• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

For those of you that want to save some $$$ this year please contact Donna who works for Estee Lauder at Bergdorf Goodman in NY.

Donna has all the same solids as Neiman Marcus and does not charge tax on items shipped outside of Texas & NY As we all know collecting solids can be mighty costly so saving every little bit helps!

Donna can be reached at 1-800-558-1855 or 212-872-2777 ext. 2741/2777 her email is:
mularchuk@juno.com She is taking orders now.

Jack is creating a new "contacts" page and will have all the #'s and emails of where and who to get solids from, it will be ready shortly. [Big Grin]

[ July 03, 2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 03:11 PM

Hi Lisa !

Thanks so much for the contact

I hope you warned Donna that she'll get tons of e-mails & millions of calls ?!?!?!

Astrid

#3 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 04:43 PM

Hi Lisa, hi Jack !

I think it would make sense to add another feature to the "contacts" side you intend to add. I'm thinking about something like "... I can get this or that (solid) for you, who is interested in?"

What I've learned during my visits is that I always have to go through a lot of posts to find by chance one single information. I have to go through everything within the General Lauder Solids Talk or have to use the search button. To be honest, I really don't have the time to follow every post every day. But unfortunately, exactly there all the information is hidden.

E.g. I could provide a "source" for my fellow collector friends in Germany (or even Europe). I'm buying EL solid perfumes by aid of my friend in the States. Actually, I try to work out something so that I don't have to pay US-tax because everything will by paid with my (German) credit card. Looks like it will work. I'm already in touch with some of the members here who will get (or try to get) solids I'm looking for ... but I feel it would be much nicer (economic [Roll Eyes] ) to have everything here on the website where a lot of collectors are present than to do everything solely with another person on a private basis. Everybody could participate & have advantages.

Warm regards,
Astrid

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Lisa and Jack. Contacts page would be great! [Cool]

Could you please put Harrods phone #? I always loose #s and never memorize them.

Darn, I live in TX. Too bad I can't take a break from 8.25% sales tax. [Cry] It's cheaper for me to buy a sold at retail from ebay + shipping...even better when a seller lets it go below retail. [Silly]

#5 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 07:27 PM

Thank you for letting me know! I live in NY and I'd really rather not pay tax if I don't have to, especially since while I was in the hospital it went up to 8.75%!
Jeannie

#6 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:01 AM

I live outside of NY and Texas. [Razz] I would be happy to put your order in with mine this year when the new ones come out at Bergdorf's and then ship them to you so all you pay extra for is the shipping/insurance one way, but still save all the tax! [Cool]

#7 sparkle4me

sparkle4me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 04:24 PM

Thanks! I'll let you know!
Jeannie [Big Grin]

#8 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:42 PM

Hello all !

I feel this is the right place to thank Donna from Bergdorf Goodman in New York for her great assistance & kindness. Whoever bought from Donna or met her in person knows what I'm talking about. She's a wonderful person to deal with, and very very helpful.

Since I live in Germany, it's hard to get the solids at reasonable prices after tax & shipping (or bidding fights on eBay). Remembering Lisa's post that Donna sells to most destinations without (!) charging tax, I recently bought some EL solid perfumes from her: she took very good care of the condition of my purchases - everything is perfect & complete, she was of great help when there was a gift card event at that time to save me some money, and she also added a huge bunch of cosmetic & accessories which I did not expect.

Easy & exciting, what shall I say more than THANK YOU, Donna !

Donna's business card is shown on the page "Store Locations" (left column, 2nd from top).

Astrid

#9 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 03:06 PM

Maybe with the contact details we could see who posts internationally and who doesn't. Last time I contacted Donna her store was not posting out of the country and the same for Miss Gini. [Frown]

So as far as I am aware there is only Micky that is able to post internationally - unless someone knows of anyone else? [Puzzled] [Smile]

#10 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 03:10 PM

I just have to agree here.
Donna took the solids I bought to one side and held them at every possible angle to the light to ensure that there were no marks in the solids.
What's great is that Donna loves the solids too and knows how important they are to us collectors.
Donna is so helpful and knew me straight away just from my accent!!
She also got on the right side of Kevin by finding a sample for him to try! Way to go Donna, he now looks forward to our next visit to Bergdorf!! [Wink] [Wink]
People like Donna should be rewarded for all their efforts! [Big Grin]
Thanks from me and Kevin, Donna
Maggie [Cool]

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 04:11 PM

Astrid,

When I was in Germany recently, I experienced the most wonderful salesmanship.

I went to Dusseldorf and the young man who served me couldn't do enough! He even went to another branch to bring the solids to show me. Meanwhile, champagne was being offered to all who came into the shop. I was very impressed. I also found they were cheaper than in the U.K. But there again, everything is!

As I wasn't sure about whether to take one particular solid at the time, I called the next day and he actually posted it to me, free of charge. Now, you would not find that happening in Perfume Shops here.

Seems I will be back there very soon and will make a point of taking the bus and tram to Dusseldorf to see what else he has. Presumably they will have new stock now!

Jacky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users