• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 12:36 PM

My local EL Rep called to let me know the general distributions solids were in. I bought the Cardinal, which I had previoiusly passed on; but when I saw it in person decided it was too cute to pass on again. It's a brilliant red and a beautiful piece.

Anyway, the EL Rep knows that I'm a collector of the compacts, too. She had the Timepiece compact that was without a box and knew she would not be able to sell it, so it was offered to me as a gift. I thought this was a very kind thing to do for one of her customers and also good public relations! [Big Grin]

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:16 PM

Martha,

Nice to hear! That is the essence of good P.R.

Enjoy,

Jacky

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:48 PM

Martha,

Glad to hear someone is getting good customer service especially after I got such poor customer service today at Nordstroms [Mad]

I really still am burnt up about what happened (if anyone missed what happened it is under the cupids garden thread) [Roll Eyes]

#4 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:01 AM

Martha -

You have a lovely rep...she's a keeper so don't let her get away!

Lisa - I feel so bad about your experience at Nordstrom's, [Frown] [Frown] but they've done the same thing to me twice. They don't get a third shot. That's why I count on Mickey and only Mickey to find most of my solids. She keeps her word and never forgets anyone or anything. [Wink]

I still have MY Neiman's [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . My rep might have missed Geography 101, but she's a doll. Never forgets which solids I want or don't want, and isn't at all pushy.

Must get out of here and zoom back to Neiman's...I should be on their payroll...they have another Strongwater mirror for me to see. And it's free! That's what I call excellent Customer Service! [Smile] [Smile]

Have a wonderful Sunday...will check back in this evening.
[Silly]

#5 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 12:55 PM

Michele,
Did Jay Strongwater do more than one design in those little mirrors for your pocketbook? If so let us know what this one looks like.

Take care,
Barb

Lisa I'm sorry to hear of your incounter at Nordstroms! With the kind of money EL collectors spend you would think they would want to be on their best behavior!

Barb

#6 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:05 PM

Barb -

I can't put up a picture as my camera is misbehaving; however, I now have one mirror with a lovely butterfly and 4 crystals on it...sort of 3 dimensional enameling...and a cardinal with a pale green background and a flower with stones in the center. The enameling on both is lovely.

Did you notice that the handles have his name imprinted? I think that's a nice touch for something so petite, don't you? Just a lovely little gift. My rep also gave me another little bottle of Beyond Paradise in the baby blue bag. Very pretty on my vanity! [Wink]

Michele

#7 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:26 AM

Hi Michele,
I did notice Jay's name on the handle of the mirror. And it is a very nice touch. When they sent my compacts there were two mirrors in the carton. But they were both with the butterfly and flowers. How nice that you were able to get one with the cardinel.

Barb

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:43 PM

Excellent, excellent, excellent to hear, Martha!

You must be a lovely lady too for the rep to just come out and offer you things like that . . . I know a lot of the time it's 'expected' by customers, so when it's not it makes it all the more worthwhile! [Wink]

I think good PR is a dying art in this modern world . . . [Puzzled]

#9 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:44 PM

Hi Michele and Nicki,

why does NM give these Strongwater mirrors as a gift??? They don't sell the Strongwater solids???

Take care,

Brigitte

[ October 06, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Brigitte ]

#10 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:54 PM

Hi Brigitte,

NM sells most all of the Jay Strongwater collections except for the EL perfume solids.

Every year they give out a Jay Strongwater piece to their customers. Last year it was a beautiful dragonfly frame.

The coupons for the mirrors have been selling on ebay for about $10 and the mirrors themselves for about $50.

The coupons were in the GWP bags this year.

Ann

#11 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 08:00 PM

Ann:

You're kidding, yes? I mean, I enjoy eBay and buying and selling, but not the mirrors. They're a once and done deal...if you sell it, you won't have one! That makes no sense at all, and God knows I'd sell my first born if I'd make any sort of profit! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Michele

ps...only kidding...he's a keeper. [Wink]

#12 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 08:15 PM

Right now there are 5 mirrors and 13 coupons on ebay not to mention all the ones in completed auctions.

Ann

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 08:48 PM

That means there are going to be 18+ people who are going to be very disappointed in the near future that they did not hold on to their mirrors.

Honestly, they're just incredible little works of art. Love them!

#14 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:20 PM

Hi Ann & Ken,

thanks a lot for the explanations. I wonder why they sell all Strongwater pieces beside the EL solids. Sort of strange. EL could have given the Strongwater solids to NM and the other exclusives to SAKS or does SAKS also sell the Strongwater pieces??? Sorry, but I don't know much about Strongwater, unfortunately he isn't known here in Switzerland.

Michele,

you said in another topic that your rep. at NM has plenty of these mirrors.....why is it so bad to sell tehm on eBay?? Maybe these people got more than 1 of each of the 2. Maybe you could get 1 for me???? hahahaha.

Brigitte [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

#15 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 09:25 PM

Excellent point! I hereby retract my negative opinion of the selling of mirrors on eBay, as long as they keep one for themselves. [Smile]

And I agree with the [Sleep] . It's time.

Talk to you later...

[Sleep] Michele [Sleep]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users