• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:45 AM

..grrr I keep doing that - posting a response to the bottom of page 1 not realizing that there are more responses on another page. Please excuse a newbie [Embarrassed]

#32 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 02:43 AM

Loved reading all the comments about the Taj Mahal.

Two questions: Do the doors actually open?
How much is this solid in the States?

I have ordered Cupids Garden and now am wishing I had stuck to my previous thoughts i.e. the beautiful fan and the butterfly!

Personally I feel there are so many new solids all coming out at the same time, it becomes too difficult to choose!

Have to pawn some Jewellery to pay for them!
[New Laugh]

#33 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 07:31 AM

Hi Jacqueline:

Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. The doors open only in my mind, which is sort of a scary place to be. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Once you hold it in your hand and really look at it, you'll understand what I mean. [Wink]

Michele

#34 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 06:03 PM

Michele,

You owe me one [Big Grin] The Taj Mahal arrived today and it's not leaning. I've sent Lisa & Jack a couple of photos (front and side) so everyone can judge for themselves. Hopefully, they will post them when they have time. The Taj exceeded my expectations ... a really gorgeous piece.

I have to brag on Shari Pinna, the EL Rep at Neimans (her sales card is posted on this site). The Taj arrived in a huge box, which included an EL makeup bag full of goodies [Eek!] , a Neiman's corduory tote full of goodies [Eek!] , including the Jay Strongwater butterfly mirror [Eek!] , a large Neiman's black tote bag that's gorgeous [Eek!] . Now, this is a great example of good public relations!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

There's a great photo of the Taj on Neiman's website. I'll try to post a link.

http://www.neimanmar...mId=prod9750240

[ October 12, 2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Martha C ]

#35 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:52 AM

Hi Martha!

Wow! You hit a goldmine with your "extra's." Check out the goodies in the corduroy tote...the card for the mirror is in there. Possibly you could get to a closer Neiman's and pick up another mirror, just in case the one they sent gets lost?? (If they say they're out, ask them to check "in the back." There's something mysterious going on in that hidden room, I swear.)

Regarding the Taj...dear Martha...place a teensy, weensy "level" on the side of the Taj and if the bubble comes up center place, I owe you lunch. If not, you owe me lunch.

Problem...I rarely go below the Mason-Dixon line...unless I can fly over the Carolina's. Last time we drove down there, I spent 6 hours counting pick-up trucks with gun racks. Even ladies drive these things. Personally, if I had to have a pick-up truck, I'd want a shoe rack installed.

So, if I'm correct and yours is off a tiny bit, let me know when you're in Philly or NY...lunch is on me!

Glad you got a good one! [Smile] Course, if it really is straight, it's defective. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Michele

#36 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 11:25 PM

Hi Martha,
You are so right about Shari Pinna! She is an excellent EL Representative. [Smile] [Smile] I purchased all my EL solids and powder compacts from her this year.

Like you I called and thought I would use my Visa or Master Card to make my purchases. Than I found out they only take Neiman Marcus charges and personal checks. [Confused] Shari sent me the application form for the charge and in no time at all I had my card. [Big Grin] Shari held all the items that were in for a double point day. And like you I got all sorts of goodies including the mirrors.

I also contacted Shari about the Jay Strongwater mirror with the Cardinal on it. She checked with her boss, they received butterflies no cardinals. But Shari didn't stop there, she contacted an EL Rep in SAKS but they didn't get cardinals either.

I think that cardinal mirror must be very special. Possibly one of a kind???

Barb

#37 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:07 PM

Barb,

I looked on ebay to see if the Cardinal mirror had surfaced. It has not but could not believe [Eek!] the dozens of listings for the Butterfly ... even the gift certificate for the Butterfly [Roll Eyes]

Now, Michele, you know I can't let your remark go by about the Taj. I did go "out back" to search in my toolshed (where I keep my rifle when it isn't loaded in my pick-up truck) for a level, but couldn't find one to see if the Taj was leaning [Silly] . If you haven't already done so, check out the link to Neiman's photo of the Taj. Does it in anyway resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa? [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#38 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

Now where is that rifle? Good heavens if I could only find my pick up truck!

#39 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:44 PM

Hi Martha,

The photo from the NM page kind of shows what we are talking about. A slight dip on the left of the building where it sits on the enamel. It may just be a illusion . It is really very minor and ours only showed up in the closeups we were taking.

We are WAY south of you folks in the Carolina's and can't afford a pickup and a gun both at the same time. The racks are all in the house. [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Ann

#40 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:48 PM

Oh Martha...No wonder the south lost the war. (They really did...and I hate to tell you that.) The level is in the shed somewhere...keep looking! Or, it's under the seat of your pick-up?

The Taj on the EL site is probably jacked up with an empty shell casing, but what do I know. Otherwise, it's gorgeous, as is yours, I'm sure.

Loveperfume...have you checked under your picture of Elvis on black velvet? [New Laugh] [New Laugh] The pickup is sure to be around there somewhere. You're probably packing it up and ready to make the trip up here to "visit" with a Yankee, yes? Advance notice would be only fair...give me time to pack up my shoe rack and get out of town fast. [Big Grin]

Guess I better go before I get in hot water...again! [Silly]

#41 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:53 PM

Ann:

Some levity...thank you! [Wink]

#42 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:46 AM

Ann -

Bulletin: Just heard late last night from some truck dealerships in South Carolina...they're having a special. Buy a pickup truck and the gun rack and rifle come as "standard equipment," not options.

Actually, a little solid pickup truck w/extras would be sort of cute! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

[Eek!] Martha & Loveperfume...you do know this is all in fun, yes??...Much better than heavier topics I just can't handle anymore! [Roll Eyes]

If I've offended either of you (or anyone from the South)...my apologies... [Frown] . You're all the Best! [Big Grin]

[ October 13, 2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#43 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 08:22 AM

Hi Michelle - Still looking for my pickup - think it's under my rebel flag. If you do decide to drive through the south stop on by and I'll show you my solid collection and I might even let you ride in the back of the pickup!!Ha! Ha!

#44 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 09:42 AM

Michele,

No offense taken [Big Grin] . But if you ever receive a visit from a big, burly guy named BUBBA, tell him I said hello.

#45 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 01:16 PM

Also Michele,

There may be an East Texas guy....who goes by "Jim Bob" that might knock on your door. He's just one of my kin...checking in on you! [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

He might be in his pick-up, but I kinda' think he will be in his "Caddy" with the Longhorn steer regalia on the hood!!

More Later from Texas...

Mimi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users