50 replies to this topic

#16 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:33 PM

Interesting. I never knew that about the Taj Mahal. I learn so much from this site.

To be honest, I didn't notice the lopsided-ness of the Taj in the pic until Ann mentioned it. I was more focused on the sparkly crystals. [Wink]

Jeanette

#17 perfumememory

perfumememory

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 12:21 AM

Kali, thanks for the information on the on Taj Mahal, I am glad Estee did this care for serious collectors.
Imagine a Leaning Tower of Pisa non tilted!!

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Kali and everyone else for the very fascinating information!

I don't have the Taj Mahal solid yet so I cannot check the slope. [Frown]

#19 Kali

Kali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 12:31 PM

Hi everyone.

I don't have the Taj yet either-actually, I don't have any of this years solids! (I gotta get on the ball!!!) [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm not sure if EL did this on purpose or not. Either way, I absolutely LOVE this solid!!!

The pictures are wonderful!!! Wish I had the imagination and talent of Ann and Ken!! I really enjoy the scenes you two put together!!

Thanks for sharing!!! [Smile] [Smile]

Kali

[ September 27, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Kali ]

#20 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 08:56 AM

Finally got around to going to Neiman's and had to "choose" which Taj Mahal I wanted. After examining each one (5 total), I found only one that didn't seriously lean to the left. [Roll Eyes] Some looked as if they were going to topple over. Oddly, it's almost impossible to detect where the height difference applies. The base is the only possible site.

However, it's so beautiful one could just stare at it for hours. If you get no other solid this year, get the Taj. It's incredible, leaning or not. [Wink] What I really want to do is open up the doors and just walk in! [Big Grin]

Definitely worth $400 and then some! [Smile]

Michele

#21 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:41 AM

Wednesday was like Christmas at my place. A large carton arrived from Neiman Marcus with two EL solids and three powders. I purchased the Gilded Stagecoach, Taj Mahal, Blue India Paisley, Japanese Tsuru Fan, and the China Blue Love Knot. I'm still waiting for the Bermuda Blue Blossom. I love the blue series of powder compacts. They are all very nice.

My Taj Mahal leans too. But it is such a nice solid I'm going to keep it.

I received as a gift a small Jay Strongwater mirror for my pocket book. It has a butterfly, flowers and four crystals on the back of it. It's very pretty.

Barb

[ October 04, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Nicki169 ]

#22 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:08 PM

Michele,

Did your EL Rep at Neiman's mention the fact that the Taj Mahal is leaning (or almost toppling over [Silly] )? Surely, this is obvious to the salespeople. I just wonder what their response was, if any. Thanks.

#23 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:53 PM

Hi Martha -

Actually, I first asked her where the Taj Mahal was...(thinking Egypt or India...I get distracted easily when I'm looking over my shoulder at Prada purses)...and her happy little reply was: Atlantic City!. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] So...I figured, why pursue the topic. [Roll Eyes] [Smile] [Roll Eyes]

But, she's young...

Michele

#24 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:57 PM

Barb -

I received the same Strongwater vanity mirror...it's adorable! [Smile]

Michele

#25 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:10 PM

Michele,

That is too funny [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]
You sold me on the Taj [Wink] . I called the Neiman's rep and she swore none of hers were leaning and even bent over and eye-balled them for me. So, mine is on its way [Big Grin]

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:07 PM

Hi again, Martha:

But...did you ask her where the Taj is? She may have said Las Vegas instead of Atlantic City! [Silly] It's so rewarding to know this is why we pay outrageous school taxes...just to have a really, really good chuckle! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Seriously, you're going to love it...I don't care what position she was in...it's leaning. So, if she was bending over (and those young girls can get in some truly painful positions), there's a good chance it's leaning, but so was she! [New Laugh]

Must run...let us know when the Taj Mahal arrives, and whether you get the one from A.C. or LV! [Big Grin]

Michele

#27 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

Michele,

[New Laugh] Too funny! [New Laugh]

#28 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 01:54 PM

I think I will call my S.A. at Neiman's! Dag...nabbitt... (east Texas slang)...I've spent a lot of money in that store, and I want a mirror!!

I will report later on my progress!

Wish me luck..... [Big Grin]

Mimi

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 05:07 PM

Dag . . .. nabbitt? How bizarre Mimi . . . . what is the meaning and maybe we can swap slang! [New Laugh]

[ October 06, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Sandra ]

#30 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:44 AM

I think it would be nice if they made landmarks like the leaning tower or duomo. I like the harrods palace and I think when I get a taj mahal I'll put it nearby, ignoring geography, of course. [New Laugh]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users