away, I'm going to be a little, what is the word I'm looking for.....? [Confused] [Confused]

[ October 07, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#26 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:05 PM

Michele,
When I checked the Strongwater mirrors on E-Bay they were all the ones with the buttuerfly. No Cardinals. The butterfly is Neiman Marcus's logo. My SA's going to check and see if she can find one with the cardinal on it for me.

Barb

#27 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:32 AM

Thanks everyone, for your information regarding the mirrors. Jeanette, I would like to get the name of your Neiman's S.A.

My Neiman's will not HOLD anything. I specifically asked, when I purchased my last two solids, if they would hold them until In Circle or Beauty Week . I wanted my Double Points AND I wanted my purchases credited toward the Beauty Week event. I have spent a lot of money in that store (as we all have, purchasing solids).

My S.A. told me that her manager went through the "Hold Items" and that any that were unpaid beyond one week were reshelved.

I didn't particularly like that explanation [Frown] ....but now, in retrospect and with our topic on Good P.R. it really "ticks" me.

End of story. So any referrals would be appreciated. Ann, I know that you are happy with your Ft. Worth rep. Please, may I have her info.

I love my S.A. at Neiman's....but if they can't do better for me than that....I will go somewhere else!!

Thanks for listening again....I promise I'm through "growling" now!! [Mad]

Best to all,

Mimi

#28 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:55 AM

Hi Mimi, I buy my Solids from Donna at Bergdorfs in New York. She is wonderful! I think Lisa has the contact info. listed for her. If not let me know. She is so friendly and dependable and tries to work with me to take advantage of promotions. The only thing is that Bergdorfs doesn't always have the same promotions as Neimans but then they also have their own promotions that Neimans does not have. [Smile]

[ October 09, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Lauder Lover ]

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 12:30 PM

Yes, Donna is wonderful and she get the NM solids as well as the general distribution. You get the tax break from her as well (not sure which states are excluded from it) Her contact information is above.

My rep at NM is also great- Shari her information is also above.

#30 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 08:00 PM

Neiman Marcus stores are doing presell for Incircle points now. There are gifts in just about every cosmetic line. Double points are on Neiman Marcus charge purchases. The actual event is Oct. 23, 24, and 25. Call your store for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users