• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:09 PM

I am so glad Ann and Ken have these pictures posted- I am STILL waiting to get my showgirl- I called Las Vegas today and the shipment has arrived today- now it will be next week before she is shipped and I get her- She better be as pretty as these pictures- especially having to wait this long- Thanx Ann and Ken [Wink] :

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:41 PM

Has anyone got their showgirl from Las Vegas yet??
I am still waiting her arrival. [Razz]

#18 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:46 PM

Lisa:

I got my showgirl from Vegas last week. It finally arrived on that "stagecoach." She is a beauty.

And, wonder of wonders, for the first time in all the years I've bought from that store and after all the money I spent there, they finally send me a "free" box of eye shadow and a tube of lipstick.

Carolyn

#19 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:57 AM

I haven't received my showgirl yet either. I have been anxiously awaiting her arrival for the last several weeks. I'm like a kid at Christmas. [Razz]

#20 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:47 PM

I got my showgirl from the Vegas store last week already- My rep is VERY good to me and sends me mens cologne/samples and atomizers full with every shipment I get from them- even when I visit the store - she is great- I just wish they would come to me faster!!

#21 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 12:21 PM

Oh Mark...you must share your Las Vegas rep's name!

#22 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:19 PM

My Rep at the LV EL store is Sipan- What a sweet girl- I go to Vegas 2x a year for holiday and relaxation and end up spending my extra $ at the EL store- But- one addiction out weighs the other I guess??

#23 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 02:57 PM

I am still waiting on my showgirl, she must be putting in some overtime! [New Laugh]

Mark,

Jack & I just love Vegas and I just told him I want to go. I want to check out the new tower added to the Venetian. [Big Grin]

[ September 21, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#24 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:04 PM

I love Las Vegas- I am a teacher and when I get extra holidays- I go to LV- it is my kinda place to relax- I like to walk and the place is full of places to go and see- I am sorry your showgirl is running late- I got her and I really was not that impressed with her quality- especially waiting that extra year for her- I think the coins shoulda been in gold and silver stones for the look of coins- - She is nice- but not worth what she is selling for! Personally- that is ny opinion!
Can't wait for the rest of my solids from there tho!!Especially the Strongwater- Has anyone been to the new Strongwater shop near the EL store in Las Vegas- OH MY- what an awesome store- especally the front gates- if you all ever get there- check out the doors!!

#25 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:53 AM

I just got back from vacation a week ago (still recuperating) and was able to go to the Las Vegas Estee Lauder store. I have a good rep there now - probably because I went crazy and bought half the store or almost. She sent me the showgirl last week. I really like it. I saw the Jay Strongwater store also. The front doors are fabulous. Now I'm back to work to pay for all of this!

#26 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:46 PM

My showgirl finally came today and again because I am still sick I can throw a temper tantrum- such a beatuiful solid, I love the idea but she could have been so much better, I would rather pay the $300 (like the box says) to have pink enamel on her headdress and shoes as well as enamel on the top and sides of the poker chips!! [Frown] [Frown]

Well, I feel a little better. [Eek!] I did also get a lipstick and eyeshadow which was very nice and a first from Vegas.

[ September 22, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:01 PM

A temper tantrum!?! Imagine that!

Why oh why are we buying solids that we aren't impressed with? Maybe if we didn't buy, then EL might 'up the ante' and go back to finishing their solids properly . . . (and then again on recent info, maybe quite frankly they wouldn't "give a damn, my dear"!

Are we afraid we'll miss the chance to own a solid that is part of a set just so we can complete the set and so are willing to spend hundreds of dollars to do so even when we don't even like one of the set?

Are we crazy? Will there be more temper tantrums as we realised we're being 'duped'?

I put it to you all 'are we in danger of enriching EL instead of enriching our own lives'?

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:45 PM

It was a temper tantrum only because I am still getting over a sinus infection and as Jack says I am cranky! [New Laugh]

I do like the showgirl very much- just saying she could have been fantastic with more enamel. The ones I don't like this year- the marlin and rollercoster (as well as others) are not in my collection.

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:46 PM

Well I guess that's all right then, Lisa - so long as you look after your health and don't get too cranky. . . and glad you do love 'Lola' the (faceless) showgirl, even without her fancy shoes and makeup. [Wink]

#30 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:14 PM

Hello,
I just received my showgirl and I feel this piece is very poorly done. I really don't like this piece, they could of done so much better. The gold looks tarnished and does not blend with the pink and blue stones.... you can hardly see the stones [Confused] Who designed this solid? Does anyone know?
Secondly I'm leaving for Vegas on Saturday and going to see my friend at the Estee store, in the Caesers Forum and visiting Jay Strongwater store.....I love vegas....We to go often....also seeing Celine on Sunday....Sure hope I win so I can go shopping for solids [Smile]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users