62 replies to this topic

#1 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 08:00 AM

GOOD MORNING TO ALL OF YOU,
JUST SMELLED THE NEW SCENT BEYOND PARDISE. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU ALL BUT IT STINKS ON ME....I WORE IT ALL DAY AND IT GAVE ME A HEADACH... [Cry] [Cry] . I WAS VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS SCENT. AFTER SMELLING AND WEARING IT ALL DAY, I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS SCENT GOT PASSED THEIR NOSES.
MAYBE IT WILL SMELL BETTER ON OTHERS, NOT ON ME.
ITS VERY FLORAL SMELLING. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS SCENT AND LIKED IT?

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 08:29 AM

I tried it at counter and don't really remember what it smelled like. [Confused]

#3 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 10:01 AM

The reps I have talked to told me that they were selling quite a bit to people from overseas.

What little I know about fragrance. Not all fragrances will stay on a particular person. It does depend on how the perfume blends with your body. Some fragrance last only a short time while one that is "right" for you will last longer
I am sure some of our members will correct me if I am wrong

#4 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:15 PM

Hi Ron and All...

You're absolutely right! I think it depends on each person's body chemistry as to how the fragrance "adapts". I know that's true for me! I will love a fragrance on someone else....but when I wear it......it really "turns". [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Best to everyone...

Mimi

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:20 PM

I asked on the perfume addicts board if anyone has tried this yet. These folks are expert "noses" and so far the ones that have tried it do not like it.
Gave them a headache, Made them sneeze, One SA said it was comparable to Marc Jacobs.

I am sure more will weigh in .

And Ron is right . The notes will change and be different on different people.

Ann

#6 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:12 PM

I for one have never worn any Estee Lauder fragrances, I find them all way too strong. The only perfume I can, and have ever worn is Chanel #5. People always say I smell "wonderful" - I guess because I have been wearing it for so long, I can't even smell it on me anymore. Seems odd to collect perfume containers when I don't like the scent, doesn't it? Have a nice weekend all!

#7 vonnie

vonnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:55 PM

Hi all!
I hope you guys don't get mad at me because the fragance smelled great on me. I but the lotion not the perfume, so maybe it is not as strong. vonnie

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:03 PM

Hi Vonnie,

I got a private message from you asking a question but there was no question.
Do you still need an answer????

Ann

#9 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 10:32 PM

The only Estee fragrance I wear is Pleasures, but I really like it and I love the new Pleasures Intense (is that the right name? Something like that -- I've only smelled it in the store, I have so much perfume waiting to be worn, I can't justify buying another one to wear!) I do like the floral fragrances, so I may like Beyond Paradise, if it ever gets to Idaho, I'll let you know.

#10 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:39 PM

I haven't gone to the mall in months, so I don't know about the new fragrance.

I get migrane headaches if I smell too much perfume (especially the cheap strong stuff). My favorite is Chanel N5. One time I went to the bank and a guy asked what perfume I was wearing. He apparently liked Chanel N5 and wanted to buy his girlfriend some. [New Laugh] Well, it's more funny if you were there.

My 2nd favorite is L' Air du Temps, but it vanishes quickly. [Puzzled] I also like most Guerlain perfume. You could call me a perfume snob. [New Laugh] [New Laugh] I really hate all American brands especially CK One. [New Laugh]

#11 vonnie

vonnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 02:45 PM

Hi Greyhound,Do ou like mitsuko or bagetalle by Guerlain? They are my favorites. vonnie

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:02 PM

Hi Everyone

Am having computer problems right now so am not posting much these days!!!!!!

Couldn't resist your comments re Beyond Paradise. Have ordered this necklace and hope it doesn't live up to what you have been writing!

My favourite was Gucci's discontinued one, L'Arte,
now using different scents including Arpege etc.

Well Ron, what do you wear? Would be nice to hear from the men-folk don't you think.....

J [Wink]

#13 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:11 PM

Big news! The Beyond Paradise solid is in. I picked mine up today. It is really great. As far as the smell, I think it is OK.Nice bottle and packaging however.

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

Well that's one positive feedback and you know the old saying, 'one man's meat is another man's poison!'

Thanks KlassicGuy [Wink] [Wink]

#15 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:46 PM

Hi Woody,

The New Orleans Sak's doesn't have it yet. [Frown]

EL promised that this year all the stores would get them at the same time , yeah right.

Glad you got to be first, I think. [Big Grin]

Ann

[ July 26, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users