1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:08 PM

Gals like to shop and talk,

user posted image

while guys like to play in the dirt.

user posted image

These comments are totally Ken's who is stuck in the 50's.

Ken & Ann

EL Phone Booth - Close Ups

user posted image

user posted image

#2 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:50 PM

Absolutely the cutest ever...you guys just MUST put a book together...strictly photo's of your set-ups with your quips as you naturally write them.

These shots are totally priceless! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'd say "keep up the good work," but how does one top this? [Puzzled] Can't wait to see! [Wink]

Always a pleasure to see what you come up with, but this one really made me smile... [Smile] [Silly] [Smile]

Thanks so much!

Michele

[ September 23, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Michele ]

#3 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:29 PM

Just too adorable! You just make life so much sweeter with your talent and your photographic scenes of the EL solids.
I know what hard work this is and you make it look so flawless and easy. Thank you for pleasuring my eyes and heart and soul with my favorite collectibles.
Bye, KK [Smile]

#4 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:46 PM

Just had to have one more look before signing off.
Love the way you "gussied up" the girl bear. Looks devine with all the little gold boxes.
Great job.
Bye, KK [Cool]

#5 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:09 PM

Ann and Ken,
You have really outdone yourselves this time! I just love the teddy bears. They are so adorable especially with all the Harrods solids.

Thanks for the closeups of the Harrods telephone booth. This camera is fantastic! It shows all the detail of the phonebooth and the colors are so vivid.

Thanks for sharing,
Barb

#6 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:25 PM

What a pleasant way to end the day! It made me happy to see these darling little bears in their favorite surroundings.

I really like the phone booth shots. They are so clear and definitive. Makes me want one!!

Thanks so much!! I'm stuck in the fifties too!!

Mimi [Sleep]

#7 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:39 PM

Great scenes as always! [Eek!]

The phone box close ups are great! [Silly]

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 12:05 AM

Harrods couldn't have done it better themselves!

The details in your photographs are quite something! Just peeked in at the Marlin too! An eye opener as never realised there was so much detail on him!

Not surprised so many of us would like a book! Would have made a wonderful Xmas present.....

Where is the cuddly bear? They are all running around at Harrods now with their little red coats!

[Wink]

#9 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:23 AM

Ann and Ken,
I have probably asked this before [Roll Eyes] but what is the scale(s)of the furniture props that you use for the small scenes. I've just been browsing some dollhouse furniture but not sure of the scale and they don't all give measurements as well.
Many thanks [Puzzled] [Silly]

#10 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:57 AM

Ann & Ken,

Great pics! I especially like the shopping themed pic. And I love the phone booth. Your pictures have convinced me that I need to order one for myself.

Thanks for sharing [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Jeanette

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:01 AM

Hi Fee,

We use many different sizes of things. The houses that Ken built for the San Francisco scene are n-scale and the people are also. In the rollercoaster scene the props & people are HO-scale.

Most of the furniture is "doll house" scale.

Buying on ebay is kind of tricky for me as I need to "try on " the solid sometimes to see if it fits.
If you see anything on ebay you have a question about , email us and we will take a look and see if we can help you . Or if you see something in our photos we can send you the measurements.

Ann
clarkkenneth@cox.net

[ September 24, 2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: ann and ken ]

#12 lolly

lolly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 10:12 AM

Hi love those teddies!!!!!!!!!lolly

#13 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:48 PM

How anybody can make a phone box look great is beyond me! but as always you manage to do it with finesse!!
Well done as always, you make being a collector so much more fun!!!
Thanks alot.
As you can see from the posts you really are genuinely (not sure of spelling!) appreciated! [Big Grin]
Best wishes
Maggie

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:18 PM

Cool! You guys must be priority buyers! Love the way you get into them and play with them as soon as you get them!

Thanks for the pics of the phone booth too - love the phone booth better now, but my main 'erk' factor about it is the Harrods sign on the top. I don't think it's appropriate at all. It's supposed to be an English icon like the taxi, not a Harrod's feature (like the bear/shopping bag/delivery van).

[Puzzled]

#15 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:25 PM

Hi Ann,
Thanks very much for that! [Big Grin] I feel a new scene coming on! [New Laugh] [Silly]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users