71 replies to this topic

#31 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

HELLO EVERBODY!
I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I BEEN IN "TO CHAT" BUT IT SEEMS AS IF E/L STILL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT US. I STILL BUY THEM BUT I NO LONGER FEEL COMPELLED TO COLLECT THEM AS THEY SEEM TO LOSE VALUE AS SOON AS THEY ARE PURCHASED (RETAIL)
I BUY THE ONES I LIKE, AND IGNORE THE LIMITED EDITION PITCH THAT THE CLERKS GIVE.
IT IS TRULY A SHAME THAT THEY CONTINUE TO HAVE THE WHAREHOUSE SALES. WHY DON'T THEY JUST DESTROY THE UNSOLD/ PROTYPES/ WHATEVERS?
REGARDS TO ALL OF YOU!
GAIL C.

#32 Gail C.

Gail C.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:18 PM

OOPS! I GOOFED.
SHOULKD BE: "WAREHOUSE"
GAIL C.

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 02:58 AM

Hello Gail,

I wondered where you had gone! So nice to see you back and to know you are both well!

Lauderlover, have just read your posting re L.Vegas and the solid! [Roll Eyes] I just can't believe it!!

Those tactics are something else! I personally would have written a letter to someone at the top to see what the reply would be.

I would be interested if Lisa put all our values of solids together, to see how much of an investment we have contributed. Shall check mine out today to fill in the Poll Question.

Greyhound, posting wands today!

Jacky

#34 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:49 AM

A letter to the top is a good idea if there was anyone at the top.

I think that is one of the problems , there are to many at the "top" now and no one knows what the other one is doing and they just pass on any problem to the next "department".

I wonder if it would help if Lisa sent them a letter with all our names and ask them if they would address some of our concerns? Kind of like a petition. 200 plus names at one time might carry some weight.

Their sales would have to be down this year . Dealers are not buying 6 of everything to resell like they use to . How are they going to sell them when the market is flooded with cheap empties. I am not a dealer but I have somtimes in the past bought two to sell one later but not anymore.

I know it sounds like we are complaining to much but we would love the solids and would like for this hobby to grow and we fear EL is hurting it by some of its tactics.
And by them not even answering our questions we fell like we are just twisting in the wind.

EL- JUST TALK TO US.

Ann

P.S.
It has been suggested that I use the piggy solid for my avatar for hogging the board. [New Laugh]
But I can't decide between the sitting or standing pigs. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[ June 26, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#35 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:24 AM

Ann,

We all love your posts, I think you should be the Imperial Princess. [Big Grin]

I think over time we will see changes, we did not see the "EL at the Grammies" film in Vegas maybe that is some change right there.

I will try a letter again and will see what happens. [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin]

#36 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:29 AM

Oh, and another change is that I will not be buying the general distrubition solids this year.

I am going to wait until the get to the outlets or look for them on ebay as empties, I don't really care about boxes for the GD solids.

#37 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:34 AM

Nothing EL does anymore surprises me. They've gotton too big for their own britches! I agree with Ann and Ken and if there is someone at the top, don't expect them to answer. They make their money and that's all they care about. [Puzzled]

#38 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:12 PM

Hi Lisa,

I like your idea about the princess. I would like it even better if I owned one. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I know, you could have a poll on picking Ann & Ken a solid avatar. Now that would be VERY interesting. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#39 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 04:39 PM

Dear All, due to an earlier post some of you will know I wrote to Leonard Lauder. Still waiting for a reply! How high do you have to go?? Not even a thank you for your letter standard reply!

Nancy

#40 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 04:40 PM

Ann, will have to think about you for a little while but Ken definetely has to be the Locomotive! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Nancy

[ June 26, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#41 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:11 PM

Great idea. Why didn't think of it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ann

#42 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:35 PM

Ann, Ken, Nancy, Lisa......

I totally agree. [Big Grin] Ann should be the Imperial Princess AND the Locomotive IS perfect for Ken!!

Come on Ya'll..let's submit our suggestions and cast our votes!

Best.....

Mimi [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

If I get to CC tomorrow...I will report!!

[ June 26, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: mimi ]

#43 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:35 PM

Ann and Ken:

Last Fall we were invited to Estee Lauder's "coming out party" for the new solids and compacts. This was at Neiman's near Philadelphia. After the breakfast and the "dog & pony show," everyone went downstairs to purchase the solids they had available. Here's the interesting part...everyone who purchased a solid also received one of Roselyn Gerson's book...free...compliments of Estee Lauder.

Several collectors asked if Roselyn Gerson worked for Estee Lauder but they were not given a straight answer. I did tell whoever asked (that was near me) that she did not work for them and did the book on her own, with input from Estee Lauder.

I sort of felt that was improper on Lauder's part...as if they were taking credit for Roselyn's book to help sell their solids. [Puzzled]

Just wanted to share that...it's bothered me ever since.

Everyone have a lovely night...

Micki [Roll Eyes]

#44 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:05 PM

It would be improper for me to speak for Roselyn but My personal opinion is that EL doesn't treat her as well as I would like to see happen.

That's basically what happened in Fla.

The NYC rep. was trying to sell solids using her(Roselyn) book when we walked up and they were implying that is was an EL book and did we want to see it. [Roll Eyes]

Well , the mouth of the south had to say something, like yes we had seen the book and not only---, you can guess the rest. Thats when they started fawning all over us and wanted our photo. And we all know how Ann feels about having her picture taken. [Frown] [Frown]

Ann

#45 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:09 PM

Hi Ann, I like that, the mouth of the south! Great! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
I must admit that I bought the book in NY and after that I was sent a copy by Mar-lene in the Vegas store. When she told me she'd sent me a book I though she meant brochure. I passed it on to a friend and thought that it was a nice gesture for them to send me the book for buying from them. I must be very dumb not to realise it was a sales ploy. [Confused] Anyone who looks through Roselyns book must be tempted to buy more. I bet they bought in bulk too. I hope Roselyn made a lot of money from the book but I bet EL made more - just look at the comments on this site. Most of us treat the book with the reverence usually reserved for a bible. Hey, it's a book I often take to bed with me just to drool over the pictures! Maybe I should have kept that other copy, mine is getting a bit dog earred! [Roll Eyes]

Nancy

[ June 27, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users